Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] peatio.com the world's first 100 percent public owned bitcoin exchange  (Read 16272 times)
GGGGG

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:57:47 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 12:11:51 PM by GGGGG

So, it's 100% publicly owned ?
Because the shareholder own it ?
So how is it any different than any other exchange owned by its shareholders ?

Are there any existing bitcoin exchanges which have issued shares? I'm not aware of any myself, but please let me know if there are.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lixiaolai (OP)
a friend of time
VIP

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:13:19 PM

-The creators of the exchange will buy shares on the market like everybody else.

Quoted for later.

I think what @GGGGG said might a little bit misleading. Smiley sorry for that.

When the business plan releases, the IPO structure will be made clear.

100% public owned, doesn't have to mean 100% shares are available on IPO. The initial investor has to get some shares, and the rest shares will be sold through two stages, details of which will be release soon.

inblockchain.com
VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:15:55 PM

-The creators of the exchange will buy shares on the market like everybody else.

and where will the money go to? I mean who will get the money for the shares? When you buy something from someone there always has to be a paying and receiving party. At least in my book...
CryptoCat

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:18:43 PM

and where will the money go to? I mean who will get the money for the shares? When you buy something from someone there always has to be a paying and receiving party. At least in my book...

i think they have to pay the developers, servers, girls and stuff.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 12:24:28 PM

Are there any existing bitcoin exchanges which have issued shares? I'm not aware of any myself, but please let me know if there are.
There are, increase your awareness.

When the business plan releases, the IPO structure will be made clear.
I'd be tempted to say it's the other way around, "when the IPO structure is released your business plan will be clear". That'd be assuming dishonesty though, let's not go down this road now.

100% public owned, doesn't have to mean 100% shares are available on IPO. The initial investor has to get some shares, and the rest shares will be sold through two stages, details of which will be release soon.
Well then, it's not 100% public owned. Appears more and more misleading the more we start scratching the surface.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_capital and no, it's not a good question.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Just to pop in and say that I'm one of the investors here in the bitfund.pe fund, and have faith in lixiaolai.  Wink
He's somewhat a bitcoin leader in China.
lixiaolai (OP)
a friend of time
VIP

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:50:00 PM

Just to pop in and say that I'm one of the investors here in the bitfund.pe fund, and have faith in lixiaolai.  Wink

Thank you for support, John.

And criticisms from @davout is very interesting and helpful for me to rectify our business plan. I'm struggling to make it better. I sincerely invite davout contact me on gtalk: lixiaolai@gmail.com, I would be very grateful if davout offers more advices.

inblockchain.com
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:55:13 PM

Thank you for support, John.

And criticisms from @davout is very interesting and helpful for me to rectify our business plan. I'm struggling to make it better. I sincerely invite davout contact me on gtalk: lixiaolai@gmail.com, I would be very grateful if davout offers more advices.

You're welcome. Smiley

And yes, Daveout is someone really experienced and almost unparalleled with creating exchanges. I'm sure his criticisms will advance the project a lot, and help iron out the kinks in the overall implementation.
lixiaolai (OP)
a friend of time
VIP

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:57:52 PM

Well then, it's not 100% public owned. Appears more and more misleading the more we start scratching the surface.

You drove me to figure out a way, and I promise you that shares will be 100% available when IPO. Sincerely THANK YOU.

inblockchain.com
coinage

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:05:15 PM

http://peatio.com
  • Every country or area will have it's own subdomain, cn.peatio.com, kr.peatio.com, jp.peatio.com, us.peatio.com, etc. and should have its own 100% IPO, since local traders should own local exchange.

Please do not rely on .com or any domain likely to be seized by a government outside of the jurisdiction in which an exchange actually operates.  For instance, if you use peatio.com, you should expect to needlessly be part of a bulk domain seizure by the US government.  All of your subexchanges are likely to be pulled offline at some point.  The USG does not typically respect other countries' sovereignty where doing so would diminish its own.

Just as importantly, many of your prospective customers will worry that your exchange may go offline, which may send them elsewhere.

If you still prefer the marketability of .com, there is a workaround you may favor:  for anyone going to xy.peatio.com, immediately redirect them to a true .xy domain or to an offshore top-level domain you can trust ("xy.peatio.ok"), where .xy represents each country.

The redirections must be visible so that your customers will always know the true URL, so that when your .com is pulled, they know what to do.

The redirections should properly support https:// or they will encourage man-in-the-middle attacks.  (For that matter, anyone going to the http:// version of any of your sites should simply be told to try again with https://.  It is always insecure to passively redirect non-SSL to SSL connections.  Most sites violate this critical rule.)

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 02:08:36 PM

The USG does not typically respect other countries' sovereignty where doing so would diminish its own.
That's pretty much the definition of sovereignty.

Just as importantly, many of your prospective customers will worry that your exchange may go offline, which may send them elsewhere.
It's the first time I hear such a concern...

If you still prefer the marketability of .com, there is a workaround you may favor:  for anyone going to jp.peatio.com, immediately redirect them to a true .jp domain or preferably to an offshore top-level domain you can trust ("jp.peatio.ok"), and so on for the other countries.

The redirections must be visible so that your customers will always know the true URL, so that when your .com is pulled, they know what to do.

The redirections should properly support https:// or they will encourage man-in-the-middle attacks.  (For that matter, anyone going to the http:// version of any of your sites should simply be told to try again with https://.  It is always insecure to passively redirect non-SSL to SSL connections.  Most sites violate this critical rule.)
That would look dodgy as fuck and be counterproductive as hell.

coinage

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:34:59 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 02:57:43 PM by coinage

Actually, a convenient centralized domain being redirected to the country most appropriate to the customer is a common practice (when done transparently upon the first visit) for large multinationals.

The problem is really just that it seems unfamiliar because small companies start out the other way instead of planning to be international.

For an exchange planning to cover a number of countries in a "personalized" way as this one is, it doesn't need to seem dodgy.  The destination sites can prominently identify themselves with the .com name if so desired.

But it seems you may have been calling the warning about navigating to a non-SSL site dodgy.  What would you suggest?  Novices can easily be tricked into revealing passwords when they rely on an insecure http: site to redirect them to a secure one.

Also, sovereignty refers to a country's perceived right to exert control over its own territory.  Whereas .com was envisioned as a global domain.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 02:39:00 PM

Actually, a convenient centralized domain being redirected to the country most appropriate to the customer is a common practice (when done transparently upon the first visit) for large multinationals.

The problem is really just that it seems unfamiliar because small companies start out the other way instead of planning to be international.

For an exchange planning to cover a number of countries in a "personalized" way as this one is, it doesn't need to seem dodgy.  The destination sites can prominently identify themselves with the .com name if so desired.

Also, sovereignty refers to a country's perceived right to exert control over its own territory.  Whereas .com was envisioned as a global domain.

Let me be slightly more specific :

- jp.peatio.com -> jp.peatio.ok = DODGY
 - jp.peatio.com -> peatio.jp = PERFECTLY FINE, but it's usually the other way around

lixiaolai (OP)
a friend of time
VIP

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:17:23 PM

I just hate that .io domains are much too expensive...

inblockchain.com
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:21:54 PM

If 100$/year is too expensive for you, I strongly suggest you rethink your whole project.

ASICME.COM
Donator

Activity: 126

ASICME official account.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:22:58 PM

Great news.
lixiaolai (OP)
a friend of time
VIP

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:48:28 PM

If 100$/year is too expensive for you, I strongly suggest you rethink your whole project.

not too expensive for me, too expensive relatively. Smiley

inblockchain.com
Blue777

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:49:48 PM

Code:
watch you
lixiaolai (OP)
a friend of time
VIP

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:06:20 PM

Sad I found this on nic.io:
An applicant must be resident in the British Indian Ocean Territory.
...which means I'm not qualified...

inblockchain.com
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:34:21 PM

Sad I found this on nic.io:
An applicant must be resident in the British Indian Ocean Territory.
...which means I'm not qualified...

Code:
Registration restrictions	None for 2nd level registrations; 3rd level registrant must be resident of British Indian Ocean Territory

I'm sure you can register a .io domain without being in there.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: