Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PROP][RCC]Proposal: a coin for the non faint-hearted!  (Read 489 times)
onedeveloper (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:44:55 PM

Ok. I'm new into this frenzy of the digital coins, but I prefer to believe I'm an "revolutioneer in the making".

And to start revolutioning things, I'm going to propose a new coin: RollerCoasterCoin (RCC). This coin will be designed as a Roller Coaster, with sudden highs and lows. These are my ideas so far:

- The blocks will start with a 1000 RCC reward.
- Reward will go down in time until it reaches 0, following a sinusoid path.
- After 0, the reward will go down again into the negative, but without ever reaching -1000 RCC. To prevent this, the sinusoid will have a rising slope, so the lowest value will be -999 RCC and rising 1 RCC each time.
- Sinusoid will cycle for 100 blocks, so block 1 will get 1000 RCC, block 2 will get 1000 * sin( (blocknum - 1) * 100 / ( 2 * PI ) + PI ).
- The difficulty will start low, with a quick and steep rise, then it will go down again and rise and lower, and twist and shout, like a Roller Coaster. It won't depend on the network.
- Wallets can have negative amounts. Negative amount wallets cannot send coins, but they can accept coins though. Mining when difficulty is low and reward is high can be a nice idea to recover from negativity.
- Negative amounts are only possible after mining a negative reward block.
- Algorithm for the blocks will be anyone. I let developers to choose which one is better suited.
- You can use it for whatever you want, like other coins. No limits are imposed.

Any other questions, suggestions, improvements?

Grin Roll Eyes
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:48:04 PM

Nobody will mine when the rewards are negative -> coin is dead.
onedeveloper (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:53:54 PM

Ok. Then we eliminate the negatives. What about reaching zero reward then ? or  reaching 1 RCC reward and the rising again, so the sine curve is displaced 500 RCC on the vertical axis, with the 1RCC/100 blocks slant still active ?

I always thought miners were more "risky people"  Tongue
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:02:01 PM

Ok. Then we eliminate the negatives. What about reaching zero reward then ? or  reaching 1 RCC reward and the rising again, so the sine curve is displaced 500 RCC on the vertical axis, with the 1RCC/100 blocks slant still active ?
Hm, I don't know if this is enough to make the coin interesting.

I always thought miners were more "risky people"  Tongue
There is a difference between risking and knowing it will be a loss.
onedeveloper (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:07:08 PM

[quote:Birdy]Hm, I don't know if this is enough to make the coin interesting.

I always thought miners were more "risky people" 
There is a difference between risking and knowing it will be a loss.[/quote]

Well. I hope the interest was in creating the algorithm to make this coin possible. Using it to explore other possibilities (like negative wallets) was also a bonus. But If negatives are not "swallowable", then it's better to work without them.

I have more interesting (I hope) proposals, but first I must test the waters, don't you agree?  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: