Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:55:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notification when somebody quotes you etc.  (Read 226 times)
howard.ashoul (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 07:22:23 AM

Every forum has a notification function. When somebody quotes you or replies to your thread you will get notification.

Why I can't find such a function here?  Huh

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:32:52 PM

Every forum has a notification function. When somebody quotes you or replies to your thread you will get notification.

Why I can't find such a function here?  Huh

Im pretty sure the new forum will have fancy stuff like this. I would like that myself, but there is a problem, most of the fancy stuff requires javascript, and I would not be using javascript anyway.

Honestly I would prefer the forum to stay simple and clean as it is, just like I would prefer bitcoin to stay simple and clean as it is. The less fancy stuff the more robust it becomes. Just visit your last posts for any replies.
howard.ashoul (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:59:05 AM

I'm not even talking about live notifications.

Just a link to "new responses to your threads/your posts quoted by other people".

If I go to "replies to your posts" there's like 1 billion threads where I have posted something. And every thread has like 30 pages. I would have to go through all of them for example just to find out, if somebody quoted me and is waiting for my response... .

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 05:13:47 AM

I'm not even talking about live notifications.
Search Tab -> Enter your name as a keyword -> Sort by recent
Done.
If you had searched for "notification" "quote" in Meta you would probably find my posts about how to do this exact method. The search tool is a very nice function Wink

Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:22:50 AM

I think a third party chrome plugin can be made for this, You enter the thread you want notification for and whenever there is quotation with your name in it, it will give you a small facebook like notification. But i doubt someone will make it for free. You should expect some monthly charges for a bot like this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: