Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:09:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASTRCoin - Blockchain Asteroid Ledger, Your claim of the vast wealth of Space  (Read 4310 times)
ASTRcoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 03:41:19 AM

Good question.

The idea is the same as the age old question of who owns the internet?  Some of the world’s most valuable companies are solely based on the web yet who has governance of the internet?

The 1967 Space Treaty does clearly states two things.

1. Governments have agreed that they do no have the right to govern space.
2. Space is to be for all humankind.

What this means is that space and it’s vast resources already belongs to you and I in the same way that the internet is for everyone.  However as with all things there needs to be an order to things so that everyone may benefit from these resources.  That’s why we firmly believe the BlockClaim system we have created will allow for a public immutable Blockchain ledger which can track who has registered a claim for all the world to see. Just as ICANN has done for claiming of URLs on the internet. 
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto Future

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:55:09 AM

Thank you for the quick answer! So how with the ICO funds be used?
ASTRcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 04:06:13 AM

Thanks Crypto Future,

We will use the proceeds of the ICO to launch the BlockClaim and market it so that there is a swell of global participation.  It will be this participation that will unify as one voice in support of everyone’s claims.  Just this last month 20,000 new sign ups were received so we feel that we are not alone in this thought either.

Simply the reason to invest is to be part of our planets future as humankind gets a do over in space.  No more fighting over scraps of resources we have to destroy the planet in order to access.  Rather we tap into the abundance of space which brings $100,000,000,000 USD of known value for each person alive today.  As Jeff Bezos recently stated; we can make earth a residential zone and move all the destructive industrial work off planet.  Space can be a turning point for us all.  Our company believes it is important that access be made available to all not just the elite.
Crypto Future

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:20:09 AM

So I can make a $1,000,000 claim on an asteroid with my Astercoin?
ASTRcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 04:41:45 AM

Yes! And with today's exchange if you participate with 1 ETH you'll have 492 ASTR to make claims
Crypto Future

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:22:58 AM

Does you mean that if I transfer 1 ETH I can claim $492,000,000 mining claims? Smiley
ASTRcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 06:47:44 AM

A BlockClaim will be fixed at $10 USD per claim payable in ASTR.  We will launch ASTR at $10 USD Per ASTR.  So at that value, yes your calacualtions would be correct!
themanfromimgur

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:20:28 AM

Is this a joke?
ASTRcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 11:34:47 AM

If it were a joke it would be an expensive one.  Most of the world’s most wealthy induvial have already invested billions of dollars into developing technology required for Asteroid Mining. 

The outer space treaty of 1967 has been ratified by over 127 countries and simply states no government has authority over space.  Therefore, it is left to all of humankind to determine how we will regulate space so that everyone can access the vast resources it holds. 

We offer to be the registry for people to claim their portion through our BlockClaim system.  With this Blockchain mechanism a public ledger can be established where clear demarcation of individual claims can accessed globally.  Much like ICANN has established for the DNS registry of URLs for the internet.
themanfromimgur

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:53:58 AM

Hmm. Looks promising. When will you be listed on an Exchange?
ASTRcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 03:01:44 AM

Great question.  We are currently working with a series of exchanges to get listed.  These applications do take some time so it might be a few weeks before you see a listing appear.  Stay tuned for announcements!
themanfromimgur

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:32:13 AM

How is the sale in the pre-ico? If I decided to buy today, will I get a better value based on current calculations?
ASTRcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 05:44:51 AM

This was a question we considered carefully.  The difficulty we had was how to peg a BTC = ASTR value when we already associated it to ETH as well.  Since there is such fluctuation in the day to day values of BTC and ETH how could we properly and fairly assign the exchange for you the contributor? 

Well we went back through our figures from earlier in the year when we first started to lay out the ICO plans.  What we realized is that we had pegged a 1 ETH = 120 ASTR value back when ETH was only $90 USD (May 2017).  That got us thinking; why should an ETH holder get the same amount of ASTR when the value of ETH has grown so much in that time?  Surely any other market in the world affords the holder more buying power when the value of their currency goes up.  Why is it the opposite in ICOs? 

The solution became clear!  We flip the traditional ICO model and ensure that the buying power is put back in the hands of the ICO Contributor, not the ICO Offeror.  We at Astrcoin.io proud to offer a new calculation on the Pre-Sale and ICO. 

What it offers:

- Every 24hrs at 01:00 UTC +8 we will update the ETH = ASTR calculation to reflect the market value changes in ETH.

- A Smart Contract for ETH Purchases will now issue ASTR automatically after the ETH Transfer is received.

- A new model which properly reflects the buying power of ETH and how much it has increased since our prices were pegged in May 2017. 
themanfromimgur

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:33:02 AM

That's great. How does Asteroid Ltd. plan on marketing this idea to the masses? It's a bit complex and I would think it will take a bit for people to wrap their heads around it.
MikeJones!

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:36:49 AM

You have got to be kidding me. This is like the international star registry!

Someone lock this thread so it dies a quick death...
ASTRcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 04:00:33 AM

Hi themanfromimgur,

We will be using the proceeds from the ICO to start a member acquisition campaign. 
This will happen through the Asteroid Society which is public good company for likeminded individuals interested to know more and discuss Asteroids and Space Exploration.  The Asteroid Society will be the exclusive access point for making BlockClaims.  Currently the Asteroid Society has tens of thousands of members with new members signing up daily.   You can find out more about the Asteroid Society at www.Asteroid.org.
ASTRcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 05:12:15 AM

You have got to be kidding me. This is like the international star registry!

Someone lock this thread so it dies a quick death...

Hello Mike.  This is not a name a star for yourself project, these are real assets that humankind is on the brink of accessing as early as the next 3 years (https://gizmodo.com/this-mining-company-plans-to-land-on-an-asteroid-in-thr-1785112235).  Currently https://www.whois.com shows you who has claimed URLs for themselves by paying a registration fee to ICANN in order to register their claim to a URL.  One cannot say that ICANN or Netsol owns the right to any TLD or URL they are merely a registrar, in the same way we are offering to establish a similar registration system for the vast resources found in Outer Space.  The world's space agencies have already identified and valued these resources and made that information public.  By current valuations NASA states that there is $100,000,000,000 USD of value for every person living today.  We are simply offering a Blockchain Ledger which has categorized these resources and provides the ability for anyone to register their claim on them.  The 1967 Outer Space Treaty clearly states that rights to these resources belong to all of Humankind.  However, as with all things there will need to be an established order to ensure that everyone can participate.  Space should be a do over for Humanity.  Instead of allowing for the elite 1% to capture these resources first and make claims that are solely for their benefit, we can democratize space here and now by creating a formal system for everyone to make a claim.  A simple review of recent laws in both the United States and Luxembourg, written by the wealthy for the wealthy, brought us to the conclusion that space should and must be democratized in the same way that the Internet is a world resource belonging to all humankind, in fact no one owns it.  We all know that if we had made a claim to the early dot coms we would be wealthy today.  Interestingly, no one can really say they own their dot com in fact it is just registered to them for a given length of time, and renewed on a regular basis.  We believe that if Blockchain technology were envisioned at the advent of the internet we would be using a Blockchain Registrar to establish a claim to a URL through a smart contract today.  From a legal perspective the concept of Terra Nulius covers that which is considered "no mans land" and as such there is legal precedent in international law for a BlockClaim.  A BlockClaim is both disruptive and enchanting.  It will allow anyone the ability to lay claim on what clearly belongs to all humankind.  It is the perfect use case for one the largest undertakings humankind has ever attempted.

A few interesting Articles for reference:
https://www.engineering.com/DesignerEdge/DesignerEdgeArticles/ArticleID/15308/Asteroid-Mining-Who-Wants-to-be-a-Trillionaire.aspx
http://www.itechpost.com/articles/49810/20161103/asteroid-mining-100-billion-everyone-earth-nasa.htm
http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-value-of-asteroid-mining-2016-11
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICANN
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty
benzi90

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:44:34 PM

i just made a payment for buying aster , and i have indicated my etherwallet adress but i didnt get any token yet . when i am gonna receive my tokens on my ether wallet ?
ASTRcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 10:22:24 AM

Hi benzi90,

PM me or Join the telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/HMExBUumuJYKJnghdMqQUA and we will look into it for you immediately.

Its governed by a smart contract so it depends on how you sent it. Make sure it is a ERC20 compatible wallet like MyEtherWallet.

Dungard

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:47:09 PM

how can anyone be so braindead to invest in such a ridiculous project Cheesy come on, claiming ownership of asteroids?HuhHuhHuh?? what is the value behind that. i scent a fishy smell...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: