Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold online wallet: mybtgwallet  (Read 5813 times)
natizyskunk

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 05:33:48 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 05:46:05 PM by natizyskunk

Guys, I just had a discussion with my dad that work in insurance for 30 years now and he tell me to go to the police and he said me that we all need to "press charges against person unknown" at the police station and to "Inform your lawyer" of the situation. I'll go to the police station Saturday morning if I found some time.
Atm official bitcoin gold team hasn't responded to my email and messenger message. For some people, a Slack has been open for the "STOLEN BTC" story that we're in: https://join.slack.com/t/stolenbtc/shared_invite/enQtMjczNzMxOTM5MjIyLTNhZWRlNjNmMGUwOGJlYzFlMGZhNTIxMjA1ZWJhZmU1YTJjOTY3NTQ3Y2Q2YWE5NTc5NzAxZTRlYzAzYmEzMzA

Btw, sorry for my bad English, I'm from France 
adabau

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:20:39 PM

mybtgwallet SCAM
They put a link to mybtgwallet and also here on twitter they said that wallet is trustworthy. I checked and after a few hours all my coins are missing. A lot of people lost a lot of money with this scam!
https://twitter.com/szilardszegedil/status/931265168004272129
I lost all my btc funds that I sold my house to get ...I lost my funds through your myBTGwallet which was published in your website and tweeted it as trustworthy wallet you are responsible of all.this mess and you must give us our money back
https://twitter.com/bea_rabia/status/931270958425559040
fxbit

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:25:00 PM

Hey there,

today whatwas my surprise when i open my BTC Wallet on Jaxx.io ?
All my BTC was gone and my balance is now showing 0 BTC

In fact you'll see in the details of my tx (down) that it was done early this morning and i was connected to https://mybtgwallet.com.

And now it's not listed on the BTC-Gold official website anymore and on the web wallet it's a warning message that say "Access to the site direct from your browser, dont search in google or access from any other website. It’s reported that some hackers are disguising the real wallet. We are investigating the problem.".
You can not import anymore any private key or 12Word pass-phrase like the Jaxx 12 words pass-phrase.
It's important to notice that 'ive import my 12 word pass-phrase from jaxx in the web wallet of mybtgwallet.com so i highly think it's a scam or a hack...

Any idea of what to do now ? All my BTC or lost forever ?

I'v retraced the tx and all i can give you is this (the last adress is the suspicious one and i don't know it):

AMOUNT TRANSACTED 0.02956628 BTC, FEES 0.0007705 BTC, RECEIVED about 15 hours ago (15/11/2017 @ 05:00 FR), CONFIRMATIONS 6+

0.00216303 BTC from
 1DkU7RULfAQsmE6m67fMnEHYAJhejV68GZ (output) -mine-
0.01226689 BTC from
 19WzXQ14SkfdjZgM6MyZPU4iftH8J1qwMx (output) -mine-
0.00112462 BTC from
0.01478224 BTC from
to -->
0.02956628 BTC (212$) to
 1A43nfMEW3E73z3u7MCC67Yevdpjn6ws6c (unspent) ?? WTF ??

thanks a lot for any help that will be benefic,

Cheers,

Natizykunk
Do you have more proof about this  we.. honestly i don't trust any wallet for bitcoin gold unless if its recommended by bitcoin gold developers..
That is why hard to trust to anyone you should wait for the official update about bitcoin gold or use exchanges instead like coinomi ..
Try to contact it in bitcoin gold official website maybe they can explain about https://mybtgwallet.com. why they removed it in their website so that we can clear that this is  a scam wallet..

That wallet is actually recommended and supposedly used by BTG dev and its appear on their front page as means to check your BTG balance since last week when their mainnet started going online live

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
1MGod1NYS3J8GULqdV67WCdiHVHa3Jts7N
beeqb

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:42:58 PM

Hey there,

today whatwas my surprise when i open my BTC Wallet on Jaxx.io ?
All my BTC was gone and my balance is now showing 0 BTC

In fact you'll see in the details of my tx (down) that it was done early this morning and i was connected to https://mybtgwallet.com.

And now it's not listed on the BTC-Gold official website anymore and on the web wallet it's a warning message that say "Access to the site direct from your browser, dont search in google or access from any other website. It’s reported that some hackers are disguising the real wallet. We are investigating the problem.".
You can not import anymore any private key or 12Word pass-phrase like the Jaxx 12 words pass-phrase.
It's important to notice that 'ive import my 12 word pass-phrase from jaxx in the web wallet of mybtgwallet.com so i highly think it's a scam or a hack...

Any idea of what to do now ? All my BTC or lost forever ?

I'v retraced the tx and all i can give you is this (the last adress is the suspicious one and i don't know it):

AMOUNT TRANSACTED 0.02956628 BTC, FEES 0.0007705 BTC, RECEIVED about 15 hours ago (15/11/2017 @ 05:00 FR), CONFIRMATIONS 6+

0.00216303 BTC from
0.01226689 BTC from
 19WzXQ14SkfdjZgM6MyZPU4iftH8J1qwMx (output) -mine-
0.00112462 BTC from
0.01478224 BTC from
to -->
0.02956628 BTC (212$) to
 1A43nfMEW3E73z3u7MCC67Yevdpjn6ws6c (unspent) ?? WTF ??

thanks a lot for any help that will be benefic,

Cheers,

Natizykunk
Do you have more proof about this  we.. honestly i don't trust any wallet for bitcoin gold unless if its recommended by bitcoin gold developers..
That is why hard to trust to anyone you should wait for the official update about bitcoin gold or use exchanges instead like coinomi ..
Try to contact it in bitcoin gold official website maybe they can explain about https://mybtgwallet.com. why they removed it in their website so that we can clear that this is  a scam wallet..

That wallet is actually recommended and supposedly used by BTG dev and its appear on their front page as means to check your BTG balance since last week when their mainnet started going online live

By the way balance cheking is still with mybtgwallet but now without links etc.
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 12:26:41 AM

Wasn't mybtgwallet hacked? Or emptied by it's creator?

I didn't pay attention to that news, but something fishy was going on.

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
concorde899

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:13:15 AM

I don't know if it was hacked but for sure someone got a lot of btc/btg/eth etc out of that script.
quicksilv3r

Activity: 132

http://INVESTNCRYPTO.COM

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 01:41:34 AM

if u used mybtgwallet.com and used your seed/private key you btc well be stolen .
if u still have btc move to new seed wallet and abandoned the old one. GL all.
mybtgwallet.com is a scam

►►►►►►►►►►►► ฿ #1 trusted Free bitcoin faucets ฿◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄ $/£/€ Earn free bitcoin Via Moonbit. $/£/€◄
►►►►►►►►►►►► ฿ Learn and Earn! #Cryptocurrency ฿◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄ $/£/€ Learn and Earn! Cryptocurrency $/£/€◄
concorde899

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:47:05 AM

Join the community for live messaging and proof gathering here:
https://join.slack.com/t/stolenbtc/shared_invite/enQtMjczNzMxOTM5MjIyLTNhZWRlNjNmMGUwOGJlYzFlMGZhNTIxMjA1ZWJhZmU1YTJjOTY3NTQ3Y2Q2YWE5NTc5NzAxZTRlYzAzYmEzMzA

Only together we can make a difference!

Also, if you were a victim of these scammers please comment on this article:
http://bitcoinwhoswho.com/blog/2017/11/16/million-dollar-mybtgwallet-scam/

Any new info is much appreciated.
vlom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:00:28 AM

It may be genuine but i am not taking any risk with my private key or other details i will wait some more days even month to get genuine source i claimed BCC from blockchain.info after 2 months . Patience will pay better.

i am going to wait until ledger will provide something. i think too that you don't need tu hurry.
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:08:42 AM

its really disgusting that they posted the link on their website. it was visible under the countdown. if the BTC Gold dudes were trapped to then they are really amateurish. but i have to admit that they have to be connected. to prove this will be really hard.
concorde899

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:10:43 AM

its really disgusting that they posted the link on their website. it was visible under the countdown. if the BTC Gold dudes were trapped to then they are really amateurish. but i have to admit that they have to be connected. to prove this will be really hard.

It will be really hard indeed but we started to do some connections. The good thing is that on the blockchain you can not erase your footprints.
filtr0w

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:30:29 PM

so wait people shared their keys and seeds in a website and they were expecting it NOT to be a scam?
MoNTE48

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:45:58 PM

I lost 0.76 BTC! These were all my savings
concorde899

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:50:39 PM

The heat just started, many and many more will come.
Now the website just shows a field where you can input your address and check balance, not even on https.....
The is no official statement yet.
The users that were scammed just keep comming.
petrafan007

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:22:35 PM

Wow, I can't believe this. Maybe I can. I'm a victim as well. Looks like some folks had it a lot worse than me. They only stole HALF my bitcoin balance (and most of my ETH). I think the high fees saved my ass or something. But it sure sucks to be suckered. We all learned a valuable lesson...don't trust ANYONE...even official sources who endorse wallets. Sucks to lose $500 worth of BTC. I hope we can track these MFers down.
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:24:47 PM

Wow, I can't believe this. Maybe I can. I'm a victim as well. Looks like some folks had it a lot worse than me. They only stole HALF my bitcoin balance (and most of my ETH). I think the high fees saved my ass or something. But it sure sucks to be suckered. We all learned a valuable lesson...don't trust ANYONE...even official sources who endorse wallets. Sucks to lose $500 worth of BTC. I hope we can track these MFers down.

what i don't get: why did you lose ETH? did they ask you for you ETH private key?
petrafan007

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:32:15 PM

Good question. I don't know how they pulled it off, but they must have been able to backdoor my Jaxx wallet or something. I noticed that when I installed the exodus wallet and put in my jaxx generated 12 word seed, BOTH ETH and BTC balances showed up (it was like .064 for BTC and like .015 for ETH...what they left me with).

But that's why I thought it was someone who hacked my Jaxx wallet. Maybe they were able to some software to find out that it was my Jaxx wallet and got accees to ETH was well. Who knows...makes no sense... they would have had to know my 4 digit PIN on Jaxx right? It is quite bizarre I will say that...
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:41:34 PM

Good question. I don't know how they pulled it off, but they must have been able to backdoor my Jaxx wallet or something. I noticed that when I installed the exodus wallet and put in my jaxx generated 12 word seed, BOTH ETH and BTC balances showed up (it was like .064 for BTC and like .015 for ETH...what they left me with).

But that's why I thought it was someone who hacked my Jaxx wallet. Maybe they were able to some software to find out that it was my Jaxx wallet and got accees to ETH was well. Who knows...makes no sense... they would have had to know my 4 digit PIN on Jaxx right? It is quite bizarre I will say that...

That is why it is safe to use separate wallet for each account so that when this type of problem happens you are saved if they are not able to hack other accounts. I never use new wallets which are always compromised. It is better to use the official wallet with the coins original. I am using Electrum wallet for BTC and myetherwallet for ETH and its related coins. So in future any problem occurs i should be saved it.
Jonashe

Activity: 194

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 03:45:51 PM

Oh my god it's such a losss, too much sad story here ! Your BTC private key are the same that BTC private key if you didn't move your BTC. DON'T SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEY WITH ANYBODY !

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
deloreswest

Activity: 350

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:53:11 PM

seems fishy mybtgwallet. dont store your coin if there is no clarification about it. dont risk your coin on something not trusted as this web

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: