Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ledger Blue coin native support - How many at ones?  (Read 560 times)
CrownClit (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:14:28 AM

Ledger website says that Blue version supports 13 coins natively. What does "natively" exactly mean?  I have tried to installed BTC,LTC,ETH,XRP, ZCHASH and when installing an additional wallet  I had a message that I cannot install any more “native wallets”. Looks like I have to remove one to install a new one (then it works) That really sucks.  If I have, some BTC coins already in the wallet and then I remove it to make a space for another one. Do I lose those coins? Is all BTC data wiped out?  What happens if I remove other wallet and reinstall BTC? Would I my coins be still showing up?

Some inside view on this would be appreciated.

Regards:

CC
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 01:40:54 PM

You don't have to worry about your coins. You only can have 5 Apps installed at the same time.
But if you wan't to use another wallet at a given time you can just deinstall an app and install the one you wish.
Your seed stays the same. Therefore your coins also will remain "on your device". It doesn't matter if the app is on your device currently.
You can always just deinstall some apps and reinstall them later and your coins will still be there.
All you need is basically your 12/18/24 word seed. Your device generates addresses for every coin out from this seed.
As long as you keep it in a safe place, you will always have the ability to access your funds.

Utomo

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:26:06 AM

Limited 5 coins is too little.

Nano only have 4 and Blue only 5.
At least we need more than 10.

I think Trezor T will have more as they have SDcard
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 10:15:13 AM

Nano only have 4 and Blue only 5.
At least we need more than 10.

Actually both can store between 4 and 6 application at the same time.
The nano s has 320 kb - the ledger blue 480 kb.
The main idea behind this small storage is to limit the amound of code 'which could be injected'. Its a security 'feature'.
As far as i know the ledger team is working on an app handling all currencies. But didn't found anything regarding this on their roadmap.

Rafassdotcom

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:33:10 AM

[...] If I have, some BTC coins already in the wallet and then I remove it to make a space for another one. Do I lose those coins? Is all BTC data wiped out?  What happens if I remove other wallet and reinstall BTC? Would I my coins be still showing up? [...]
You don't loose anything. you can delete all the apps and reinstall them anytime without lose nothing. your coins will be always there. the most important of the wallet is keep safe the seed.

[...]
As far as i know the ledger team is working on an app handling all currencies. [...]
That would be the perfect system. only 1 app that handle all the coins. something like exodus.io
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: