Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:47:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Single SC Power Brick  (Read 1885 times)
HotSwap (OP)

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:58:10 PM

I have been reading on this forum and BFL's forum and there doesn't really seem to be a definitive answer on whether the singles will come with a brick or require a power supply. Anyone have any actual information on this?

Thanks!

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:07:24 AM

From what I've seen;

Jalepeno, yes.

Single, no.

Mini-Rig, require permission from your grid, and you have to notify your regional authority you don't own an EMP!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
HotSwap (OP)

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:26:19 AM

From what I've seen;

Jalepeno, yes.

Single, no.

Mini-Rig, require permission from your grid, and you have to notify your regional authority you don't own an EMP!

well that sucks, dont really want to have to deal with more PSUs. Oh well

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:29:13 AM

Don't take my view as fact, I don't own any if the above, it's just based on what I've read...

tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:23:14 AM

yes, Single will come with psu.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:25:54 AM

yes, Single will come with psu.

I herd this also, As one of the hold up's with shipping singles is power bricks shortage from their supplier.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:41:18 AM

I have been reading on this forum and BFL's forum and there doesn't really seem to be a definitive answer on whether the singles will come with a brick or require a power supply. Anyone have any actual information on this?

Thanks!

BFL don't have any power bricks in stock, the are waiting on them to arrive. Some people are happy to take the Single without the brick and use their own PSU just so they can start mining. Most people are waiting for the bricks to arrive. BFL are not giving a discount if you want the Single without the brick. I think they should, but it's probably too messy for them at this point.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:18:38 AM

Thanks!

BFL don't have any power bricks in stock, the are waiting on them to arrive. Some people are happy to take the Single without the brick and use their own PSU just so they can start mining. Most people are waiting for the bricks to arrive. BFL are not giving a discount if you want the Single without the brick. I think they should, but it's probably too messy for them at this point.

Ok, here's where I became confused prior...

Erm, out of interest why, would they not have these in stock? They've had a crude idea of power consumption, particularly that it's greater than the original tech spec, for a while now, months even...

ralree

Activity: 518

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:13:22 PM

Thanks!

Ok, here's where I became confused prior...

Erm, out of interest why, would they not have these in stock? They've had a crude idea of power consumption, particularly that it's greater than the original tech spec, for a while now, months even...

Josh explained at one point - search through his threads on the BFL forum and you'll find it.  I think it had something to do with a spec change at some point... whatever it was, I was OK with it.  Of course, I don't need a power brick - why would I want something extremely inefficient powering my hardware when I could use a wonderful switching PSU that's 90%+ efficient?

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 02:10:46 PM

What is the power consumption again? If its like 300W, that's a pretty unique 12V adapter required. (25A...). It would make more sense to be a computer PSU.

tom99

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:57:00 PM

yes, around 300W or less.

ps: Single has 2 pci-e connectors plug.
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:20:06 PM

This is what Josh said about the power supplies on the shout box:

We aren't really on hold, but yeah, the Single PSUs still aren't in. We are being BFL'd by the supplier.

We'll ship singles to those that don't care about PSUs no problem.

The PSU manufacturer told us 7 days and it's been two months. I'm going to go throw a tantrum on their forums... oh wait, they don't have forums.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:23:39 PM

We aren't really on hold, but yeah, the Single PSUs still aren't in. We are being BFL'd by the supplier.

The PSU manufacturer told us 7 days and it's been two months. I'm going to go throw a tantrum on their forums... oh wait, they don't have forums.

Wow, that's pretty bad when the company itself starts using it's namesake as a meaning for delays...

On the other hand, it shows they have a sense of humour...! Wink

mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:24:52 PM

How do they know who cares about getting a PSU and who doesn't?

dave3

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:51:50 PM

How do they know who cares about getting a PSU and who doesn't?

The shipping department has been calling people to ask them, as they're ready to ship the unit out.
tom99

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:54:41 PM

bfl will hold on single for if you want the psu.
dave3

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:57:15 PM

Also, they've said if you accept the unit without a power supply, they won't be sending power supplies later when they're in stock, and they won't give you a partial refund.

Of course, the cost of buying an external power supply is sort of inconsequential vs. what you'd lose mining having to wait, so its an easy choice to take the unit and buy your own power supply.

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:26:10 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 10:42:58 PM by erk

Also, they've said if you accept the unit without a power supply, they won't be sending power supplies later when they're in stock, and they won't give you a partial refund.

Of course, the cost of buying an external power supply is sort of inconsequential vs. what you'd lose mining having to wait, so its an easy choice to take the unit and buy your own power supply.

Also depending on where you are, the supply could be cost less than the freight of BFL sending it separately. eg. it would cost me $88 for BFL to send just the supply on it's own. My local PC dealer will sell ma a 430watt PSU for less than that.
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:24:20 AM

Thanks!

Most are waiting? Uh no, most can do the math. Jody said everyone (except maybe one) is choosing to get their unit sooner without brick.

HotSwap (OP)

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:42:29 AM

Well my order is from September so the brick will probably be in by the time they get to mine. But i certainly wouldn't wait either.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: