Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:02:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about upcoming fork  (Read 246 times)
leex1528 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:12:03 PM

So be gentle, I don't quite understand how a fork works yet but I am working on it.  When the fork happens it is essentially going to make Bitcoin and Bitcoin2x correct?  From what I understood what Coinbase sent me(my wallet, exchange) they said I would receive the amount of coins I have in Bitcoin and the Bitcoin2x.  Why is a fork happening and more importantly, who is controlling it?  If anyone also can posts information on where to learn about this sort of stuff, bonus for you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ariosky

Activity: 240
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:22:50 PM

When did the Coinbase send you the message?  Bitcoin2x was declared suspended.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:53:39 PM

You should start using the search option. This question was already answered much time in different places. And the most important is that there will not be another fork for now. Only Bitcoin Gold was created, so you will only receive that.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:56:45 PM

You should start using the search option. This question was already answered much time in different places. And the most important is that there will not be another fork for now. Only Bitcoin Gold was created, so you will only receive that.

Oh there will be another fork but just not right now, it's not cancelled, it's just postponed.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:57:51 PM

Thanks for being nice.  I did try and use the search function but I didn't really understand what people were getting at.  Heck I even asked several questions on those threads but never got any direct answers.  

Bitcoin Gold never did anything with Coinbase so that thing already happened quite awhile ago I thought.  

So nothing is happening now, got it, thanks for the help
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:05:48 PM

So be gentle, I don't quite understand how a fork works yet but I am working on it.  When the fork happens it is essentially going to make Bitcoin and Bitcoin2x correct?  From what I understood what Coinbase sent me(my wallet, exchange) they said I would receive the amount of coins I have in Bitcoin and the Bitcoin2x.  Why is a fork happening and more importantly, who is controlling it?  If anyone also can posts information on where to learn about this sort of stuff, bonus for you!

Pardon me but I feel something is not right with your account because I cannot come to believe that an Hero member rank would ask of such question if not because something is wrong somewhere and the person behind the account is not really an Hero Member.

The discussion about forks has been said and done because the SegWit team cancelled the whole exercise and there were several threads on this last week when the news broke out which means no fork is coming unless some other forks that we are yet to hear of.

On those who control the fork, its made up of the team of individuals and developers who believed that they can make a difference and being backed by those with the financial wherewithal to push that as well.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:28:27 PM

Pardon me but I feel something is not right with your account because I cannot come to believe that an Hero member rank would ask of such question if not because something is wrong somewhere and the person behind the account is not really an Hero Member.

The discussion about forks has been said and done because the SegWit team cancelled the whole exercise and there were several threads on this last week when the news broke out which means no fork is coming unless some other forks that we are yet to hear of.

On those who control the fork, its made up of the team of individuals and developers who believed that they can make a difference and being backed by those with the financial wherewithal to push that as well.

Please actual read the thread before responding.  This is indeed my account, and has been entire time.  You are correct, I don't understand how Forks work at all, hence me trying to get more information. 

I already mentioned I saw several threads last week and even responded to some of them not getting clear answers, which is why I created this topic in the first place. 

At least a little thank you is indeed due, you sort of answered one of my questions.  I am closing this topic because apparently it is just going to turn into a bashing session on me. 

I only posted here because I figured someone could direct me toward some useful and accurate information where I could learn more about this, not so that people can not read, bash me, and provide little to no information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: