Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:05:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electroneum (ETN): Petition for compensation because our ICO investment is held  (Read 258 times)
2bfree (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 07:38:53 PM

I have no problems with people mining Electroneum (ETN) and making money while our ICO wallets are locked up. But because we where not told that the platform was not tested and ensured to be 100% hacker proof, we should get some type of compensation in terms of extra 30% or 50% or something like that of the Electroneum (ETN) coins for holding our coins and funds locked up. We could have made other investments and now our funds are locked up and we can't use them.

What do you think would that be fair we are compensated? If so how much and in what form?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RuhannS

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:36:22 AM

I totally understand the frustration. Me and a couple of investment buddies are in the same boat as you are right now together with thousands of other people. As you rightfully say, people could have made other investments in the mean time (although short term). I also think many people invested in ETN to make a few good bucks before the Christmas season, and as time goes by, that seems more unrealistic. I am also disappointed in the fact that they are so-called "victims of their own success" - it might be a reason, but its difficult to swallow it as an excuse. We as investors want success, hell, we want GREAT SUCCESS, we don't want the succes to be in itself a hurdle.

I think it is going to be difficult (from ETN's side) to compensate investors like ourselves for not being able to access or spend our money. It would be great if they did it, but I strongly believe the "free ETN" period is over and giving more away at this stage of the game might have a negative influence on ETN in the long run.

That said, and everything considered, I do believe our money is safe and I think ETN is going to do well in the future.

Let's just see how well. Time will tell.
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:49:40 PM

My issue is not so much with the fact that the tokens haven’t been distributed as I believe every ico should take time to audit their numbers and systems before distributing the tokens.  My issue is that they allowed people to mine the tokens for free that did not participate in the ico.  The early mining is the easiest and all of these people have made easy money while the investors funds have been locked up. 

How it should have gone down is that from the beginning they should have represented that the tokens would be distributed several weeks after the ico and they definitely should not have let people mine before the ico tokens were released.

But what’s been done is done and any compensation would just further dilute all our investments.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: