Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:29:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is an ICO???  (Read 328 times)
wpt2207 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:43:11 PM

What is an ICO? What does it stand for? I've seen it being used multiple times here on the forums and it keeps me wondering   Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 11:45:12 PM

What is an ICO? What does it stand for? I've seen it being used multiple times here on the forums and it keeps me wondering   Huh

Initial coin offering.

If you're starting a new company/project, that is based on a blockchain, you can print yourself unlimited number of coins for free. And then sell them to people.

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
eth9888

Activity: 291
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:46:55 PM

indeed it is an initial coin offering.
If you're interested in participating one, please make sure you read the whitepaper, study the market and understand the risk of ICO
There are real coins as well as pump and dump coins.
Understand your own risk limit.
Good luck!

Al Amin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:38:47 AM

ICO is (Initial Coin Offering) offers the earliest coins before launching on the free market with the aim of raising funds to develop a project that they do in this case is a digital coin. So you must understand ICO first before you join or invest into ICO

subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:42:02 AM

ICO's are like a fund raising campaign for new projects to raise funds for their developments.  Nothing is guaranteed for your purchase except the project's tokens.  It will be up to the team and developments to make those tokens worth something.  There are many ICO's that fall below the ICO price so be careful and research before investing. 
donadoni212

Activity: 456

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:11:46 AM

ICO is an (Initial Coin Offering) where a company or project wants to raise funds for the development of the project, usually they make their own coins for investors.
you can participate in ICO as you will get offers or bonus schemes offered when the ICO is in progress .

tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:34:02 AM

It is an new company project who build an ICO for the awareness to the crowd of their project. ICOs is also a great investment for the investor who participate it because they offer discount from their pre-sale, you will be success of your investment if that ICOs is a success.
ZainSpider

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:48:54 AM

Its a pre token sale before the launch of that token in exchanges. People buy tokens directly from the developer.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Yhan

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:57:28 AM

DEFINITION of 'Initial Coin Offering (ICO)' An unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture its all about cryptocurrencies..
shiv06

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:41:21 AM

ICO is (Initial coin offering) in which many company or new project want to raise funds for the development of the project. ICO is also a good investment for the invester and earn more profit.
1L0v3

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:48:59 AM

ICO is a fundraising effort to launch a new project. They are on the riskiest edge of a volatile industry as you're often giving them money before they do any (or much) work. There is a chance you get high gains from such an investment - though a greatly increased chance you will lose money.

Might be best to steer clear until you have more experience in crypto before investing. Established projects are risky enough Wink Get a feel for making good calls first and gaining confidence that you can identify winners - an important skill if you are to fare well in the world of ICOs.

p.s. you might also hear the word Token Sale - which is the same idea..with some distinctions but by using that term the company is often trying to avoid being labeled as a security for legal reasons.
takngantuk

Activity: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 03:53:33 AM

ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is offers the earliest coins before launching on the free market with the aim of raising funds to develop a project that they do in this case is a digital coin. but before you buy token in ICO, you should find out about their project
Julia_bitcoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:56:10 AM

In fact, the ICO is another realization of the crowdfinding model, when the participants finance the development of the company now in order to get some good from it in the future.
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:18:11 AM

An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is a crowdfunding event to raise money for a new cryptocurrency asset,company,or venture.In plain English,it's like a cross between a crowdfunding campaign and a initial traditional public offering,where shares of a company are made available to the investing public for the first time.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:51:12 AM

ICO is just another convenient way of crowdfunding of new projects that allows to attract different kind of investors and rise money. ICO is much easier to handle than IPO (Initial Public Offering) so it's become very popular last time.

manudavril

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 04:55:58 AM

I also had the doubt  Shocked
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:57:28 AM

Initial Coin Offerings, also known as ICOs is the cryptocurrency version of crowdfunding and are a part of the crypto world. It's one of the easiest and most efficient methods for companies and individuals to fund their projects and for regular users to invest in projects they see value in. 
Sometimes they need investors to join.. And anyone can join it.
swsw098222

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:35:49 AM

ICO is an (Initial Coin Offering) is system that create an ICO as a new project.Peple can invest on ico to get profit.As people buy at the inintial stage of coin,they can but it with less price.If the ico success,they can can sell it with a good price.This the way how ico works.

kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:34:05 AM

ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering. You can look at ICOs as an alternative form of crowdfunding to the release of a new cryptocurrency. ICO is one of the most efficient and easiest ways for an individual or company to fund their projects and, at the same time, have other individuals and companies investing in them. Usually, before the new cryptocurrency emerges, the individual or company will need to raise money for all the technical development that is needed.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:43:35 AM

The ico means initial coin offering. that is the way to reise the fund to develop the product. Many people are using the ico as the way to get the more fund. The ico was similar with the crowdfunding for the formal sentences. There are some people that has used the ico to be their way to generate million of the money.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: