Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:45:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold online wallet: mybtgwallet  (Read 5813 times)
concorde899

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:01:30 PM

Wow, I can't believe this. Maybe I can. I'm a victim as well. Looks like some folks had it a lot worse than me. They only stole HALF my bitcoin balance (and most of my ETH). I think the high fees saved my ass or something. But it sure sucks to be suckered. We all learned a valuable lesson...don't trust ANYONE...even official sources who endorse wallets. Sucks to lose $500 worth of BTC. I hope we can track these MFers down.

what i don't get: why did you lose ETH? did they ask you for you ETH private key?

That is a very simple problem.

When you create a wallet for a "Multicoin Software Wallet", that seed is for the whole wallet no mather how many types of coins you hold into it.
The Private key of one address is just for that specific address only.

In other words : If someone gets a private key, he gets access only to that address wich is paired with that specific private key and if someone gets your 12,15,18 words passphrase (Mnemonic), he gets access to the WHOLE wallet no matter how many types of coins you hold into that wallet.

The passphrase is kindda of a text represeantation of a wallet.dat file.

I said that before, but here you go again.

If you put your passphrase on mybtgwallet.com please move all the coins that were into that wallet, not only the BTC (if there are some left).

I update this post with some new information.It seems that a new clone of the website is online : https://mybitgoldwallet.com/.  This looks exactly like the old one, BEWARE.
Gasotard

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:14:16 PM

Wow, I can't believe this. Maybe I can. I'm a victim as well. Looks like some folks had it a lot worse than me. They only stole HALF my bitcoin balance (and most of my ETH). I think the high fees saved my ass or something. But it sure sucks to be suckered. We all learned a valuable lesson...don't trust ANYONE...even official sources who endorse wallets. Sucks to lose $500 worth of BTC. I hope we can track these MFers down.

what i don't get: why did you lose ETH? did they ask you for you ETH private key?

When you create a wallet for a "Multicoin Software Wallet", that seed is for the whole wallet no mather how many types of coins you hold into it.

In other words : If someone gets a private key, he gets access only to that address wich is paired with that specific private key and if someone gets your 12,15,18 words passphrase (Mnemonic), he gets access to the WHOLE wallet no matter how many types of coins you hold into that wallet.

If you put your passphrase on mybtgwallet.com please move all the coins that were into that wallet, not only the BTC (if there are some left).

I update this post with some new information.It seems that a new clone of the website is online : https://mybitgoldwallet.com/.  This looks exactly like the old one, BEWARE.
There seems to be more scams for this coin out, just go to btcgpu then download their wallet.

Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:34:07 PM

Seems legit. But do not trust it that much just yet. I know it has already been a long wait for people like you who have bitcoin gold because the development is pretty slow. But there are just things in life you cannot rush. So i suggest you wait a little more to be aure on where you put your bitcoingold. This is just a friendly advice, if you tale it, then good, if not then i wish you good luck and that you don't lose you btg.
krzynek_one

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:16:16 PM

So, does at least bitcoin-qt aka Bitcoin Gold Core on their site is legit?

I'm syncing right now with network, but wondering if it's save to use it -_-
vlom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:26:32 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 07:36:52 PM by vlom

I update this post with some new information.It seems that a new clone of the website is online : https://mybitgoldwallet.com/.  This looks exactly like the old one, BEWARE.

multicurrency wallets with one seed? but why the hell put in the seed on a website when you have a private key for each BTC address if you are using jaxx.

ate there other multi-coin wallets?
concorde899

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:58:02 PM

Jaxx,Exodus,Blockchain and I am sure there are more with multicurrencies.
You create your wallet and you get your Seed at the beginning.
After that you create addresses (with priv keys) for whatever currency is supported.
concorde899

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:58:57 PM

So, does at least bitcoin-qt aka Bitcoin Gold Core on their site is legit?

I'm syncing right now with network, but wondering if it's save to use it -_-

Used it, claimed the btg, all good.
It is exactly the bitcoin core client adapted to btg.
Enjoy.
bitcoinlinks

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 08:08:45 PM

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

JUST MOVE YOUR BTC FUNDS TO A NEW WALLET WITH NEW PRIVATE KEYS. ALL SAFE.

Then use your OLD private key, you will NEVER lose your BTC.
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:03:58 PM

just to let you know:

The Bitcoin Gold network is now available and BTG transactions are supported by Ledger.

Instructions can be found here:
https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005456969-How-to-use-Bitcoin-Gold-with-Ledger

beeqb

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:05:06 PM

just to let you know:

The Bitcoin Gold network is now available and BTG transactions are supported by Ledger.

Instructions can be found here:
https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005456969-How-to-use-Bitcoin-Gold-with-Ledger

Who care about it? BTG - scam. And story with mybtgwallet are the best proof of it.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:15:51 PM

Use it on your own risk,this is not the official BTG wallet.Lets wait further instructions from the BTG developers.

beeqb

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:27:23 PM

Use it on your own risk,this is not the official BTG wallet.Lets wait further instructions from the BTG developers.

Sure. When the scamming campaign was ended official BTG site delete link to mybtgwallet and take a sillente about past scam. They advertise this wallet. In the fold of bitcoingold.org pieced form from mybtgwallet.
What are you fucking talk about?
concorde899

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:10:10 AM

This is the code from mybtgwallet

https://pastebin.com/H6we20D6

This has some PHP script in it and stores seeds in a file called lelo1.html and also uses the same google ID

The hosting provider can say if it was there from the beginning or someone hacked the website and modified the script to benefit.

If so, then there must be some tracks of it.

fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:18:43 AM

irresponsible people who run this fork, whatever their excuses is they are guilty of all this, most likely they are part of all this all along

concorde899

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:27:23 AM

This thief got away with more than 1.5Mil USD. The staff from btg team just ignores the community shouting for their money.
This will not pass so easy.
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:37:20 AM

now they posted a disclaimer under the links to the wallets.

Disclaimer: the Bitcoin Gold Organization (bitcoingold.org) cannot take responsibility for third party providers, such as the listed exchanges, wallets, sites and pools. All links hosted on our domain are by community members and third parties and by clicking on any of the listed links you are accepting the risks of using the third party domain and taking responsibility for any losses, damage or other issues using said domain. Crypto-currencies are inherently risky and investors and users must remain vigilant.

concorde899

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:11:20 AM

That disclaimer was added after the scam happened to wash their hands. The web archive shows that the disclaimer was not there in the beginning.
More evidence are added every day.
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:58:38 AM

That disclaimer was added after the scam happened to wash their hands. The web archive shows that the disclaimer was not there in the beginning.
More evidence are added every day.

i dont want to protect them. i opened this topic because i saw the link on their website. and i wrote that everybody has to be carefull because i cant read the code.

i think we hve to go e few steps back. they once wanted to start an ICO for this coin. maybe they did not delete all the traces.
they just dont say anything about what happend. i think they want that the public dont know about the scaming.
concorde899

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:23:31 PM

Sure,it's bad for their reputation but this does not mean that those people were not scammed.
Some of them lost their lifesavings.
Zring

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:16:24 PM

Hi,
Please share ti!
Thanks

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPEyTdVX4AAJKCd.jpg:large
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print