Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to complete a bitcoin transfer from 2013?  (Read 152 times)
Treeclimbman (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:01:56 PM

In the autumn of 2013 I downloaded a bitcoin wallet (Bitcoin QT v0.8.5-beta) to my laptop and buyed a half bitcoin. The wifi I then used was not fast, and I then gave up after some hours of downloading.

I opened the same wallet now, and I see I had downloaded about 1/15 of the blockchain (222 weeks behind). I read some place that the blockchain now is about 1 TB big, and I have only 724 GB free space on my harddisk on my laptop.

Today I had the downloading going for about 2 hours, but it is standing still at 222 weeks behind, and there is a message in my wallet that says: URGENT: Alert key compromised, upgrade required

So I now need advice for how I can fix this in the simplest possible way for a newbie like me  Smiley and hopefully not loose my money  Grin.

I did not find a update link in my wallet, so have I then to go to the site of Bitcoin Core (formerly Bitcoin-Qt) and download their new wallet?, or are another wallet more suitable for me in this situation?

And what to do with the space-limit on my harddrive? I am willing to buy a big external harddrive, or should  I buy a new and bigger computer?

Have I now lost the possibility to get my Bitcoin Cash, that was splitted from Bitcoin, because I did not catch in my Bitcoin before the splitting Undecided?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: