Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 04:01:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens when all the bitcoins have been mined?  (Read 985 times)
xBitHodler

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:07:12 PM

We can't really predict what will happen to Bitcoin if all coins are mined. Everyone here will be dead before it happens. As far as I remember, it will happen somewhere around 2133. I can't tell you what will be the value of Bitcoin by that time but I'm sure our grandchildren will be happy if we save at least 0,001 BTC for them!
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:16:39 PM

At the time, miner will have to reply on block fees for reward.  If the bitcoin price raises high enough,  fee would be enough to keep the miners to run the network
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:23:50 PM

At the time, miner will have to reply on block fees for reward.  If the bitcoin price raises high enough,  fee would be enough to keep the miners to run the network
Thats true, besides that in my opinion, bitcoin prices will be more expensive, know the rare items, many who want to have it. then the miners will also start switching to altcoin.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:31:07 PM

If all bitcoin will be mined chances are: there's no more supply to come meaning everything is in the circulation so if ever the demand increases they will adjust the price to get some bitcoin and make it available in the market. Or they will encourage the use of alternative coins and drop bitcoin price so that the market will be divert till bitcoin will become available again
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:31:53 PM

I do not know, that would take a very long time, because too many people are mining in this world, even I have seen the profile of bitcoin miner, he said that the income in every week is $ 16000, this resulted in decreased inventory of bitcoin stock every year. and of course bitcoin network will experience maintance.

coinycoiny

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:40:55 PM

Is everyone here on drugs?

Seriously, btc needs miners to confirm transactions.

This takes a lot of electricity

This has to be paid for

Either by free coins or transaction fees

If you don't reward with free coins then you need transaction fees

and that is going to be very expensive

and nobody wants to talk about it

cos your all hodling worthless coins
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:18:52 AM

Like they said, miners will earn bitcoin through tx fees. And the price of bitcoin will be too high. Unfortunately, bitcoin tx fees will be too high also. And if you are complaining how high tx fees are right now, wait til that day comes. Fortunately that is not our problem yet, miners are still getting block rewards. Tx fees are high but still manageable.
Glydel1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:14:37 AM

maybe it's easy to get here with bitcoin no matter how difficult it can be and help the poor to join it in bitcoin.
Oppang Inamo

Activity: 290

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:20:06 AM

Maybe all users will not gain bitcoin anymore, because what been said in the forum, All bitcoin so it means all bitcoins will be gone because it is mined, but the maker of it will sureley not let that happen because if all bitcoins will be mined, there is no reason for us to post and join forums, and there will be no reason for the bitcoin do make campaigs and bounties.
lupinvn

Activity: 167

Vietnamese Translator - Bounty manager

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 02:22:26 AM

The most direct and obvious consequence of such an event, of course, is that the miners will no longer receive rewards for mining, which is, despite the considerable slowdown in the process of calculating blocks, the main part of the financial attractiveness of mining. Miners will receive only commission for transactions, which for many of them may prove to be economically unprofitable, i.e., simply will not cover their costs. Then, theoretically, a mass outflow of miners and an avalanche-like reduction in the number of computers on which the global block-chef system is maintained and, as a result, the destruction of the entire network or its centralization in the hands of the few remaining, which is a nonsense for a real crypto currency, can begin. But this, I repeat, under the existing protocol, but it can be changed.
I don't think they would not received anything from mining bitcoin. Because they still get miner fee of a transaction and I think till then, the fee would increase a little bit and the price of bitcoin is rocket to the sky so they still get their profits for mining bitcoin and keep the system continued to run.

Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:35:41 AM

Maybe all users will not gain bitcoin anymore, because what been said in the forum, All bitcoin so it means all bitcoins will be gone because it is mined, but the maker of it will sureley not let that happen because if all bitcoins will be mined, there is no reason for us to post and join forums, and there will be no reason for the bitcoin do make campaigs and bounties.

I think you need to read, study and understand more about crypto before posting in this forum. This forum is about bitcoin and other crypto currency talks that make sense. Bitcoin will become more scarce when all of its supply are mined. When supply is getting scarce due to high demand then the price will have no any other destination but upward.
strocifer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:13:46 AM

hi, can anyone tell me how long it will take to mine all the coins and what will happen to the network
First off, the total supply of Bitcoin is 21million. Logic supposes that there is no way the whole 21m will ever be mined because some are already lost in transit either from untraceable transactions, death of owner or key lost. Therefore, what this means is that there will be scarcity of supply once the blockchain is completed. This scarcity will make demand for it loud and over the hook and price will go haywire.

This is true assuming the demand will be high at the time. How sure are you about that ?
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:17:34 AM

Bitcoin mining is sheduled to end around 2140, and once last block mined well all believe fees will take place the previous block rewards, its expected bitcoin to be worthing much more then now, around 40000- 200 000 dollars, soo fees will easy replace, even considering this more a waste then a shield, wonder how much energy is being spent to keep bitcoin alive.
simongoat (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:14:55 PM

thanks everyone for your comments, they are very helpful. Would it be fair to say that bitcoin is going to have to be tweaked a lot if it is going to be used as a successful currency in hundreds of years time?

w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:22:55 PM

We will either go up and see a strong rise or we will go down significantly due to not having the mining industry behind it no more.

thanks everyone for your comments, they are very helpful. Would it be fair to say that bitcoin is going to have to be tweaked a lot if it is going to be used as a successful currency in hundreds of years time?

Yes, btc scales horribly and fee's are through the roof.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:28:57 PM

hi, can anyone tell me how long it will take to mine all the coins and what will happen to the network.

It will happen by about 2140. That's pretty far away, so we don't really have to worry, but the next generations will. There is no issue when it comes to the time every bitcoin has been mined. Actually, miners are not mining bitcoins but blocks. The bitcoins they get are just rewards for finding the block. When bitcoins reach 21 million then that would mean there won't be anymore rewards to be given to the miner that finds the block. What will happen though is that the miners will still get the miner's fees. So they will work for that.
wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:47:52 PM

This is a technology, it will not die rather it will be upgraded or converted into another form. Just like crude oil exploration have existed for decays and it have not been completely drilled, so bitcoin will exist  in this form as long as the coin is accepted for goods and services.
rajsimran

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:51:03 PM

hi, can anyone tell me how long it will take to mine all the coins and what will happen to the network.

I think price will be moon after this.Becsause no bitcoin will create after that and people want bitcoin then the price will be moon.Also another thing can happen after the price will be dropped. no one exactly what will happen.
X2PR8888

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:54:25 PM

Total of 21 million bitcoin will be mined by 2140 so we might not be alive by that time. Bitcoin's price will be very high so that miners can be in profit even with just transaction fees and 0 block reward.

Bitcoin network is designed to run forever...

This is very good to know.  It's always nice to be reassured of the longevity of the bitcoin sysytem because you'll always have that reminder that it is never too late to start learning about it and actually using it.  🤗

⊗ eBit Payment ⊗
24 NOVEMBER 2017 TOKEN SALE

[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2440198.0
pri3oner

Activity: 504

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:55:45 PM

As for me, I suppose  that... we will be died before it happened  Sad Technically, nothing wrong wont happen with bitcoin cos the good that has its end costs more every single moment. Philosophically, everything has its end whatever it is.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: