Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:13:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changelly isn't working  (Read 511 times)
BlackDingo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:53:01 PM

High risk of your funds being locked up by changelly at this time.  Sent them 0.21174976 BTC at 9:43am on 12th November (yesterday AUS time) rate of 4.393 BCC to BTC at the time. Changelly received my BTC and the exchange icon was going for over 9 hours before I went to bed (haven't received an email repsonse from Changelly for 2 queries sent to support).  Woke up this morning and it says the transaction failed because they can't process too little or too much BTC, send the exact amount.  This has never been a problem before and is hard work for the customer when they are emptying an entire BTC account because I don't know the mining fees taken until an address is put into my outgoing and can't put an address until it's provided by Changelly after providing them an amount to exchange!  Now they have my BTC and I can't change it through another provider, meanwhile the exchange rate continues to drop which also leaves the customer out of pocket!  What happened to the "transfer to wallets in seconds https://changelly.com/ " and "instant exchange" claims you are making changelly?  And when are you going to make sure I get my funds without gouging them with more fees for a transaction which your system failed to honour?

Not an instant exchange at all  https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedium.com%2F%40Changelly%2Fchangelly-affiliate-program-referral-link-6706e384926e&h=ATOxsxiWwY7jcao560Fi52_khjLkQe7_beoK2kLTe4bLtbVS7zOjCr6oxQT6_h2oBoWTu8McfPKxd7Csm4BR4X3lomL1z4-Z_vqEhW83rbqP_eAykbdOsojBuBtVkf1ulw0JB-W2NZ5BGLfxYWp3rh4rYXIk2Z9KNxarbXlxNBH2JU0nSJjWpkY2R5e4L-o_SC6uGVA9_booBev524PFDzDpbx-5JDY7tdG2xnjUDoyvTZ5Szsc0iVJIJeFCHOmU4jK2hwNNeiHQ_qpS_RhHSzfO7xC1gtHNn3jHMtgZ

Just a way to get your funds locked up when liquidity is critical.  Anyone else having such a problem at the moment?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:28:07 AM

I don't think this is directly a result of them trying to scam anyone. I believe what actually happened was that the extremely high trading volumes yesterday were too much for them to handle. I tried to use ShapeShift yesterday to convert my Bitcoin Cash into Bitcoin and it took a while. At some point they disabled Bitcoin transactions completely, which I assumed was also because of the trading volumes. When I resorted to Changelly, I created an account and tried to initiate a conversion from BCC to BTC, but the website itself was extremely slow, and when I finally did get to the point where I chose what kind of conversion I wanted to make, the button labelled "Next" did not actually do anything. On my side, I was not even able to deposit anything into Changelly, which leads me to believe that the real problem at hand in this case was the sheer amount of demand at the time, which is understandable given the pump and dump happening with Bitcoin Cash.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
BlackDingo (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:34:01 AM

True btcton,
Changelly have finally been in touch and offered to either refund the transaction or exchange it at the current rate which is actually higher now.  Absolutely can't complain about that, hopefully they'll be upgrading systems to handle this kind of demand when it happens next.  Hadn't considered them to be trying a scam as used before without any issues whatsoever - just get's a bit stressfull when you're funds are suddenly locked up and there's nothing you can do about it.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:45:02 PM

There is a massive backlog in the mempool. Some exchanges like Gemini have even paused withdrawals because they say there's no point doing anything now unless you want to pay huge miner fees.

Bitcoin isn't usable at the moment, and I'd recommend keeping some other coins at hand in case you want to spend and need to send money quickly and cheaply.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
servsec

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:43:28 PM

Use bittrex.com to can get more coins! I used before changelly/freewallet but there are very high fees!
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:45:25 AM

High risk of your funds being locked up by changelly at this time.  Sent them 0.21174976 BTC at 9:43am on 12th November (yesterday AUS time) rate of 4.393 BCC to BTC at the time. Changelly received my BTC and the exchange icon was going for over 9 hours before I went to bed (haven't received an email repsonse from Changelly for 2 queries sent to support).  Woke up this morning and it says the transaction failed because they can't process too little or too much BTC, send the exact amount.  This has never been a problem before and is hard work for the customer when they are emptying an entire BTC account because I don't know the mining fees taken until an address is put into my outgoing and can't put an address until it's provided by Changelly after providing them an amount to exchange!  Now they have my BTC and I can't change it through another provider, meanwhile the exchange rate continues to drop which also leaves the customer out of pocket!  What happened to the "transfer to wallets in seconds https://changelly.com/ " and "instant exchange" claims you are making changelly?  And when are you going to make sure I get my funds without gouging them with more fees for a transaction which your system failed to honour?

Not an instant exchange at all  https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedium.com%2F%40Changelly%2Fchangelly-affiliate-program-referral-link-6706e384926e&h=ATOxsxiWwY7jcao560Fi52_khjLkQe7_beoK2kLTe4bLtbVS7zOjCr6oxQT6_h2oBoWTu8McfPKxd7Csm4BR4X3lomL1z4-Z_vqEhW83rbqP_eAykbdOsojBuBtVkf1ulw0JB-W2NZ5BGLfxYWp3rh4rYXIk2Z9KNxarbXlxNBH2JU0nSJjWpkY2R5e4L-o_SC6uGVA9_booBev524PFDzDpbx-5JDY7tdG2xnjUDoyvTZ5Szsc0iVJIJeFCHOmU4jK2hwNNeiHQ_qpS_RhHSzfO7xC1gtHNn3jHMtgZ

Just a way to get your funds locked up when liquidity is critical.  Anyone else having such a problem at the moment?

Changelly has had these issues before, with people buying altcoins or selling them but the transaction does not go through and the whole thing is cancelled by changelly. Extremely shady behaviour since it seems to happen most times when the exchange rate of the altcoin rises.

However, what exactly did they claim you do wrong? Did you send the wrong amount of btc? Did you send with too little transaction fees? I sorta can't wrap my head around the situaiton here.

And as you said, BCH/BTC exchanges were obviously going to be delayed since the high volume. If you wanted actual instance exchanges, probably should have kept your BTC on an exchange at such a volatile time.

Smiley
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:30:01 PM

True btcton,
Changelly have finally been in touch and offered to either refund the transaction or exchange it at the current rate which is actually higher now.  Absolutely can't complain about that, hopefully they'll be upgrading systems to handle this kind of demand when it happens next.  Hadn't considered them to be trying a scam as used before without any issues whatsoever - just get's a bit stressfull when you're funds are suddenly locked up and there's nothing you can do about it.

I completely agree. I was not too affected by the downtime of both exchanges because I did not have that much Bitcoin Cash left to begin with, but because the first transaction I tried through ShapeShift took so long and eventually got stuck in limbo, I decided to give Changelly a try instead for the rest. When I noticed that they weren't responsive either I assumed it must have been an issue with the network; or in this case, the mempool being completely saturated. At the end of the day, my few trades on ShapeShift went through, so there is nothing I can really complain about.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: