Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:13:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Project "Bitcoin No Noise"  (Read 6901 times)
lexxus

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:25:15 PM

Take a look at http://www.discourse.org/
May be you can fork them instead of doing yet another same forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:28:09 PM

Time for project "If you don't like it, then GTFO Matthew".

Indeed. Nothing wrong with starting something else. Quite the opposite , competition and having alternatives is a good thing: go for it!

Just don't start new things coming from negative emotions (and communicating them) since people will feel less inclined to work with you. Start something from positive emotions by listing all the new things you want to do instead of attacking these forums.

The way you worded it now (and have articulated yourself in the past few days) I can only agree with Blitz ....

I agree with you and have thought about that while typing what I said. Bitcoin itself is supposedly a "replacement" of fiat, and it is very hard for bitcoiners to not be emotional when talking about using bitcoin over fiat. There are very few people in this community who can say "I use bitcoin just because it's neat and have no interest in shaking things up". In fact, we have public psuedo-leaders (and false prophet cultists) constantly plastering the news with their libertarian aqendas to "dissolve the governments of the world by first using bitcoin" etc. I in fact argue that that is the wrong way to go too, so I commend you for reminding me of how it sounds listening to someone overly passionate.

Be that as it may, this is better for everyone. The inspiration comes from disgust of the current system, but the results will come from a love for freedom and integrity.

I am guilty of that myself. There are two reasons I like Bitcoin, the system itself (economically, mathematically and because of the computer science aspects), but at the same time I really hate the system it will replace. Everyone is a bit of a hypocrite Wink
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:29:07 PM

Take a look at http://www.discourse.org/
May be you can fork them instead of doing yet another same forum.

Thank you, I just checked them out and although there were some really good features, it has moderation embedded at the core and thus contradicts with the intention of this project so I'll see what I can borrow if anything! Cheers

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:31:24 PM

Matt, you're getting dangerously close to Atlas-speak again. You should go do some breathing exercises or scream at the forest or take a nice relaxing juniper berry bath or something.

Someone privately told me "Settle down or Theymos 'gonna ban ya!". Yea, it's true I don't always understand how I come across (I'm a ball of energy and am able to have an equal amount of fun alone as with others) but I do not think my intentions here are flawed.

fake edit: Can you drink the Juniper Berry Bath when you're done?

wdmw

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:35:04 PM

WARNING: Please rewiew and be aware of this user's previous scamming history before sending it any bitcoins/time/money.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:36:18 PM

Theoretically, if it's only made from the berries, yes. Except if you've got kidney problems. Wouldn't recommend it then.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 02:41:06 PM

Theoretically, if it's only made from the berries, yes. Except if you've got kidney problems. Wouldn't recommend it then.

I wouldn't recommend it even if you don't.

Still around.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:43:32 PM

Meh, juniper berry tea and/or syrup is an old timey cure for acute bronchitis and bacterially induced digestion problems.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:46:23 PM

I think bitcointalk.org is the absolute worst place to talk about Bitcoin, except for all the other places.

There's something about this place that keeps it relevant in spite of its warts, and I'm not sure that whatever it is would move to a new forum. It's been tried before.

The thing you are looking for is "the network effect". This community thrives because this is where the people are. I tried to use some other forums in the past, but since there were few other users it quickly devolved into interesting links back to this forum.

I am not sure having a standalone application is the best way to go. I find it convenient that I can log into the forum from any computer. Having to install software is a big turn-off for many of the less-technically inclined.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
allbiznessman

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

SudoSuRootDev... AKA... AllBiznessMan

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 02:47:19 PM

Exactly which shows how much MNW (I like the name never right, hehehe) knows.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:49:19 PM

The thing you are looking for is "the network effect".
Yep. It will come, and it will happen without any advertising at all as the corruption and hypocrisy here continues to grow.

I am not sure having a standalone application

No one said anything about a stand alone client application. The application on the *server* is intended to be a stand alone application in that it doesn't need a bunch of plugins installed or even an httpd server.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:53:29 PM

Let's keep this thread on topic.... don't want to have to come back and delete more completely off-topic stuff.
greotanov

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 02:55:33 PM

Why is this in bitcoin discussion? It should be moved to offtopic, it's about a forum!
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:58:58 PM

Why is this in bitcoin discussion? It should be moved to offtopic, it's about a forum!

+1 Or at least put it over in "project developement", but it definitely should be out of "general bitcoin"

I am not sure having a standalone application

No one said anything about a stand alone client application. The application on the *server* is intended to be a stand alone application in that it doesn't need a bunch of plugins installed or even an httpd server.

Oh, I guess that was not clearly laid out in the OP. So you will still access this through a web browser?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:59:57 PM

No, it's about innovation and taking the noise down.

General discussion about the Bitcoin ecosystem that doesn't fit better elsewhere. News, the Bitcoin community, innovations, the general environment, etc. Discussion of specific Bitcoin-related services usually belongs in other sections.

This is not a bitcoin related service, it is a discussion of solving the noise and integrity issues in bitcoin discussion.

Oh, I guess that was not clearly laid out in the OP. So you will still access this through a web browser?

Yessir, there is no need for browser plugins (although some features will be enabled through such) but the gist would be that on the server side, it would be more fast and secure and allow for encryption that this current forum just can't support. (I updated the spreadsheet to make that more clear! Thanks for bringing that up.)

nocompare

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:05:24 PM

Then that's meta.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 03:05:58 PM

Meh, juniper berry tea and/or syrup is an old timey cure for acute bronchitis and bacterially induced digestion problems.

Maybe, but after someone has bathed in it, I think it would lose its appeal.

Back on topic:

Matthew, a competitive forum that approaches the issues this one has in a new way is a great idea. I pledge to keep an open mind and offer my constructive criticism whenever possible. I'll probably even throw a bitcoin or two into the mix.

I've registered and attempted to participate in many of the other, more reputable, bitcoin oriented forums and I think the reason none of them got off the ground is because they didn't offer anything new other than a "Let's really, really try to keep the noise down here!" attitude. If you can provide a truly unique place to discuss Bitcoin and its related topics it should fare better than those.

Honestly, though, I don't envision it replacing bitcointalk.org any time in the near future simply because so many movers and shakers of the bitcoin world use it as their sounding board, testing ground, etc. Even if your project becomes everything you hope for, I'll probably still post here at least as much as there, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Good luck.

Still around.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:09:47 PM

Then that's meta.

No it's not because we're not talking about improving *this forum* which is what Meta is strictly about.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:11:34 PM

Even if your project becomes everything you hope for, I'll probably still post here at least as much as there, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Thank you for the words of support and enthusiasm, I understand the scale of the undertaking and how it looks to the outside world ("He's crazy!") but it's genuine and I'm not giving up just because the rich boys club of Bitcoin doesn't put a foundation seal on it. As for posting here, I don't know about you, but I'd have no reason to ever post here again.

svbeon

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:12:35 PM

Then that's meta.

No it's not because we're not talking about improving *this forum* which is what Meta is strictly about.
So it is off topic. I have no interest in this, I want to hear about bitcoin, not a scammer's scam forum.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: