Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EWBF's cuda miner monitor tool  (Read 3661 times)
Robcsa (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:45:54 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 06:59:08 AM by Robcsa

Thank you for the script. I've been looking for something like this.
This will help me while I'm continue tweaking OC to optimize my hash rate.

Can I suggest to add a few things?

- Adding color coded on the data
- Adding temperature, something like (Total GPU Power Usage: 257 W , Total Speed: 599 Sol/s , Average Temp: 74C , Total Shares: 49 , Total Rejected: 0) or (Total GPU Power Usage: 257 W , Total Speed: 599 Sol/s , Total Shares: 49 , Total Rejected: 0 , Temp 74C 72C 72C 73C 71C) -> ascending order of GPU0,1,2,3,4,5

[update]
Apparently, when I start ewbf_monitor.bat, it shows me the summary but also halt my ewbf miner. I thought, maybe because I started it with ewbf already running. So, I closed ewbf and tried running this tool, it'll open 2 command prompt but failed to start miner. Tried couple of time but still won't work so went back with the usual way of running EWBF.
FYI, I'm normally use EWBF miner.cfg and it can select next pool in case one fail.

Hello!

Of course any suggestion is welcome. I'm going to add this feature.
For your issue: there is no problem if ewbf miner is already runing. The app will recognize it. Yes it will open two command promt. One for monitor and one for the miner(if it is not running). So what happend when your miner is halt ? Are you wait a few second ? Because it takes some time to refres the data from the miner. What shows the monitor command window ? Are you enabled the api in ewbf ? In case of error the monitor tool create a log file. Could you share it with me ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Robcsa (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:57:16 AM

I am going to give this a try.. It looks like it will help me.

Device 3 is the device that keeps stopping first when I get a stall in mining.  I assume that that is GPU 04.  How do I determine which device/video card it is on my rig? Such as... Does that mean that it is the one in the fourth pcie slot?

In theory ewbf's miner shows your cards in ascending order which means that you are right. Your third card  should be in pcie fourth slot.
astronyu

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:49:09 AM

Thank you for the script. I've been looking for something like this.
This will help me while I'm continue tweaking OC to optimize my hash rate.

Can I suggest to add a few things?

- Adding color coded on the data
- Adding temperature, something like (Total GPU Power Usage: 257 W , Total Speed: 599 Sol/s , Average Temp: 74C , Total Shares: 49 , Total Rejected: 0) or (Total GPU Power Usage: 257 W , Total Speed: 599 Sol/s , Total Shares: 49 , Total Rejected: 0 , Temp 74C 72C 72C 73C 71C) -> ascending order of GPU0,1,2,3,4,5

[update]
Apparently, when I start ewbf_monitor.bat, it shows me the summary but also halt my ewbf miner. I thought, maybe because I started it with ewbf already running. So, I closed ewbf and tried running this tool, it'll open 2 command prompt but failed to start miner. Tried couple of time but still won't work so went back with the usual way of running EWBF.
FYI, I'm normally use EWBF miner.cfg and it can select next pool in case one fail.

Hello!

Of course any suggestion is welcome. I'm going to add this feature.
For your issue: there is no problem if ewbf miner is already runing. The app will recognize it. Yes it will open two command promt. One for monitor and one for the miner(if it is not running). So what happend when your miner is halt ? Are you wait a few second ? Because it takes some time to refres the data from the miner. What shows the monitor command window ? Are you enabled the api in ewbf ? In case of error the monitor tool create a log file. Could you share it with me ?

I can see the script fetches data from EWBF and it looks fine. It just that after that my EWBF stopped responding and later in your script it shows this:
Code:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect0(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
at ewbf_miner_json_restarter.utils.JsonParser.getStatFromMiner(JsonParser.java:35)
at ewbf_miner_restarter.CheckMiner.run(CheckMiner.java:31)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I will try the script again and let you know.
Right now, I'm using sverox's script which so far seems to work fine. (https://forum.z.cash/t/auto-restart-possible/15772/55)

Another suggestion for you is instead to offer just email notification, why not give option to either use email or telegram or both?
Robcsa (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:11:43 AM

Hello!

Thank you for the another suggestion, i'm try to add this feature too.
The attached exceptions means that the application cannot to connect your ewbf cuda miner's.
In this case the application detect that the miner is stopped and it should try to restart the miner.
It seems that there might be something not correctly set in the ewbf_monitor.bat file. Coul you share it or double check it please ?
Anyway have you tried to start your miner with my tool? I mean your miner is not runing and you start my tool which is going to start your miner automatically. If it's not going to happen, than propably something not set correctly in the bat file. Maybe your miner's bat file path or name not set correctly.
devkowow

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:41:15 PM

Great tool, using on my all rigs, gets rid of so much hassle and especially problem when rigs crash midnight and are offline till morning when you can notice it.

Would be great if you would integrate one more option - restart on loss of internet. I currently have script running that does that, but would be nice to have such option inside this tool. And possibility to have rigs named when sending emails otherwise cant know what rig have been restarted and having problems.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:51:54 PM

Enjoy the mining how it would be if everyone takes his piece of cake.

Mining software fee: 2%
Mining supervision fee: 2%
Selling your coins on exchange fee: 0,20%, plus other % when turning that into fiat
Taxes from government on final earns: 15% or more
Failures, equipment crashing and a low chance of being set on fire: all goes to miner
Time spent to set everything up and working: all goes to miner
Chances of mining a coin that becomes worthless: all goes to miner
Seeing how your earnings get cut in half due to difficulty rise: all goes to miner

This doesn't make even fucking sense. I know taking a fee it's OPTIONAL, but this is coming insane. I don't have anything against the OP, but mining itself it's becoming a total robbery.

So true. Funny thing is that most people just blindly start mining and think they will become rich tomorrow hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Robcsa (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:24:57 PM

Great tool, using on my all rigs, gets rid of so much hassle and especially problem when rigs crash midnight and are offline till morning when you can notice it.

Would be great if you would integrate one more option - restart on loss of internet. I currently have script running that does that, but would be nice to have such option inside this tool. And possibility to have rigs named when sending emails otherwise cant know what rig have been restarted and having problems.

Hello!

Thanks for the suggestion i'm adding this to my to do list!
Tomcsik

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:31:24 PM

a dev fee are you freakin serious, what a money grab especially for a first iteration. why is it people like you make some simple thing and then think you can make a buck off it? clearly its just about the money
Im using this tool and it is very handy. It helped me to figure it out that my antivirus program blocked my mining. Very good to get the report of your mining status. Because of the antivirus blocked my mining the process was always stopped, but this program always restarted the mining process so I didn't loss money. Anyway if it is that easy to do this kind of program why you are not doing it for yourself and than you don't need to be worried about the OPTIONAL dev fee. Anyway Robcsa did a very useful script just give it a try guys. He spend his free time on to make this program so I don't see nothing wrong that he built in this dev fee, it is optional and actually it's helping me to make money more efficient so I don't mind to give the dev fee. Off course is up to you guys.
elf_ua

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:21:24 PM

Hi,

Will you update your monitoring tool?
A few suggestion.
Please make a check for duplicate running and please allow users to adjust donation. Smtp settings doesn't work for me. I will suggest to add user's mail server for outgoing warnings.
Robcsa (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:38:22 PM

Hi!

Yes i would but i'm very busy nowdays, but i'm working on it.
Any suggestions are welcome, i will add this features in the new release.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: