Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I believe panic selling on Mt. Gox will ensue within 2 weeks  (Read 5230 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:51:52 AM

Can't you just stop posting if you have nothing serious to contribute? You're not speculating, you're just trolling.

You must be new. You're going to have a bad time here if you don't assume 90% of the forum members are trollish fucktards like our mentally challenged Coinseeker friend.

Would be nice, in addition to the ignore button being darkened (like Coinseeker), if it also kept track of the number of ignores.
I bet he's #1 on here. Every so often he spews some truth though. That is why I have yet to ignore anyone - there is always a chance of "the truth in the false".

Regarding the thread title, I do think MtGox is going to continue to see an exodus of customers. The healthiest thing is for us to have many medium sized exchanges,
sharing the load. Gox really helped the last big crash to happen and now just started another downward movement. BTC was going against resistance anyway,
but the timing of GOX, as well as the reason, is a bit suspicious. I think the easiest way to manipulate BTC, outside of just having lots of money, is to be an exchange.

I don't know that we crash in the next two weeks, but I would not be shocked to see prices in the $60-$80 range, before going even lower...
(More importantly, I don't think it will be from what happened on Gox, but I do think that will hasten or trigger things.)

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:04:36 PM

It looks like the OP means panic buying, but that whole idea got shot down,... a measly $5 rise in exchange rate followed by a drop back to the starting point. Looks like there is absolutely no bullishness left in the market.

To me this looks like the trigger for a price drop but not a quick one. I think slowly the ability to sustain these high prices will drop, and the price will go with it. Somewhere down the line [98?] maybe some panic and a quick drop, but I cant see hitting $60 in 2 weeks.

If we do, though, I cant see it stopping there - too many people are used to small sell offs, but if something like $70 gets touched, then I think even they will panic.
chufchuf

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:22:46 PM

It looks like the OP means panic buying, but that whole idea got shot down,... a measly $5 rise in exchange rate followed by a drop back to the starting point. Looks like there is absolutely no bullishness left in the market.

To me this looks like the trigger for a price drop but not a quick one. I think slowly the ability to sustain these high prices will drop, and the price will go with it. Somewhere down the line [98?] maybe some panic and a quick drop, but I cant see hitting $60 in 2 weeks.

If we do, though, I cant see it stopping there - too many people are used to small sell offs, but if something like $70 gets touched, then I think even they will panic.

Given you've only been around a month, these prices are pretty cheap for you.

1bn is peanuts for something that's better than gold- this isn't the 20th century, we're in for decades of uncertainty in the market probably due to energy crisis
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:31:59 PM

Given you've only been around a month, these prices are pretty cheap for you.

1bn is peanuts for something that's better than gold- this isn't the 20th century, we're in for decades of uncertainty in the market probably due to energy crisis

I've been actively involved with trading bitcoin since late 2012 but have been aware of it since the 2011 bubble, so the prices really arent cheap to me, but I'm still no expert as I'm sure you're well aware of.

Not too interested in getting into the debate over what bitcoin is "really worth", and for trading, you have to look at what people are thinking here and now. If its so clearly worth 15k then no one would be selling. The bitcoin economy could probably run on a $1:BTC1 exchange rate given that hoarding wasnt a problem. 
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 10:13:47 AM

I still have $0.52859 in my account, any way to get that out?

Can't buy less then .01 BTC, and im sure a bank transfer would cost more than what it's worth, any ideas?

And yes i am serious, its only $0.52859 but it's my $0.52859

ask them to become a Ripple gateway.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:34:47 AM

Quote from: MtGox
7) The new trading engine is finished, is smokin’ fast, and is currently undergoing bench tests. We’re looking forward to deploying it very soon.

If this is true and if they're actually made an efficient (by real world criteria) trading engine this is the best news I have heard in months.

I tend not to trust MtGox much, it's just that I trust every other exchange even less.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:46:50 PM

Did they disable MtGox codes too?  Seems like an easy arbitrage, sell at MtGox => get code => load code @ Bitstamp => rebuy BTC at a lower price.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 01:51:05 AM

Can't buy less then .01 BTC, and im sure a bank transfer would cost more than what it's worth, any ideas?

Yes you can buy less than 0.01 BTC on MtGox.

Just type in 0.01BTC and buy it.

The *interface* only lets you type in 0.01BTC or more - but it will simply buy whatever you have the funds for.

I've often been left with a few cents or even fractions of a cent in Fiat, but successfully bought some satoshis with it.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
mp420

Activity: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:07:56 AM

Did they disable MtGox codes too?  Seems like an easy arbitrage, sell at MtGox => get code => load code @ Bitstamp => rebuy BTC at a lower price.

They disabled the codes way ago already, because of regulatory reasons.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 03:10:39 AM

Yes you can buy less than 0.01 BTC on MtGox.

Just type in 0.01BTC and buy it.

The *interface* only lets you type in 0.01BTC or more - but it will simply buy whatever you have the funds for.

I've often been left with a few cents or even fractions of a cent in Fiat, but successfully bought some satoshis with it.

worked like a charm, thanks, now if I could only do the same on btc-e, minimum withdrawal is .01

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 11:00:46 AM

There is nothing genius about what's going to happen.  Gox is going to close and they are taking all your money with them.  This is nothing more than a BFL stall tactic.  Two weeks will come and go and they will be long gone.  Gotta love the Bitcoin diehards who put their faith in the centralized Gox.   Roll Eyes  Be nice if they would at least pick some principles and stick with them. 

Can't you just stop posting if you have nothing serious to contribute? You're not speculating, you're just trolling.
hes being a douche if he has no money with gox, cause we all have serious money in there. damn goxed, good thing I transfered all my coins out, still have usd though.
EuroTrash

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:50:40 AM

Bumping this because we are only 3 days away from the end of two real-world weeks. We'll soon see what happens...

Feeling in a poetic mood today:

"in a bitcoin summer night*, in the distance, you can hear the sound of whales dumping."

* a bitcoin summer night is two Gox-weeks long

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:59:41 AM

So i dont use gox anymore.

But what exactly CAN you do on there right now? Exchange non-withdrawable non-transferrablr usd for bitcoins? Thats it? No codes, no merchant services, no aurumxchange, no withdraws? Wtf

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:17:59 AM

Dunno it did go down a fair bit steadily not panic but gradual

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Jaroslaw