Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:35:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create wallet through PHP code?  (Read 642 times)
ptahiliani (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:45:34 AM

I am trying to create a wallet for bitcoin using PHP. Can anyone let me know the steps to create wallet using PHP Code?
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:49:06 AM

Here's what i know. you have to create a script to interface with bitcoind via json. its pretty complex especially if you aren't a programmer

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ptahiliani (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:58:34 AM

Here's what i know. you have to create a script to interface with bitcoind via json. its pretty complex especially if you aren't a programmer
Thanks for your reply. Is there any sample code available for this OR from where I can get some information on bitcoind via json?
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:59:30 AM

What are you trying to do?

I would be very cautious about having private keys on a web server.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
ptahiliani (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:02:46 AM

What are you trying to do?

I would be very cautious about having private keys on a web server.

I am trying to create a website in PHP like http://www.coinbase.com where user can buy or sell bitcoins. So very first step in this is to allow users to create wallet.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:03:06 AM

Thanks for your reply. Is there any sample code available for this OR from where I can get some information on bitcoind via json?

no there is not. you would have to hire someone to either teach you or do it for you. i say that because i can't imagine anyone helping you build a wallet client for free. i might help you but a) i'm not willing to take on the amount of responsibility involved with such a venture b) im far to inexperienced to be embarking on such a venture without a lead programmer monitoring my involvement.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:05:40 AM

Well good luck, we need more exchanges, I wish you the best.

EDIT-

What many of those sites seem to do is have a shared community wallet and the database takes care of who owns how many.
I'm not sure I personally like that concept but it has the nice side effect of mixing transactions if you leave your coins there long enough.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
DrGregMulhauser

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:54:00 PM

I am trying to create a wallet for bitcoin using PHP. Can anyone let me know the steps to create wallet using PHP Code?

If you first get the canonical Bitcoin daemon running, you can then interact with it via PHP. The main Bitcoin wiki includes a page specifically for PHP developers here:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/PHP_developer_intro

No need to reinvent the wheel.  Wink

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: