Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:04:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Dollar headed for 'multi-year rally' "  (Read 3710 times)
SEC agent (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

America, land of the free

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:39:34 PM

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/20/investing/dollar-bull-fed/index.html

"It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a Free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defense of it." -George Washington
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:48:02 PM

Yep, word on the street is dollar is going to rally against other currencies. Now the question is will it rally against Bitcoin.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 11:52:13 PM

Just American hype to prop up their falling dollar.

Check the amount of US bonds the Chinese hold and how they are ready to switch the entire world oil economy from petro/US to petro/gold and therby remove the US$ as the worlds reserve currency.

This move will bring about the economic downfall of the US and hurt the west but above all it will mean the US no longer has a defacto income from dumping bonds / cash onto the world market.

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:01:47 AM

"Today we are engaged in a new currency war, and another crisis of confidence in the dollar is on its way. This time the consequences will be far worse than those confronting Nixon. The growth in globalization, derivatives and leverage over the past forty years have made financial panic and contagion all but impossible to contain."

"The new crisis will likely begin in the currency markets and spread quickly to stocks, bonds and commodities. When the dollar collapses, the dollar-denominated markets will collapse too. Panic will quickly spread throughout the world."

from a newsletter published today: http://dailyreckoning.com/prelude-to-currency-wars/

You may recognize the source - DR has been positive about BTC for at least a couple of years.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 12:08:34 AM

Check the amount of US bonds the Chinese hold and how they are ready to switch the entire world oil economy from petro/US to petro/gold and therby remove the US$ as the worlds reserve currency.

This move will bring about the economic downfall of the US and hurt the west but above all it will mean the US no longer has a defacto income from dumping bonds / cash onto the world market.

petro/gold?

Not sure about this, gold breached $1300 today, down from $1800.

If the worlds economy is going to be based in part upon gold then the selloff? It's getting dumped enmass

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:52:36 AM

Yeah, I ha been hearing this song since the mid 2000's, and nothing has happened yet.

In fact, all I see is improvement.

"It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a Free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defense of it." -George Washington
Cranky4u

Activity: 810

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 01:04:05 AM

Yeah, I ha been hearing this song since the mid 2000's, and nothing has happened yet.

In fact, all I see is improvement.

and this process has been ongoing for over 50 yrs

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:53:53 AM

They can do that, but then we can also drain our fields dry, make a killing on the markets, I'm taking trillions $$$ and one we're bone dry of all the oil we dumped, we will start using our H2O patents to power our cars off of water.

I think that would be the best thing for our economy, loads of high paying jobs, we would not know what to do with our reserves.
xxjs

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:22:37 PM

The dollar could easily be the last one standing, while all other fiat fails. It will then obtain value due to increased user base. It will certainly not raise due to improving economy or getting the fiscal house in order, because the economy is not improving, and the fiscal house is not in order.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:50:16 PM

Agreed.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:07:15 PM

The dollar could easily be the last one standing, while all other fiat fails. It will then obtain value due to increased user base. It will certainly not raise due to improving economy or getting the fiscal house in order, because the economy is not improving, and the fiscal house is not in order.

As the reserve currency the US has a position of strength in this Currency War. From reading Rickards book, these kinds of currency battles can last years so it may be a long battle.

In saying that, China has set up direct swap lines with the UK, Australia and I think Russia? This is a way of cutting out the US as middleman and suggests that there isn't much trust there.

Not many economies are improving and most indicators are screwed up. Gold is heading down at the same time stocks are, so the stocks v gold debate is sorta moot.

Bitcoin is still solid though but I think everyone knows the regulation shock is coming.

xxjs

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:26:57 PM

As the reserve currency the US has a position of strength in this Currency War. From reading Rickards book, these kinds of currency battles can last years so it may be a long battle.

In saying that, China has set up direct swap lines with the UK, Australia and I think Russia? This is a way of cutting out the US as middleman and suggests that there isn't much trust there.

Not many economies are improving and most indicators are screwed up. Gold is heading down at the same time stocks are, so the stocks v gold debate is sorta moot.

Bitcoin is still solid though but I think everyone knows the regulation shock is coming.

The reserve status of the dollar currently is not formal, and other national banks use other kinds of fiat plus gold as reserves. It is more that dollar is the most popular (the best) money type for international trade. Even parties with two different fiats outside the dollar area may prefer to go via dollar to avoid spread and slippage. It is a long way to go to displace dollar for international trade.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:46:26 AM

.....we will start using our H2O patents to power our cars off of water....
Nope, that isn't going to happen.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:42:21 AM

Considering we are about a month away from the Federal Reserve buying all of our Treasury bonds (currently buying over 80%), I am not surprised by desperation in trying to get other countries to want to buy our dollars.

We are too far gone. The dollar is useless.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 02:00:19 AM

Gold and silver are down, dollar is up, just means there is a sale on gold and silver.  I like getting my silver for 50% off.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
okidoki

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:28:59 AM

Great news! Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:18:42 PM

From the article:
"The federal deficit is expected to fall to 4% this fiscal year, and drop to 3% by 2019"
2013 total spending: $3.8 trillion
2013 total revenue: $2.9 trillion
Deficit: $.9 trillion = 23%

You want to know how I know you are a government shill article?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:19:09 PM

The dollar is useless.

It's infinitely more useful than your internet monopoly money (which appears to be crashing as we speak).

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:33:50 PM

The dollar is useless.
It's infinitely more useful than your internet monopoly money (which appears to be crashing as we speak).
For relativistic definitions of infinity?  Or is this hyperbole?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:00:16 PM

The dollar is useless.

I am glad you believe that. Do not buy bitcoins at their low price.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: