Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:40:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Dollar headed for 'multi-year rally' "  (Read 3710 times)
SEC agent (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

America, land of the free

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:01:59 PM

hyperbole?

Of course.

I am glad you believe that. Do not buy bitcoins at their low price.

I won't be buying them at any price.  If I wanted to burn money, I'd just use my lighter.

"It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a Free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defense of it." -George Washington
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:33:27 PM

Re: "Dollar headed for 'multi-year rally' "

I don't disagree, but everything can be changed at the whim of a single individual. Its risky, risk of the incalculable kind.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 11:01:30 PM

This is what inflation is, ready yourselves
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 12:54:00 AM

This is what inflation is, ready yourselves

A little whisper from Ben that they might someday consider buying less, it scares away other bond buyers, and the Fed gets a bunch more interest on their T-bills, the economy slows, and the Fed own an increasing share of US debt for the next generation and a half.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
bitster

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:01:31 AM

I just don't get it how is the USD still so strong  Huh Is the world filled idiots who want to except fractional reserved garbage forever when their are better ways to exchange value. The metals plunge i understand the fed is shorting the metals market but the USD/EUR rising i don't get .
SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:16:25 AM

I just don't get it how is the USD still so strong  Huh

Get used to it. Despite all of the fear mongering that goes on around these forums, the dollar isn't going anywhere.

"It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a Free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defense of it." -George Washington
SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:18:11 AM

Inflation rates are looking good too.

bitster

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:26:53 AM

Those inflation rates are the BS ones the fed puts out it doesn't count food or fuel or anything else that would push the number up inflation under 3% my arse.
SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:46:29 AM

Those inflation rates are the BS

The fact that you believe this explains why you are having such a hard time understanding why the dollar is so strong.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 04:58:17 AM

I just don't get it how is the USD still so strong  Huh Is the world filled idiots who want to except fractional reserved garbage forever when their are better ways to exchange value. The metals plunge i understand the fed is shorting the metals market but the USD/EUR rising i don't get .
Fractional reserve is not so bad in itself, it really depends on the fraction, and what makes up the reserve.

USD will rise when its interest rate to default likelihood is a better deal than whatever is the denominator.  Its value is relative risk/reward.
The EUR has its own constellation of issues.

BTC could go to zero at a greater liklihood than most fiat (currently), so time deposits (bonds, CDs) that are BTC denominated should pay a higher rate than fiat to compensate for that risk.  There is also default risk, and counter-party risk, which has to be compensated as well. Those risks are perceived as low due to Ben Bernanke's vote of confidence. He has a great track record on his public comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpD64GUoXw

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 05:08:49 AM

Inflation rates are looking good too.

Some folks, such as these, see hidden dangers due to fiscal policy issues.
My crystal ball is not so well polished, it could easily be otherwise.

Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:50:41 PM

hyperbole?

Of course.

I am glad you believe that. Do not buy bitcoins at their low price.

I won't be buying them at any price.  If I wanted to burn money, I'd just use my lighter.

Doesn't seem like a good strategic move to me unless you just have some irrational dislike of Bitcoin.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 03:52:55 PM

My monthly spending was through the roof until I stopped factoring in the mortgage and gas. After that my spending dropped dramatically.

Next month I may stop factoring in the money I spend on food and I may start seeing a huge surplus in my household.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:56:59 PM

already said this in 2011 buy usd on every dip. See qe vs usdx 5 yr chart thats the hint.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 10:39:00 PM

My monthly spending was through the roof until I stopped factoring in the mortgage and gas. After that my spending dropped dramatically.

Next month I may stop factoring in the money I spend on food and I may start seeing a huge surplus in my household.

I need to start thinking your way.
SEC agent (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:11:24 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2013, 06:27:02 AM by SEC agent

If you keep blowing your real money on Internet Monopoly Money, you won't have to worry about factoring in any of that anyways (because you'll be broke).

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 07:50:57 PM

If you keep blowing your real money on Internet Monopoly Money, you won't have to worry about factoring in any of that anyways (because you'll be broke).
Thank you for your conscientious concern for our well being.  Americans are free to spend money on illusions.  Thank you for protecting that freedom and not preventing us from wasting our wealth on Bitcoins.  Your opinion on the matter is noticed, many disagree and like the illusion of math and software allowing us the opportunity to transact across great distances among ourselves with our monopoly money.  It is a fun game for us.  Thanks for watching us play, it is nice to have a audience generating advertising revenue for our forum creators.  Even if you are never going to play, you are helping in your own way.

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:05:41 PM

...many disagree and like the illusion of math and software allowing us the opportunity to transact across great distances among ourselves with our ...   Puff!
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:43:37 PM

Thank you for your conscientious concern for our well being.  Americans are free to spend money on illusions.  Thank you for protecting that freedom and not preventing us from wasting our wealth on Bitcoins.  Your opinion on the matter is noticed, many disagree and like the illusion of math and software allowing us the opportunity to transact across great distances among ourselves with our monopoly money.  It is a fun game for us.  Thanks for watching us play, it is nice to have a audience generating advertising revenue for our forum creators.  Even if you are never going to play, you are helping in your own way.
I think what he's trying to say is that if you have faith and stick to dollars and there's a problem, then some of those who kept the faith will get bailed out when the troubles come.  And you'd have a chance at those riches.  If you just ... you know ... play the game right....
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 09:58:58 PM

I think what he's trying to say is that if you have faith and stick to dollars and there's a problem, then some of those who kept the faith will get bailed out when the troubles come.  And you'd have a chance at those riches.  If you just ... you know ... play the game right....
I don't know about that. Might be true but not what I was thinking.

To him we are playing with illusions and monopoly money.  Its his opinion, and he seems earnest in warning us from our folly.  But we will mostly ignore that advice because we like what we are doing for our own reasons.  To me he seems afraid of things that don't worry me.  So i thank him for expressing his opinion here where doing so supports a cause that he himself does not support, the bitcoin business that is this forum.  That unbridled kindness toward strangers deserves thanks.  That he is also so very unconvincing in all that he writes is another small bonus.  If some are convinced by the message of fear, than that shows places where education is needed and better messaging from those that better understand the issue.

After all, he could be doing all this on quatloos instead.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: