Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:32:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will die?  (Read 1753 times)
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:29:24 AM

Hello,

Looking at graphs from fork.lol (https://fork.lol/pow/hashrate) website, Bitcoin cash hashrate just doubled vs the Bitcoin core. It is currently at over 65% of total hashrate and growing...
This is very concerning because it will be very hard or even impossible to confirm transactions if this keeps going at this rate and more miners will switch to Bitcoin cash.
You might say that there will be 400% difficulty increase in BCH and all miners will switch back, but keep in mind there will be a fork tomorrow to fix just that.

So... I start wondering if this will be the end of bitcoin as we know it?

No! I can say that this is the plan of bitcoin if some people invest in bitcoin cash they will buy bitcoin if the bitcoin goes down and if the bitcoin cash go down again they will buy again bitcoin cash this is a logic.
There maybe some people trying to manipulate and grabbing the hash power from bitcoin to bitcoin cash just to destroy bitcoin, even making so many unconfirmed transactions spam.
But now you see, that price of BCH getting down again, it seems that bitcoin win again this time, the transactions queue also reduced slowly, just matter of time until diff adjustment.
well i would like to say we are not that sure if that is only a manipulated scheme or what, and besides there is no evidence we can see that they steal the hash. So there is no assurance that they really have it or what and we cannot judge it immediately just because the price of BCH goes down.
johnrickdalaygon

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:33:05 AM

The price or even the charts are always changing so, we did not know when or it was dying. But, I guess NO, Bitcoin is growing and getting more important. It's not just bitcoin. The issue is that the global banking and payments system is fundamentally broken.  Bitcoin is merely one part of general set of financial technologies that will reshape the banking system.

People focus so much on what the price of bitcoin is that they don't look at *how* bitcoin is traded.  Bitcoin is quite interesting because it is the first asset whose trading/exchange infrastructure was created from a clean sheet, and so you have things like 24/7 trading, multiple exchanges, and direct trading with counterparties, that are going to eventually be used to trade everything else.
specsmuluk

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:05:16 AM

for me bitcoin will not die because many are using bitcoin as virtual currency they use every day, for that I make sure bitcoin will last long ...
nazimmamun

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:12:18 AM

actually, this is the way btc is. Constantly changing, evolving, offering new "forms" of itself.so i think it will not haend.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:58:32 AM

People always worried about bitcoin going to die soon without even realizing that this is the nature of bitcoin ever since its unpredictable and always fluctuating but it will not die this is just part of its market. Instead of worrying better take this as an opportunity to invest and maybe after few months you will be surprise by the earnings you can get.

rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:52:05 AM

Hello,

Looking at graphs from fork.lol (https://fork.lol/pow/hashrate) website, Bitcoin cash hashrate just doubled vs the Bitcoin core. It is currently at over 65% of total hashrate and growing...
This is very concerning because it will be very hard or even impossible to confirm transactions if this keeps going at this rate and more miners will switch to Bitcoin cash.
You might say that there will be 400% difficulty increase in BCH and all miners will switch back, but keep in mind there will be a fork tomorrow to fix just that.

I can't see any reason that bitcoin will die, due to its price that keeps on rising,bitcoins have just started in some places and to some it is not been being introduced,it has a long years to go,those were just speculations but bitcoin already made a history that it is worth keeping by investing,HODL your bitcoin if you have because there still a good reason why you must keep it..and its very beneficial for all of us. As time goes by.

Asusnumbaone

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:24:34 AM

Bitcoin will die eventually but it is not a possible event now. Bitcoin may die in the future but it will never die today because it is so in demand by a lots of people. This crypto currency will never die unless the demand falls to zero. That is one of the possible event that might occur. Another is if the internet in the whole wide world will be cut off and we are not unable to connect to our internet connection. We all now that this is not possible but not impossible. We should enjoy using the bitcoin now and keep benefiting from it
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:28:59 AM

I think bitcoin will never die. Because cryptocurrency many people use for online transactions.
Demand cryptocurrency still high in the world, so I think is impossible bitcoin will die !
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:33:29 AM

It is imposible bitcoin has a strong support and it have a strong community only those whales or dumpers can put bitcoin down but it will
fast recover.
Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:33:47 AM

One day Bitcoin will die but it will be no big crash but a long way down the road. But before that process which can take several decades, initializes we need a good replacement and I doubt that Bitcoin cash is a good replacement despite its 8MB block size and low transaction fees.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
rayymat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:39:49 AM

bitcoin will die, all crypto will die, it is the base currency for all the kids bitcoins has produced
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:43:15 AM

This is very laughable statement as i heard and read many times that the bitcoin will die soon. Based on the record of bitcoin obituaries from 99bitcoins.com, bitcoin had died 187 times and this will be latest record and be counted as 1. Bitcoin die and then resurrect because bitcoin is immortal, only sharks, whales and pool miners are gonna die soon. The greedy Chinese businessmen and their government trying to kill bitcoin in their own territory because they want BCH to dominate but mind you guys it will never gonna be happen.
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:43:55 AM

Bitcoin will not die even if bitcoin cash has a great value now guess what bitcoin cash can't surpass or beat bitcoin cause until these day bitcoin is still number one that online user's used.
johnleo

Activity: 1414

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:55:47 AM

if bitcoin die, it will be bad thing for crypto world and alt coin will die soon too and don't forget bch is an alt coin  Wink. So don't worry btc never die.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:56:55 AM

i think we have read this statement way too many times already, can BTC itself die? yes of course it can, but the technology behind (decentralisation, blockchain and all the services around it) will never die.
BTC started small but caused a snowball, the world has evolved and changed his shape with BTC, blockchain will be used in many different way in the future, not just for crypto.
We also read about banning all the crypto in x countries now and in the future, if this will get big, for sure somebody will find a different way to use the blockchain to start something different but related to this project.
BTC can die but not this project, forget about it, people will keep support it even if it shift in something different than today.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:00:29 AM

Hello,

there's nothing permanent in this world even us the people will die. even the trees and the animals die. but the process of the things how will work will not die like in the bitcoin. yeah bitcoin will die. we must accept that and be prepared where and when it happened but the process of the bitcoin to how it will make popular like the advertising , blockchain, being decentralize and other services will not die
Mr.Smithers

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:00:42 AM

if bitcoin die, it will be bad thing for crypto world and alt coin will die soon too and don't forget bch is an alt coin  Wink. So don't worry btc never die.

I agree with you that if bitcoin dies all other crypto will follow, but it IS NOT PROVING bitcoin will not die. To think so is just commiting a logical fallacy.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:12:56 AM

if bitcoin die, it will be bad thing for crypto world and alt coin will die soon too and don't forget bch is an alt coin  Wink. So don't worry btc never die.

I agree with you that if bitcoin dies all other crypto will follow, but it IS NOT PROVING bitcoin will not die. To think so is just commiting a logical fallacy.
I don't think so that bitcoin will die because there is no chance of dying bitcoin the reason behind it is that the users of bitcoin is increasing with time due to the good performance of bitcoin due to which more and more are taking interest in bitcoin so in future it is more expected that the rate of bitcoin will be more increased and due to which more and more people will taking interest and the life of bitcoin will be increasing.
Dastramus18

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:24:42 AM

No how can bitcoins die if they are not even all with us i mean not all bitcoins are mined so how can they already die also i think it will die after all are mined but Ethereum will take its place and be bigger then bitcoin itself i do not understand why the price of ethereum is so low.
kinzey

Activity: 254

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:28:32 AM

Hello,

Btc will not die.  Only fake news is making it die. Just so they can buy cheaper btc as usual. All they want is to pump bch. So for me dont worry as majority of the people are sticking with btc. Bch may rise in the future but btc won't die

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: