Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:49:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent to an "Unused" Armory Address from my Offline Wallet. How do I recover?  (Read 238 times)
pierre66 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:32:59 AM

I copied a P2PKH "Unused Address" from my Armory 0.96.2 version Offline Wallet. I didn't use the "Receive Bitcoins" function to generate the receiving address.

Sent coins to this copied address (it had already been generated somehow and was sitting there in my wallet's unused addresses).

Blockchain.info show the transaction succeeded, but I cannot figure out how to get this address into my Wallet!

I am hesitant to post the address or transcation data here, until the community tells me how stupid I am and how to fix this.. Embarrassed
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:35:42 AM

The address is already in your wallet and there is nothing that you need to do. Since your wallet is offline, it does not know that it has been used, but that doesn't really matter since you shouldn't be doing that with an offline wallet anyways. Getting addresses should be done on your online wallet.

pierre66 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:50:58 AM

Thank you. So the coins are safely at this address..

So is there any way to get Armory to show the transaction and display the coins at this address? Even though I self-selected an address from my Offline Wallet?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: