Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:32:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] peatio.com the world's first 100 percent public owned bitcoin exchange  (Read 16274 times)
GGGGG

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:42:06 AM

So, it's 100% publicly owned ?
Because the shareholder own it ?
So how is it any different than any other exchange owned by its shareholders ?

Are there any existing bitcoin exchanges which have issued shares? I'm not aware of any myself, but please let me know if there are.

I know of two off hand.

Vircurex ( https://cryptostocks.com/securities/34 ) and Crypto-Trade ( https://btct.co/security/CRYPTO-TRADE ).   A little surprised you did not find them doing your market/competitor analysis, especially Vircurex as it has been around for awhile.

Thank you for answering my question. Smiley I did not realize that Vircurex was publicly traded.
hlhott

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:25:22 AM

Keep working OP and the team! We are waiting patiently~ Cheesy

Cheesy Grin
heropzy

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:01:07 PM

Can't wait
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 02:26:29 AM

Vircurex ( https://cryptostocks.com/securities/34 ) and Crypto-Trade ( https://btct.co/security/CRYPTO-TRADE ).   A little surprised you did not find them doing your market/competitor analysis, especially Vircurex as it has been around for awhile.

Vircurex's marketshare is incredibly low:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220412.msg2355726#msg2355726

Not exactly an endearing business model to investors. Peatio is going to be a revolution in exchanges.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
realdos

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:38:41 AM

Undecided any updates?

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:44:24 AM

Undecided any updates?
patient,patient and patient Grin Grin Grin
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:50:56 AM

Vircurex's marketshare is incredibly low:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220412.msg2355726#msg2355726

Not exactly an endearing business model to investors. Peatio is going to be a revolution in exchanges.

Irrelevant to them being public trade already though.  In addition vircurex mostly specializing in coin2coin trades,  what is being measured in the link you posted?  btc to fiat only?

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 07:58:01 AM

btc to fiat only?

BTC to fiat transactions are and always will be the most important in the ecosystem. The primary value of any exchange is how well it can facilitate these transactions and manage the legal, regulatory, technological and social aspects of fiat exchange. It's simply a monstrously difficult task, which is why so many exchanges have failed or haven't meet community expectations.

Also the other challenge is the nature of all the required partnerships a successful exchange must have. These include banks, law firms, regulatory agencies, other exchanges and businesses requiring liquidity in their business models. If a partner fails, it can cascade to the customers of an exchange causing delays or loss of funds. Then there is the issue of bad actors who use DDOS attacks alongside other tools to manipulate the markets to their own ends.

In short, entering this business isn't easy and it requires a thick skin as well as a tolerance for failure. Vircurex hasn't developed as nor is prepared to be a legitimate player in the crypto-currency to fiat market.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:36:14 AM

btc to fiat only?

BTC to fiat transactions are and always will be the most important in the ecosystem. The primary value of any exchange is how well it can facilitate these transactions and manage the legal, regulatory, technological and social aspects of fiat exchange. It's simply a monstrously difficult task, which is why so many exchanges have failed or haven't meet community expectations.

If enough places accept digital currencies directly this statement will be false.  It is a pretty bold statement. and probably myopic  to speak of 'always' as an absolute.   The primary value of a fiat to digital currency exchange is as you say.  You are of course by definition wrong for other types or other focused  exchanges.  In fact, it is partially due to this being a monstrous task that other types of exchanges are desirable when the overhead of those tasks is not desired.  Especially the absurd kyc requirements that have every tom dick and harry business keeping copies of IDs, and asking the same stupid verification questions.  So a break in to any of these leaks enough information to use your identfy elsewhere.    Think it is a coincidence we have a rise in identity theft with the rise in kyc laws?

Also the other challenge is the nature of all the required partnerships a successful exchange must have. These include banks, law firms, regulatory agencies, other exchanges and businesses requiring liquidity in their business models. If a partner fails, it can cascade to the customers of an exchange causing delays or loss of funds. Then there is the issue of bad actors who use DDOS attacks alongside other tools to manipulate the markets to their own ends.

You are making my points for me.   The high overhead and additional risks create a demand for other types of exchanges when you do not need to take on these risks.

In short, entering this business isn't easy and it requires a thick skin as well as a tolerance for failure. Vircurex hasn't developed as nor is prepared to be a legitimate player in the crypto-currency to fiat market.

I actually hope it stays that way.  I would prefer to see more exchanges that do not offer fiat as an option.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 04:42:32 PM

If enough places accept digital currencies directly this statement will be false.  It is a pretty bold statement. and probably myopic  to speak of 'always' as an absolute.

As long as nations require their citizens to pay taxes in fiat, then my statement will always be true. It doesn't matter how many goods or services can be purchased in Bitcoins, Litecoin, Feathercoin or other Crypto-currencies. If income is taxed and taxes are paid in fiat, then you will need to exchange your CC for fiat.

You are of course by definition wrong for other types or other focused  exchanges.  In fact, it is partially due to this being a monstrous task that other types of exchanges are desirable when the overhead of those tasks is not desired.  Especially the absurd kyc requirements that have every tom dick and harry business keeping copies of IDs, and asking the same stupid verification questions.  So a break in to any of these leaks enough information to use your identfy elsewhere.

Again my discussion and the crux of my statement involved fiat to CC exchanges. CC to CC exchange doesn't even require a central entity. In just a few years, all of these transactions can be done through a p2p network without the need for trust or escrow. In short, the business model you are advocating is obsolete and thus irrelevant to this conversation.

Think it is a coincidence we have a rise in identity theft with the rise in kyc laws?

This statement only serves to support my OP. I assert that exchanges have unique information security challenges and require enormous amounts of trust. Your point only serves to validate the core premise of Peatio that seeks to handle these issues in a more transparent and collaborative manner than they have been addressed by the incumbents.

You are making my points for me.   The high overhead and additional risks create a demand for other types of exchanges when you do not need to take on these risks.  

Does your government accept taxes in CC? If not, then you are simply wrong. If you receive payment for goods or services in a CC, then you must convert a percentage into fiat to pay your taxes unless your intention is to be a criminal. Even if you as an individual decide to embrace this lifestyle, businesses cannot.

I actually hope it stays that way.  I would prefer to see more exchanges that do not offer fiat as an option.

Again, you clearly do not understand that one does not require a centralized exchange for CC to CC transactions. The technology exists to accomplish these transactions in a completely trust and escrow free environment without any middleman. You are advocating a business model that would lead to financial ruin.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:08:52 PM

If enough places accept digital currencies directly this statement will be false.  It is a pretty bold statement. and probably myopic  to speak of 'always' as an absolute.

As long as nations require their citizens to pay taxes in fiat, then my statement will always be true. It doesn't matter how many goods or services can be purchased in Bitcoins, Litecoin, Feathercoin or other Crypto-currencies. If income is taxed and taxes are paid in fiat, then you will need to exchange your CC for fiat.

It seems that at this moment  compeletely solving the cc to fiat instant change problem is more imperative. Grin Grin Grin
fineccis

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:49:52 AM

Any update?
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:50:18 PM

Any update?

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
lixiaolai (OP)
a friend of time
VIP

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:17:20 PM

our dev's are woking now. it'll be very simple version of alpha soon.

inblockchain.com

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:38:30 AM

expecting Grin Grin Grin
heropzy

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:16:44 AM

I have noticed that the more we ask for 'any update' the more exciting news we will get Grin Grin Grin

So, any update today? Smiley Wink
echopisces

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:20:25 AM

good!!! Shocked

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:51:36 AM

I have noticed that the more we ask for 'any update' the more exciting news we will get Grin Grin Grin

So, any update today? Smiley Wink

zhe,,,,,, Grin Grin Grin
bitkapp

Activity: 517
Merit: 500

aka alaniz

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:50:48 PM

watching

zhangxiongfei

Activity: 41