Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-13]Jack Ma Talks About BTC: Be Careful, but It’s Powerful  (Read 6969 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 08:56:04 AM

How does Jack Ma see the development trend of bitcoin? He gave the following reply to a BTC fan in a recent public event:

“For Bitcoin, I don’t have much interest, what I want to know is, what can bitcoin bring to society?” But anyway, I think blockchain technology is very powerful, so in Alipay business of Alibaba, we are also trying to ensure that we can push the world into a cashless society. But bitcoin, we look at it in a very careful way. I am not very familiar with Bitcoin, I am always curious. But I think for bitcoin enthusiasts like you, Bitcoin is inseparable. ”
Although Jack Ma emphasized in public his cautiousness about bitcoin, his affirmation on its underlying technology-blockchain can be sensed through his words.

http://news.8btc.com/jack-ma-talks-about-btc-be-careful-but-its-powerful

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:37:12 AM

How does Jack Ma see the development trend of bitcoin? He gave the following reply to a BTC fan in a recent public event:
“For Bitcoin, I don’t have much interest, what I want to know is, what can bitcoin bring to society?” But anyway, I think blockchain technology is very powerful, so in Alipay business of Alibaba, we are also trying to ensure that we can push the world into a cashless society. But bitcoin, we look at it in a very careful way. I am not very familiar with Bitcoin, I am always curious. But I think for bitcoin enthusiasts like you, Bitcoin is inseparable. ”
Although Jack Ma emphasized in public his cautiousness about bitcoin, his affirmation on its underlying technology-blockchain can be sensed through his words. http://news.8btc.com/jack-ma-talks-about-btc-be-careful-but-its-powerful

This is actually a popular sentiment expressed by many successful people on the rise of Bitcoin and how they can easily appreciate the value of the underlying technology on Bitcoin but not Bitcoin itself. It is just like saying that you appreciate the beauty and all the things about China but you don't care about its national and official currency. Anyway, the man admitted and honest enough to say that he lacks more information about Inhibitor so he was just advising the audience to be careful and that can be a very acceptable gesture from Asia's most popular and most successful e-Commerce magnate.
stuartgh

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 10:33:58 AM

I read first and foremost that Jack Ma sees the strategic interests of Alibaba aligned around the power of the blockchain to deliver business benefits in the longer term.

My hunch is that he has a team of ppl working to understand Bitcoin after rumours that Amazon might take BTC, but he's certainly not going to say that in public:-)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 10:37:30 AM

I read first and foremost that Jack Ma sees the strategic interests of Alibaba aligned around the power of the blockchain to deliver business benefits in the longer term.

My hunch is that he has a team of ppl working to understand Bitcoin after rumours that Amazon might take BTC, but he's certainly not going to say that in public:-)
Can't agree more. In fact, most businessman has to be politician in China in the first place.

moriskarlov

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:37:39 AM

Although Jack Ma emphasized in public his cautiousness about bitcoin, his affirmation on its underlying technology-blockchain can be sensed through his words.

http://news.8btc.com/jack-ma-talks-about-btc-be-careful-but-its-powerful

I read about 10 Jack Ma`s everyday good habits and do not believe that such powerful and smart entrepreneur like he, has no assets accumulated in bitcoin or not good familiar with blockchain technology. He is very structured person who always allocates time for self development to open new horizons.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:55:29 PM

I am so glad to hearing these from a very successful person like him. This gives us a sense of acknowledgement. Nonetheless, I think the goal of Alibaba in pushing a cashless society is at par with the idea of Bitcoin that all things business can take place online. He might not have indicated precisely the strength of cryptocurrencies, but he have impliedly supposed it is powerful. These statements are very telling. What do you think you guys?

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:13:20 AM

I am so glad to hearing these from a very successful person like him. This gives us a sense of acknowledgement. Nonetheless, I think the goal of Alibaba in pushing a cashless society is at par with the idea of Bitcoin that all things business can take place online. He might not have indicated precisely the strength of cryptocurrencies, but he have impliedly supposed it is powerful. These statements are very telling. What do you think you guys?
LOL,  I think he prefer BTC rather BCH. Alipay is layer 2 settlement.
wilhb81

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:04:23 AM

During the latest "Taobao 11.11 sales" - it made another new record, the total sale was over RMB250 billion+ on that specific day!

I agreed with you, Alibaba might develop their own digital currency "secretly", so they can keep competing with their toughest rival - Amazon in future...

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:38:09 AM

Jack Ma is really an intelligent man. He really deserves to be successful because he knows what blockchain can do and he is always pushing a cashless society for all of us.  It is really powerful and I think he is just warning people about some scammy cryptos.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:05:51 AM

Jack Ma doesn't just spit word about Bitcoin because he doesn't know anything about it which is good unlike other influential people in Business and Investment firm fields have been spitting bad words at Bitcoin, Good for Jack Ma for acknowledging Bitcoin.

Is "I am not interested"  different from "I am always curious" Lol Jack Ma, failed on Playing Words. Though Jack Ma should know that Bitcoin could help Society through building different Businesses with the relation with Bitcoin and Blockchain, same with how Alibaba created jobs that helped the society.

I know that Jack Ma is open on different and new technologies that could help different businesses, we can see a little light of hope of possible integration of Bitcoin as a type of payment on Alibaba.
moriskarlov

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:57:48 PM

Thise week Jack Ma again had short CNBC`s interview about his sight on Bitcoin. It`s pity, but on his opinion world and economy is not ready for Bitcoin, he knows very little about bitcoin, he is totally confused, but his company contain a team who studies blockchain technology.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: