Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:21:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $13 fee to transfer $600 in bitcoin  (Read 462 times)
nikhil0416 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:43:01 PM

My bank can do transfer money for free. Damn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
emuLOAD

Activity: 328
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:44:29 PM

just get rid of all these cumbersome bitcoins, I'm sure people will be very happy to take the pain away ^^
nikhil0416 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:50:57 PM

Those fees will kill bitcoins. And your fees seem much lower than other fees I have seen today.

I have no idea how this work, but I hope those miners who curses those high fees will be blacklisted from the blockchain soon.

Well Coinbase is automatically adding such high fees to transactions without giving any options to set fees for their customers.
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 11:51:36 PM

Yeah, we need lower fees!  Embarrassed

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 11:52:40 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 04:28:41 AM by layoutph

This is very disappointing. Lack of miner is the reason behind this. I heard Roger Ver has a negotiation with large group of Chinese miners to abandon Bitcoin (BTC) and mine Bitcoin Cash instead.

drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:56:13 PM

That's not that bad when you compare it to a lower value transaction. Like when you want to pay someone a tenner or 20.
But I agree, btc can't compete as a currency like this.
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:56:36 PM

This is very disappointing. Lack of miner is the reason behind this.

Yes. Lack of miners. But there was no problem till 2 days ago. Where are those miners who were mining?
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:58:54 PM

Then sell all your Bitcoins and go back to the traditional fiat monetary system. We've seen this coming. Over time, the fee for transactions in Bitcoin has been continually increasing. I admit that this is not practical at all. Hell, we need much more lower fees. However, due to some greedy miners out there that somehow manipulate the transaction processes, there is no option but to increase fee. It is also caused by the current attack on Bitcoin's blockchain. They are clogging Bitcoin with numerous micro transaction requests. Thus, in order to make our transaction faster, we have to increase the fee.

This will all stop when the attack stops and will be prevented when Bitcoin starts to scale.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
nikhil0416 (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:04:06 AM

Then sell all your Bitcoins and go back to the traditional fiat monetary system. We've seen this coming. Over time, the fee for transactions in Bitcoin has been continually increasing. I admit that this is not practical at all. Hell, we need much more lower fees. However, due to some greedy miners out there that somehow manipulate the transaction processes, there is no option but to increase fee. It is also caused by the current attack on Bitcoin's blockchain. They are clogging Bitcoin with numerous micro transaction requests. Thus, in order to make our transaction faster, we have to increase the fee.

This will all stop when the attack stops and will be prevented when Bitcoin starts to scale.

Oh..Didn't know about the attack. Why can't the experts identify these attackers and do something about it?
crypto_Butterfly

Activity: 186
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:14:44 AM

That's too much of a fee honestly. Thats the only bad thing I hate about Bitcoin. Roll Eyes
blackcoiner

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:17:59 AM

Miner not greedy. They need money to operate their machine...it was very expensive investment on hardware and electricity...
Bitcoin price above 6K...and you cry for 13$?
I do international transfer cost me 300$....

13$ is considered cheap fee. Miner need to pay their bill
Jerry Patterson

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:20:36 AM

I am trying really hard to convince myself that paying the high fee to use Bitcoin is worth it Smiley

I hope they scale soon!
GameofCryptos

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

GAMEOFCRYPTOS.COM - Crypto Apparel Store

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 12:20:56 AM

Is a bad fee but is necessary
coinycoiny

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:27:26 AM

Hmmm, wonder why I can't buy a pint in my pub with bitcoin?
usmcvet11

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:28:52 AM

whoever said btc was made to compete with physical currency?Huh? make sure your correct with what your saying people want it to compete with banks and what not, that's not the philosophy of btc and furthermore, if you are spending it thats fine if you are just transferring it around why??? your saying its free to transfer online yes with your bank but your money still gets taxed from the Irs when you get it and when you spend it and on that amount the tax would be way more then 13 bucks so i dont see a problem here
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:32:19 AM

Aside from lack of miners, there are also difficulty from confirming 200,000 stucked transaction. As there are some evil and selfish people who flood the BTC blockchain to discredit Bitcoin.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
kriticko29

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:36:31 AM

Man fee's are nothing compare to your profit. How can you achieve what ever goal you set if a small fee is already too much for you. patience is the start of being reach so wait bruh.
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:42:17 AM

Is a bad fee but is necessary

how can that fee be necessary, miners already have near too endless computer power, they are paid more than 12 bitcoins every 10 min, that should be more than enough to make profit, miners says it cost around 1000$ to make one bitcoins, they can sell for 6000$

If this keeps going, sending any amount of bitcoins will soon be 0.1 bitcoins.

Its greed that drives those fees and its  seems like bitcoins are also under attacks

drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:45:30 AM

Man fee's are nothing compare to your profit. How can you achieve what ever goal you set if a small fee is already too much for you. patience is the start of being reach so wait bruh.

It's not necessarily about the fee's you have to pay, it's "just" 13 bucks (which is still a lot for a tx of course). But it illustrates btc can't compete with other payment systems right now, if ever.
blackcoiner

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:48:24 AM

It's not necessarily about the fee's you have to pay, it's "just" 13 bucks (which is still a lot for a tx of course). But it illustrates btc can't compete with other payment systems right now, if ever.

Because you think bitcoin is currency which is not. Bitcoin is money maker in short term....the profit from trading is bigger than just 13$.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: