Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:36:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A noob's idea on how to keep us noobs from destroying Crypto-currencies  (Read 1857 times)
ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 09:01:25 PM

Just cause we have the power to do tax evasion, why should we... We should play by the rules so the government can't do anything to us, then when or if the situation calls for tax fraud and evasion we then have the power to do it. But instead you want to do it now, bringing heat on all of us, that are trying to be legal.
Yeah you just keep on believing that BS and leave the rest of us alone please.

Thank you! People like you have no idea what is happening in bitcoin or how we should be playing our hands.

You can't post a logical argument cause you know I am right, keep posting your images.

Am I supposed to answer a personal attack with logical arguments? No wonder your ignore button is shining.
Plz edit this post, TheKoziTwo.
Needs moar pictures. You're clearly and doubtlessly supposed to answer it with moar pictures.
What's the best trollspective on this case?

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:03:37 PM

Government can do anything they want to us as long as we play by their rules. They simply have to adapt the law however they see fit. I don't believe in progress by following their arbitrary rules.

See this is where the bitcoiners are just so wrong. They feel the government is after them or just going to shut us down for no reason. So if this was true, how come bitinstant is allowed to operate still, or trade hill or any USA company. If you don't play by the rules how are we going to get anywhere. You just want to be stubborn and instead of working with them? That is how you get no where, in life. I could easily not pay taxes, but I do so the future generations will be able to enjoy bitcoins in the light and not in the dark.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:09:33 PM

Government can do anything they want to us as long as we play by their rules. They simply have to adapt the law however they see fit. I don't believe in progress by following their arbitrary rules.

See this is where the bitcoiners are just so wrong. They feel the government is after them or just going to shut us down for no reason. So if this was true, how come bitinstant is allowed to operate still, or trade hill or any USA company. If you don't play by the rules how are we going to get anywhere. You just want to be stubborn and instead of working with them? That is how you get no where, in life. I could easily not pay taxes, but I do so the future generations will be able to enjoy bitcoins in the light and not in the dark.
I don't mind legal companies going on about their own business, but at the same time I don't mind silk road going about their business (of not paying taxes, buying/selling illegal).

I think that silk road has actually been a huge contributing factor to bitcoins success. This is what people want, a currency not controlled by governments. If you're preaching how bitcoin is a fully "legal", "compliant", government ass kissing form of a currency, you're not putting anything new and exciting to the table and will stay stuck in the old fascist system that we hate so much. You're free to believe whatever you want, I'll continue my path of admiration for the "dark sides" of bitcoin and how it can bring freedom to the world.

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:24:34 PM

I don't mind legal companies going on about their own business, but at the same time I don't mind silk road going about their business (of not paying taxes, buying/selling illegal).

I think that silk road has actually been a huge contributing factor to bitcoins success. This is what people want, a currency not controlled by governments. If you're preaching how bitcoin is a fully "legal", "compliant", government ass kissing form of a currency, you're not putting anything new and exciting to the table and will stay stuck in the old fascist system that we hate so much. You're free to believe whatever you want, I'll continue my path of admiration for the "dark sides" of bitcoin and how it can bring freedom to the world.

Ok but then how do we get it mainstream. See you don't understand. If you have a Ferrari are you going to drive thru a town at 130mph, no it is dangerous you could get caught, you could hit a person, you could injury yourself. We are young we have to watch our steps and people like you don't make that easy. Just cause we have the power to do that doesn't mean we should. I would love not to pay taxes cause I am help people that abuse the systems of the government but I do it anyway. Sometimes you just need to be a time player and not this individual type. I know this is a hard concept but it is the right one.
Silk road is what made bitcoin go mainstream. Illegal trade is what really got bitcoin started, in addition to (illegal) gambling. "legal" businesses can be built on top of this, something that we're seeing a lot of lately with all the VC coming into the game. They're building services that comply with regulation.

JimCGSavings (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:45:13 AM

Really doubt that silk road got us mainstream. Most people hear what silk road is and turn their back on us.
No, most people hear about silk road and wonder what it is. Then how it works. Then why the government doesn't arrest the people doing it. Then how the people involved don't get caught. Then what Bitcoin is. Then why it's worth so much. Then how they can get some. Some probably dislike and think just as low of the people buying drugs on silk road as they do of people buying drugs off silk road. I doubt many of them think that people wouldn't buy drugs online without bitcoins. People do it all the time without bitcoins already.

The real problem here is that you don't believe in Bitcoin. You think that if the Powers That Be look at the behavior of bitcoin users and don't like it, they can destroy, damage or limit it in some way.
People like to give online Poker as an example. It was booming until the Powers That Be realized money was being exchanged that wasn't under their control or regulation. So they went after it. They confiscated a lot of money and put some people in jail. And they did kill it temporarily in the U.S. It took them a few years, but it was dead. But it flourished overseas. Did so well in fact that it's back in the U.S. again.
Even if the U.S. government, or other Powers That Be, decide to make it harder for you to do business because "people like me" don't do and see things the way you think they should, bitcoin will continue. Or Litecoin or some other second or third generation altcoin will replace it. Crypto-currency is the most disruptive technology to come out since the Internet. More disruptive than smartphones, tablets, and social sites like Facebook. It's not going anywhere.
Bitcoin is still in beta. There are no guarantees that it is the "final" crypto-currency. I understand your concern over your business model, your concern that the actions of others might not help you achieve your goals for bitcoin. But your goals don't appear to match the reality of bitcoin. I believe that crypto-currency is the future. That it's already started, And nothing you believe can stop it will do so. Including "people like me." Or even "people like you. Oops, I almost forgot the picture that makes what I say meaningless.
http://www.seethatdad.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/temper-tantrum-girl.jpg
(grin)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:06:09 AM

* r3wt once again, gets the popcorn and watches the show.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:13:24 AM

I believe your doctor is mistaken, you are the one with dementia. I'd get that checked out.

Moving your money to something else of value (bitcoin) purely for the reason of dropping under a "must not have $XXX in savings" is welfare fraud.

Technically yes but I don't give a shit.
I think it is good for someone to save a little for future hardships and I think it is a crime of our society that people who are dependent upon the system are not allowed to implement the most basic steps needed to bootstrap themselves, but must keep themselves in a position where they are dependent upon others.

Now clearly if you are investing half of your disability check each month there needs to be an adjustment, but I see nothing wrong with saving even 10% of it.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:50:44 AM

... I am 100% right in my theory...but I guess when your 16yrs old and you talk to your friends on the playground, then I guess it comes up...Think about that one little kid.
Yes, it's obvious that I'm the one being childish here. (grin)
I like how your on a forum all day, but yet you say you have a sick wife. Shouldn't you be tending to her, or is that lie Wink Never even seen proof.

And again for clarification, I don't have a sick wife, her condition is terminal. She's 5 years into the 7 years they gave her. So when I say we only have to wait 6 more years before she qualifies for her retirement benefits and won't get Medicaid anymore, I'm being optimistic.

Just ask the private investigator you say you were hiring with your BTC wealth to put me in jail. He should have pictures by now of what I do all day. It's called caregiving. It's necessary when the person being cared for is unable to do things for their self like cook, eat, stand, personal hygiene, houseclean, self-administer meds, remember to take meds, take meds without overdosing, drive to Doctor, Clinic, treatment, etc. appointments, fill out all the paperwork required multiple times a year, reach a phone and remember how to call 911 after falling and breaking wrists while using a walker, at least once a year, laundry, shop for food, clothing, personal and household cleaning needs, following her around when she's manic or panicked to stop her from throwing herself out a window or glass door to say hi to the postman, not leave the house nude, etc. I'm also on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with no time off except for when she's willing to go to the Daily Living Center. If she yells for me, or I hear panicked or enraged or confused screaming or crying, I get to wake up and deal with the situation, whether I've had enough sleep or not.

On the positive side of things, I don't have to worry about what my friends think. They freaked and stopped wanting to deal a long while back. So there's that. Yep. I'm lucky! I get to sit around being lazy and posting here when I'm not doing some of that easy peasy stuff. And you think you have it made with all yer bitcoin wealth! Hah!

And I get to do fun stuff too! Right now I'm researching the Medicaid poverty level necessary for partial help in getting her 20 year old dentures replaced. Even though she doesn't want replacements despite the fact that she keeps almost choking to death on unchewed food. Unfortunately, like foodstamps, I don't think we're "poor" enough to qualify for help. And figure out how to pay for it whether they help or not. And find a reputable orthodontist to do it right for as little as possible. Setup a tech to come out and administer a sleep study at home because she walked out on the one at the sleep study center when she woke up and panicked because she didn't know where she was and who the strangers were or where I was. Then, I get to go out to the Senior center she gets transported to 3 times a week and try to convince them to let her stay even though they have to help her up from chairs now, so I can have a few hours to catch up on sleep, and do the chores she refuses to let me do when she's home because of a little side-effect called fixation, like clean her toilet bowl extender, shower chair, find all the soiled clothing she's hid out of embarrassment and wash it, buy the groceries without having to put back all the stuff she grabs and throws in the basket that we'd never eat or can't afford, return all the items that she thought she would wear or use, but forgets she even has when we get home. I could go on and on, but I'm sure the private investigator can offer you all the proof you need to either prove my wife isn't sick and I'm a liar, or that my wife is sick and I'm just a bum. Either way, I'm a bad bad man!
Tell you what, yer rich. You should be able to afford to come and see for yourself. Get the address from your P.I. and come by and visit for a couple of hours. Or even a day or two if you want. I think you'll be in for a shock.
http://youtu.be/SuNRopIJRgo
(grin)
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:53:15 PM

Not my P.I., he was a dude on the forum that contacted me. Just give it up, you been lying this whole time, their is no sick wife. Wink I know this is an act and you can let it go now. Also how am I being childish your one that post images.

Same response to your nonsense as the other thread:
To quote your threat:
"Has nothing to do with liberals and conservatives, neither agree on Fraud as a way of handling your problem. This is fraud, no two ways about it, and if ever releases his name I am going to contact the IRS about it. I already started to look into him with the help of a private investigator, it is only a matter of time he is in jail. (grin) LMAO"

You've insisted on stalking me around this board, insulting me and my wife, and now you're equivocating on your threat but still insisting I'm the liar? Why am I not surprised. Balls to the wall time. In another post, you claim a "lurker" hired the private investigator, but got "some good information". And now that is your claim and seems to give you permission to insult me yet again.
You seem to think you can frighten me away. Or convince others I'm a liar. Let's see who has the biggest "truth" cojones. Want the IRS to audit me? Want me in jail? Please, don't make me laugh. What you fail to realize is that my situation can't be made worse. Only different. My real name is Jimmy Hankins. I live at 3146 NW 49th Street, OKC, OK, 73112. My phone number is 1-405-943-1068. I'm 54 years old and your "source" is, like you. Full of it.

Now. Your turn. Prove ANY SINGLE ONE of the accusations you've made against me. Or shut up.
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:29:41 AM

Not my P.I., he was a dude on the forum that contacted me. Just give it up, you been lying this whole time, their is no sick wife. Wink I know this is an act and you can let it go now. Also how am I being childish your one that post images.

Same response to your nonsense as the other thread:
To quote your threat:
"Has nothing to do with liberals and conservatives, neither agree on Fraud as a way of handling your problem. This is fraud, no two ways about it, and if ever releases his name I am going to contact the IRS about it. I already started to look into him with the help of a private investigator, it is only a matter of time he is in jail. (grin) LMAO"

You've insisted on stalking me around this board, insulting me and my wife, and now you're equivocating on your threat but still insisting I'm the liar? Why am I not surprised. Balls to the wall time. In another post, you claim a "lurker" hired the private investigator, but got "some good information". And now that is your claim and seems to give you permission to insult me yet again.
You seem to think you can frighten me away. Or convince others I'm a liar. Let's see who has the biggest "truth" cojones. Want the IRS to audit me? Want me in jail? Please, don't make me laugh. What you fail to realize is that my situation can't be made worse. Only different. My real name is Jimmy Hankins. I live at 3146 NW 49th Street, OKC, OK, 73112. My phone number is 1-405-943-1068. I'm 54 years old and your "source" is, like you. Full of it.

Now. Your turn. Prove ANY SINGLE ONE of the accusations you've made against me. Or shut up.

That is your parents address, and it was PI that was lurking and decided to look into you. Now just admit your 16yrs and this was a lie. Their is no sick wife. I am sorry to call you out like this so I can see your anger. But claim down no one is sending a 16yr liar to jail.

Yeah, that's what I thought. All BS and no balls. You DO realize that it doesn't take a private investigator to check me out with just the info I put on here? Hell a phone call could do it. Much less someone as rich as you claim to be. You really should shut up now. But go ahead. Pick that shovel back up and keep digging that hole deeper! (grin)
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:32:46 AM

JimCGSavings, just do as the rest of us have done and let it just die out: https://i.imgur.com/TaRCwr2.png

JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:35:50 AM

JimCGSavings, just do as the rest of us have done and let it just die out: https://i.imgur.com/TaRCwr2.png

But...that would be a mature and reasonable thing to do! I don't wanna! Oh alright. (grin)
Mazakguy

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:47:48 AM

gweedo,

Why should I "be a team player" just so you can make more money?

I could care less about your whatever. I am gonna do what is right for me, screw you.

Since you are such a team player, what ya gonna do for me... Nothing, just what I thought!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: