Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:48:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 update, how stable is it  (Read 592 times)
EpicMining26 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:22:15 PM

Hi Everyone

Would you recommend running the recent firmware update for the D3 the one currently available on Bitmain and how stable is. Just kinda jittery considering people saying on forums that its too risky to run the update.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:15:47 AM

Hi Everyone

Would you recommend running the recent firmware update for the D3 the one currently available on Bitmain and how stable is. Just kinda jittery considering people saying on forums that its too risky to run the update.
DON'T DO IT! I had some problems before but not too bad. Now these things are fucked to the tits. Constantly crashing even though they don't show HW errors and the temps are fine 68c-72c. I wish I could go back to the previous firmware. If anyone has that file please post.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
jeswin

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:41:15 AM

If your current version performs okay then better to continue with the same version if not opt for the upgrade. If you upgrade it your warranty gets void if any.
BenRickert

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:22:46 AM

If your current version performs okay then better to continue with the same version if not opt for the upgrade. If you upgrade it your warranty gets void if any.
" Okay " is a relative term. NONE of these D3's perform "okay" just some less horrible than others.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
hpitcher

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:24:44 AM

Running the lastest firmware seems to so far stop the xxxxxxxx on one board randomally after several hours of use.
ica7000

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:47:54 AM

I've readjusted my d3's to maintain 15gh.  I've always felt that the "default" settings was too high and Bitmain did that due to market pressure.  Much more stable.....
BenRickert

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:34:13 AM

I've readjusted my d3's to maintain 15gh.  I've always felt that the "default" settings was too high and Bitmain did that due to market pressure.  Much more stable.....
I totally agree. They just overclocked the shit out of them. But then they put out this firmware claiming it fixes the "one board xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx fallout. Well, it did that, but now the whole thing goes all X's and it crashes every few hours. I just clocked them down and I'll see what that does. 537 is definitely "redlining" it.

shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:03:55 AM

If its not broke dont fix it. Dont upgrade if you dont get the  xxx issue. If fixing it makes it worse for some then its not worth the risk. If you get the xxx issue just reset miner every 24 hours and dont bother downclocking. Its annoying but it seems to work and it beats losing a few gh in speed by downclocking. I wont risk the upgrade until theres a fix for the upgrade lol

phuocduong

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:25:18 AM

cry on my D3, very low profit
EpicMining26 (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:06:16 AM

Thanks for the info guys, I'll stave off the upgrade for now until a more stable one is released. The boards showing xxxxxxx isn't much of an issue seeing as I constantly monitor my machine, a mild inconvenience maybe. Still kinda mad that my machine makes hardly any money and has unstable firmware. It's like having a baby in the house, that wines constantly and shits about 3000 BTU's of heat.
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:53:05 PM

Yeah like everyone else is saying in this thread. If your current firmware is running fine and not having any issues at all. Do not upgrade the new bitmain d3 firmware. It seems to be giving some people more issues. But for my buddy it seems to helped out his unstable d3 run alot smoother.. just underclock these toasters and youll be fine .
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 11:05:36 PM

If you have those reboots a lot, check the local config (not api config) of the miner.
In case you only have one pool defined, add another. This has helped in my case.
What a weird bug  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: