Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:48:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ABANDONED  (Read 898 times)
harningt (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:48:28 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2022, 07:16:43 PM by harningt

ABANDONED
ct1aic

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 07:20:11 AM

Is there any interest in a native Android client?

I want to bring alive the Android client with the same impressive experience that the desktop version has. I have 6 years professional experience in software/hardware cryptography & security, much of that mixing C, Lua, and Java systems together cooperatively. Recently I've done some Android development, so it is not a foreign concept.

Since my free time is at an extreme premium, I intend to start a bitcoinstarter kickstarter to make it "non-free" time and give people the opportunity to have a vested interest in the project. It would also help make me accountable, since there is a "paying customer" and known user base, unlike other side projects I've been involved in.

I intend on bringing some of the plugin / advanced features from the desktop client, including:
  • Labels
  • Label sync
  • QR code scanning / generation
  • Import of wallet.dat files from Electrum client (client may or may not use this format, likely SQLite based for Android speed)
  • Multiple wallets
  • Expert mode operations (freeze, priority, ...)
  • Proxy support

For the kickstarter, I intend on producing various work items to let backers know what to expect:
  • a documented work plan
  • user interface mockups
I will end up releasing this as open-source (MIT licensed for simplicity), however as an incentive to some donators, there will be "rewards" that will provide early-release builds + source code.

Some advanced features, like label syncing are "likely" to be implemented, however if a certain amount is reached above the goal level, it will guarantee such a feature is put in the roadmap.

I also strongly suggest that the community helps form this by providing feature requests, and I'll see what I can do about them.

Thoughts?

Also - should I call it "Electrum" or would there be a more appropriate name? I don't want to stomp on the chosen name, but I do want it easy to associate due to the fact that they will be running off the same servers and have the same general workflow / backup usability. Perhaps "Aurodium" - a "Star Wars" 'Outer Rim' currency metal... (Electrum is a metal used in Star Wars as well)... and both used in "Lightsabers" - which all know is a good protector of personal wealth Wink

I intend on having a "bitcoinstarter" link up soon.

I like the idea and I like the Electrum name. Good luck.

I propose another feature: Import wallet private keys.

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:23:20 AM

A unique feature would be the ability to add 'watch only' addresses.  The watch addresses would add to a seperate portfolio btc total but wouldn't be spendable.

I like having a small percentage of btc available on my phone, but would also like the remainder shown so that I know my current balance with USD exchange value.

Thanks!
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 09:45:21 AM

Your project is welcome, and you can definitely use the name "Electrum"!

I would love to see an Android native version of Electrum, and I don't think that someone else is developing one at the moment;
a Kivy-based gui of Electrum is currently being developped by atweiden, but this is a python project, which is based on the Electrum codebase, so it requires less work than a complete rewrite.

Note that there are important changes planned in the architecture of the Electrum client/wallet (eg bip 32), so you better get in touch with me and other developers on IRC, in order to prevent incompatibilities.

(please note that I will not be highly available until July 1st)

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 02:31:03 PM

Here is the link for the BitcoinStarter - https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/104?partner=18iYNgqvavpnuEkvrgS34jCctjWgTVE4Yi

The 'partner' part of the link is to denote that I'm the advertiser for the BitcoinStarter rather than assign it to the BitcoinStarter owner.

I am pledging 2 BTC from the Electrum donations wallet.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: