Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:41:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: H110 Pro BTC+ Won't boot with more than 9 GPU  (Read 641 times)
Brenning (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:29:27 PM

Hi all,

I'm having issues with my H110 Pro BTC+. It refuses to boot (don't even get BIOS) with more than 9 GPUs installed, on the 10th i get the issue, 9 works fine. I've followed the miners guide and ensured both molex plugs and the Sata connector (so 3 in total) are connected on the motherboard and are also using 3 separate cables back to the master PSU. Can anyone help? OS doesnt matter since it doesnt get that far.

Setup:
H110 pro BTC+
Intel G3930 CPU
4GB Ram
500GB Sata HDD
ATI Rx Vega 64 GPUs
3 x Corsair HX 1200 PSUs (1200 Watts each).

Is there perhaps some sort of undocumented issue with the board not supporting these cards? They require two 8pin PCI-E power connectors each, my power draw should be fine though, I have one PSU dedicated to the mother board and the other two PSUs for the GFX cards. Apart from that anyone got any bright ideas? Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:39:43 PM

This: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383627.0

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
nothreat

Activity: 38
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:14:42 PM

You need a processor that can support more PCI Express Lanes.
The following is an excerpt from Intel website for Intel g3930 cpu:

Expansion Options
Scalability  1S Only  
PCI Express Revision  3.0  
PCI Express Configurations ‡  Up to 1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4
Max # of PCI Express Lanes  16

NB. Some of these lanes will be used up by other devices e.g. SATA

Also, as in the previous comment, this is a Bitcoin forum not Altcoin!
Brenning (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:11:00 PM

Expansion Options
Scalability  1S Only  

Thanks for answering my question, rather than the previous poster who wasnt much help - noted about the wrong forum. I'll have a check in the bios see if theres anything i can disable to free up some lanes! Cheesy
Brenning (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:24:07 PM

Expansion Options
Scalability  1S Only  

Thanks for answering my question, rather than the previous poster who wasnt much help - noted about the wrong forum. I'll have a check in the bios see if theres anything i can disable to free up some lanes! Cheesy

Hi,

I checked into the PCI lanes point and its not an issue, plenty of other people are running this board with 13 GPUs on the Intel G3930 Sad
nshyamkrishna

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:25:08 PM

Hi all,

I'm having issues with my H110 Pro BTC+. It refuses to boot (don't even get BIOS) with more than 9 GPUs installed, on the 10th i get the issue, 9 works fine. I've followed the miners guide and ensured both molex plugs and the Sata connector (so 3 in total) are connected on the motherboard and are also using 3 separate cables back to the master PSU. Can anyone help? OS doesnt matter since it doesnt get that far.

Setup:
H110 pro BTC+
Intel G3930 CPU
4GB Ram
500GB Sata HDD
ATI Rx Vega 64 GPUs

Is there perhaps some sort of undocumented issue with the board not supporting these cards? They require two 8pin PCI-E power connectors each, my power draw should be fine though, I have one PSU dedicated to the mother board and the other two PSUs for the GFX cards. Apart from that anyone got any bright ideas? Sad

Install windows 10 fall creators update build1709. with latest amd drivers(for amd GPUs) will work.
Brenning (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:37:30 PM

Hi all,

Setup:
H110 pro BTC+
Intel G3930 CPU
4GB Ram
500GB Sata HDD
ATI Rx Vega 64 GPUs

Install windows 10 fall creators update build1709. with latest amd drivers(for amd GPUs) will work.

Thanks for the reply but the OS doesnt matter since the rig doesnt even get to the BIOS stage? Running windows 10 anyway. I'm thinking it might be the cards PCI lane power draw thats too much for the board @ 10 cards. Each card requires two 8pin PCI-E connectors so they are pretty hungry things! No spec from ASRock on what the board is capable of though.
Permonik

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:22:29 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 10:43:38 PM by Permonik

Hi all,

Setup:
H110 pro BTC+
Intel G3930 CPU
4GB Ram
500GB Sata HDD
ATI Rx Vega 64 GPUs

Hi,
I am facing the exact problem like you!!!
With 9x vegas it´s running nice, but when I connect 10x nothing happend. I am not even able to boot inside bios. Monitor is off and thats all...
I am was contacting asrock support few times, they are told me lots of sh..s, but at the end, they are sent me a new bios for mobo. Unfortunatelly I am was unable to try it because the rig is in remote area...
If you want to try, I can send it to you.
meccaflare0

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:29:15 PM

Try disabling IOAPIC 24-119 Entries
chiselchest

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:14:23 PM

I really think its a power distribution problem, try to even your power evenly across all the Power supply rails. And more importantly wait for windows to load, you may think its locked up but it takes a long time to address your cards. I have been fighting with this board for two weeks but i finely figured out the issues. My first Problem was I didnt have the sata connector plugged into the motherboard
My second mistake was not reading the pdf on ASRock website,
 http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/BTC/H110%20Pro%20BTC+.pdf
 Follow the directions, space out your power and F#$%^ wait for windows to load for god sake. That is all for now hope this helps
crystal_traveler

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:41:06 AM

Very similar build to you. 12 Vega 56s not booting with ASRock h110 Pro BTC+. Sometimes the limit is 8, sometimes the limit is 9.

I have very good power distribution, I don't think that's the issue. I also don't think it's any specific card or riser. As long as the number of cards attached is less than the limit, it will POST.

Were you ever able to fix this? Currently waiting on a reply from ASRock tech support but not very hopeful. If I can't fix, I'm considering changing motherboards but I fear this may be an issue with Vegas.
zenr89

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:41:31 PM

Hi,
I am facing the exact problem like you!!!
With 9x vegas it´s running nice, but when I connect 10x nothing happend. I am not even able to boot inside bios. Monitor is off and thats all...
I am was contacting asrock support few times, they are told me lots of sh..s, but at the end, they are sent me a new bios for mobo. Unfortunatelly I am was unable to try it because the rig is in remote area...
If you want to try, I can send it to you.

Any chance you could PM me with this other BIOS to give it a try?
coolerX

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:25:35 PM

Very similar build to you. 12 Vega 56s not booting with ASRock h110 Pro BTC+. Sometimes the limit is 8, sometimes the limit is 9.

I have very good power distribution, I don't think that's the issue. I also don't think it's any specific card or riser. As long as the number of cards attached is less than the limit, it will POST.

Were you ever able to fix this? Currently waiting on a reply from ASRock tech support but not very hopeful. If I can't fix, I'm considering changing motherboards but I fear this may be an issue with Vegas.

Hi, did you solve the problem? Did you get any answer from ASRock? I have the same problem and absolutely don't know how to solve it.
lanmi88

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:54:41 PM

I had problems for whole month, but with latest windows update, and drivers update, everything runs fine now
Brenning (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:05:50 PM

All,

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner, the notifications don't seem to work too well on here. It does seem like some sort of power distribution issue despite using powered risers. In the end I returned the board and used the Asus B250 Mining Expert instead.

Works fine, 8 Vegas on Blockchain drivers.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:09:59 PM

It is funny no one mentions here that usually when you have more than 8 GPU-s , 4 GB of RAM is not enough, especially with that kind of processor as a pair. I have been seeing problems like this even in an ASUS B250 mining expert and when we add 8 GB of DDR 4 2600 MHZ speed RAM it started working and booting normally.

Try with 8 GB of RAM and report back.
Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:26:31 PM

Try with 8 GB of RAM and report back.

This may be the only proper advice here.

I've got many 12 GPUs rigs on this board and it's awesome - works out of the box.
Also make sure you are using AMD 17.11+ drivers (not beta blockchain drv as it doesn't support more then 8 GPUs)
hcintegrity

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:20:31 PM

Hello Guys,

same issue here. Trying to run 10 Vega 56 ho this setup:

H110 Pro BTC Bios 1,60
16 GB Ram
G4400
2 1200 platinum PSU (5 Vega per PSU)
Win 10 Pro 1709
Amd Adrenaline Drivers

With 9 cards no problem, but when I plug the 10th card in bios slot detection I see a red mark.
If I let boot the rig, windows see only 9 cards.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Vito
spool-cloud
Copper Member

Activity: 46

Join us https://spool.cloud

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 09:05:46 PM

Hi all,

Setup:
H110 pro BTC+
Intel G3930 CPU
4GB Ram
500GB Sata HDD
ATI Rx Vega 64 GPUs

Did you try with 8 GB RAM? I had that issue. Was fixed with more RAM.

Join our awesome spool community!
hcintegrity

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:05:52 AM

Hi all,

Setup:
H110 pro BTC+
Intel G3930 CPU
4GB Ram
500GB Sata HDD
ATI Rx Vega 64 GPUs

Did you try with 8 GB RAM? I had that issue. Was fixed with more RAM.

Hi spool-cloud,

so did you solved with 8 gb ram? Is your h110 sunning with more than 9 cards? Mine won't post with 10 (ok with 9).
Could you please share your settings?
Thank you
Vito
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: