Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful when you received this email!  (Read 1046 times)
Teste®

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:54:59 AM

it because you joined a campaign/airdrop who need you to post your email address, how they know ? except you post it publicly.  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:06:04 AM

Thank you for this information

Adding F2A and/ or SMS Authentication will increase our security

However please be also aware on phishing sites, we must always check the domain name if it is correct or not.

Read always your email, check if there is someone iwhos trying to log in to your account.

Internet is not secured these days.

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:06:35 AM

Few minutes ago I received an email from Coinbase said that someone was trying to log into my account

I didn't careful so I clicked "Cancel Request"

After that I realized that it's a fake email cause the real email only mailed by    amazonses.com, but luckily I set up my Coinbase account with highest level secure with both Google Authenticator and phone SMS

I just want to let everyone know about this and be careful.

This is the first time I received this one.
Yeah this is what people call phishing, They send messages claiming to be from a reputable company and that you need to recover your password. When you do that they steal your login details. It has happened to me on one occasion.
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:09:39 AM

Few minutes ago I received an email from Coinbase said that someone was trying to log into my account

After that I realized that it's a fake email cause the real email only mailed by    amazonses.com, but luckily I set up my Coinbase account with highest level secure with both Google Authenticator and phone SMS

Thank you for letting us know about that. let us be more careful these days.

lot of bot are using gmal to hack our accounts and wallets. thank you for letting us to know about this one hope you can help more people to avoid this one
hessanseen

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:11:52 AM

I've got three such emails this week, and they're really a lot of crooks. Do not click on their links, and cheat you want your wallet key, and another kind of fake Etherdelta send you messages, say your IP has problems, and then send false links to you. These cheats are really annoying.
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:28:48 AM

your bitcoin wallet or gmail account should be too restrictive so you do not have to message those words to keep your wallet secure because you have a cp number for 2nd authenticator code. But thank you very much for the topic of the rest of the world to be aware of the next thing.

aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:16:35 AM

yeah same here, i already experienced this a few days ago i think, at that time i also received an email that exactly what OP posted here, and the ip address that are requesting to access my coinbase is different from what im using, it is from somewhere in CANADA, so i decide to change my password and confirm it from my gmail, then suddenly the change password panel hang up and repeatedly refreshing my browser, i thought that the problem is just my gadget so i close my browser. then i read this thread so im worried about what will happen in my coinbase. so i decided to transfer my all fund into the other btc wallet just to secure my bitcoin,
sensei stupid

Activity: 896
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 04:24:28 AM

yup, that's the digital world, the most vulnerable is email, email is very easy to attack, especially the makers of phishing, when they know a lot and the contents of an email they will attack it, my advice, when there is an email that allows you to verify or whatever it is, do not ever "click" it, unless you just register on a web form, and make sure you know what the web is, it does not matter. the point is back to each of us how we respond to it. focus and do not be hypnotized by the existing bid offer on email messages.
bitcoincollector03

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:26:27 AM

Thanks for sharing , I think i need to put my google authenticator too.
xenxen

Activity: 763
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:40:07 AM

thanks for the information this is  helpfull to us to protect are account...hhope this will be know by the others to.

███▄▄ ▀████████▄▄
█████▀ ▄  ▀███████▄
████▌ ██▄▄ ▐████████▄
█████▄ ▀▀  ██████████▄
█████████ ████████████
█████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████ ███████▀
█████████ ██████▀
 ████████ ██▀▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀██████████
       ▀▀█████▀
.GptVerse.
A Metaverse App to Shop,
Learn, Organize, and Play!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
kimpena

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:44:05 AM

Thank you so much for that information, it may help all of us to avoid such things that may give damage to some. We should always read first before we click, to avoid this instances. May all these people reading this, learned from your experience. Thank you again.

tharindukw96

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:50:42 AM

Shocked Oh man you save my life.I recived that email too.Thank you for let us know
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:55:25 AM

Yes even i am getting lots of mails like this Now a days i even afraid to click the link participated in any airdrop or confirmation mail for subscribing some website . There is lots of hackers and Scamers out there we should protect our details in offline or paper wellet . thats what i found more secure.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
lady pink

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:04:10 AM

I have not received any such email from the coinbase but I have a problem with my coinbase account. It was not showing me the status of my account since last three days and finally when it was accessible then the transaction fee was huge. The transaction fee appears $12.24 for only 0.018 BTC. I have never paid this much transaction fee before. Can any one tell me whats going on? 
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:05:55 AM

In this world of bitcoin we know that the bitcoin have an expensive value so there's many hackers that greedy on the bitcoin that they want to steal it to you. People with no heart only do this. I am too. When i open my gmail i found one that suspicious email and when i tru to read this i know that is the hackers doing so i delete it instant. And not one but in my account here in bitcointalk.org many bounty or company was scam
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:50:28 AM

Thanks for letting everyone know about it. This is one out of hundred other scamming/hacking attempts. The most popular type is, phishing in which the scammer creates an exactly similar looking page with an exactly similar domain name making little tweaks in it.

The recent one I saw was regarding, Cryptonator. The scammer created a similar looking login page and named it Cryptoantor and used Google AdWords to promote it and show above original site result in order to divert Cryptonator users to his site. Thus it is highly recommended, checking the site and address authenticity before putting any details on the website.
chicobr

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:26:43 AM

Thanks for you sharing. I never access any link in emails. There are many hackers now, they really lust my money.
royromales

Activity: 163

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:33:00 AM

because the email can be lost if someone knows so you keep it so you do not lose the email because you need it when you have the form

center]▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬[/center]
Cordillera

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

John 3:16/John 14:6

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:49:04 AM

thank you for this very important info this is very helpful for our security purposes.
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:51:35 AM

In this era of phishing attack here and there, one should not just act based on emotions when you receive any emails even if its a legit one. In my own case, before clicking any email, other than the ones I intentionally instituted such confirmation emails that you get when you want to access your account. All I do is to first go to their twitter page to confirm if such issue is being reported then I know what is the next to do.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: