Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:56:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracing BTCs  (Read 489 times)
Speed-Dating (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 09:16:05 PM

What would be the most up to date trick to make a traceback impossible, considering with the current state of technology?
Maybe convert BTCs into several different currencies and wash them through several pools and later on converting them back?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:22:27 PM

What would be the most up to date trick to make a traceback impossible, considering with the current state of technology?
Maybe convert BTCs into several different currencies and wash them through several pools and later on converting them back?

You'd probably want to start by going:
1. mixer, separating the outputs into multiple places and released at different times from the mixer so that it doesn't look like its you. Using throwaway wallets might be helpful as well.
2. then send the coins to an exchange and convert to another high volume altcoin (if you're using TOR and aren't using an email addess that can be linked back to you then I'd say go with using an exchange first but a mixer might be a better place to look to get the first bit of anonymity).
3. Get another delay.
4. Convert the coins back to bitcoin and send them to your wallet.

You'll have to pick an altcoin with a fairly stable price in comparison to bitcoin such as Litecoin.
Jahreer

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:35:27 PM

bitcoin mixers are not so truthworsty and kinda suspicious:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/technology/internets-largest-bitcoin-mixer-shuts-down-realizing-bitcoin-is-not-anonymous/

how about Zcash? - it is based on zero-knowledge proof protocol and is told to be mathematically anonymous by itself!
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:42:28 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 08:22:20 PM by jackg

bitcoin mixers are not so truthworsty and kinda suspicious:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/technology/internets-largest-bitcoin-mixer-shuts-down-realizing-bitcoin-is-not-anonymous/

how about Zcash? - it is based on zero-knowledge proof protocol and is told to be mathematically anonymous by itself!

That's just the opinion of one person (the owner of bitmixer.io). Granted, if you can find a better way around not using them, I'd suggest you go for that other way instead.

If Zcash is one of those coins that have it so that the output is spent from a hash of the input address that it is difficult to fin the input address but you can find the input transaction then that might be a good thing to convert to. I'd suggest trying a service like shapeshift.io once you get the bitcoins as you can use that anonymously (with tor) and they're quite reliable (for when I've used them anyway) - the rate is not as favourable but it is instant and requires no account to be created. (Though I'm not sure that Zcash is accepted there)
slate_main

Activity: 105
Merit: 11

BYTZ

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:31:02 PM

After all the exchange and mixer has been transitioned, make a NEW wallet address to send the coin back too, not the original address where the coins came from  Grin
Jahreer

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:27:15 PM

That's just the opinion of one person (the owner of bitmixer.io). Granted, if you can find a better way around not using them, I'd suggest you go for that other way instead.

If Zcash is one of those coins that have it so that the output is spent from a hash of the input address that it is difficult to fin the input address but you can find the input transaction then that might be a good thing to convert to. I'd suggest trying a service like shapeshift.io once you get the bitcoins as you can use that anonymously (with tor) and they're quite reliable (for when I've used them anyway) - the rate is not as favourable but it is instant and requires no account to be created. (Though I'm not sure that Zcash is accepted there)

so what if  Shocked one of that bitcoin mixers is getting busted for money laundering or other rightfull reason... (we've seen that many times with the marketplaces, TOR is not the panacea until there is a human factor). aren't all associated wallets getting compromissed then?

also, http://zerocash-project.org/how_zerocash_works
BitNoLimit

Activity: 55
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:04:52 AM

bitcoin mixing still possible !
with mixing with new mined coins
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:09:37 PM

so what if  Shocked one of that bitcoin mixers is getting busted for money laundering or other rightfull reason... (we've seen that many times with the marketplaces, TOR is not the panacea until there is a human factor). aren't all associated wallets getting compromissed then?

also, http://zerocash-project.org/how_zerocash_works

It would be pretty difficult to get the identity of a mixing service if it goes through tor and/or cloudflare, not impossible but difficult nonetheless. Also many countries consider it to be in ethical to do money laundering and not illegal. Also, mixers are mainly for anonymizing coins in the same way as cash does. 

With tor, it is advisable that you use some sort of paid for von and is hosted in a country where the government will never demand logs of the information transmitted. I think most operating systems have an option to use multiple vpns at the same time as well, before you even enter tor.

Also, tor isn't that secure really as a full route of your packets can be detected by your computer so it will be known to the other nodes as well (and SSL isn't that great as it's normally only 256bits and given every website includes things in HTML like <body> <head>... it's easy to crack if you have all of the packets).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: