Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:45:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTG Released software - Still no mining btg.suprnova down pool.gold mining test  (Read 278 times)
bitfools (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:40:39 PM

Not much has changed

"Launch" time came and went an hour ago, but nothing really changed,

btg.suprnova.cc stopped the testnet and is waiting for the blockchain to download, may take 4-5 days,

pool.gold is still running 'testnet' with no plans of running main-net, why should they? For 3+ weeks they have been redirection Millions of sol's / sec of equihash mining to other pools, as idiots run their 'testnet'.

Source has many problems, there are no seed nodes in chainparams.cpp, this is bad, it means that they  really don't want people other than insiders to build a block chain.

In my own personal use, I have been downloading the block chain for a week now as I patched the source some 3-4 weeks ago to run in mainnet, I have 50mbs fiber and over a week, I'm now only at 95% on the blockchain download.

It's slow as all the bitcoin blocks must be converted and modified, and reformatted, its like just a few blocks per second, once you get past 100,000

The limitation seems to be nodes, its going to take a awhile before this thing is running, it appears that pool.gold has too much of a good thing, why shut down testnet? Let it run

Btg.Suprnova.cc did the right thing, the launch came&went time to run main-net, if it doesn't work, then suprnova.cc is NOT going to let its customers waste their hash on bullshit.

Nothing is working, as always the klusterfuck known as bTG continues

I wrote tested the solo miners some 4 weeks ago, just waiting for a real block-chain, as you all know, until the blockchain is 100% I can't do a 'getblocktemplate' which means no solo mining

Not sure how long it will take suprnova.cc to get a blockchain, the problem isn't bandwidth or cpu power, its lack of seed nodes, and most nodes restrict

Very few people actually download the github.com/btcgpu core software and run it, this is a big problem, majority of people just pool mine, or masturbate as day traders; Software people are very few Sad
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:42:01 PM

This is expected from such an amateur team. All the signs and delays were pointing towards this launch.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: