Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Almost a $15 fee for a $29 transaction!  (Read 561 times)
kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:34:10 AM

sadly that disproved the whole idea of bitcoin being decentralized some bunch of miners controlling bitcoin which will affect badly on the crypto world any i wont assume the worst i hope they turn to a solution way soon
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:38:44 AM

I realize why the fees are currently so high, but curious as to what sort of transaction with this high of a fee would normally be covering? .1BTC, or more?

For those not wanting to look below, its a .005BTC transaction with a fee of .00224835BTC

https://imgur.com/3Ywi4EM

Why so big fee?? Is it because the price of bitcoin?
If transaction fee getting bigger, might be bitcoin will not exist anymore.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:18:51 AM

I realize why the fees are currently so high, but curious as to what sort of transaction with this high of a fee would normally be covering? .1BTC, or more?

For those not wanting to look below, its a .005BTC transaction with a fee of .00224835BTC

https://imgur.com/3Ywi4EM

this is a function of the state of the network, not the congestion (but the congestion is adding to the problem). you could pay a 100 usd equivalent fee right now; while you will be first in line when a block is mined, its the interval of block mining thats the issue right now.

i can only suggest, if you are coming from or to an exchange, that you utilize alternate coins (look for ones with low withdrawal/transaction fees ). its not really practical to try and pay for any btc products or services on an automated payment portal; chances are your temporary address will expire before you get your initial confirmation. if you have to brave the network (coming out of a wallet for example) expect 6-12 hours minimum at standard fee levels  Undecided
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:19:54 AM

Men that is a messed up situation just for sending a few bucks the required fee to confirm it is almost 50% and that is really sucks because of what's happening between BCH and BTC as some people moving a large volume of their coins into BCH probably thousands of it added the price crash and the FUD that is spreading to the community, we better to keep our btc this coming days after this event is settled down because i don't want to waste my money just by a one transaction and just confirmed late hours.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: