Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:59:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slowing in the rate of decline  (Read 901 times)
semaforo (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:38:02 AM

Just thought I'd post something that occurred to me after reading an article on The Genesis Block about the decline of bitcoin software downloads. I had been excited hearing about the surge of downloads in China, and thought that the new Chinese wealthy would rush into bitcoin driving a massive rally as all the new Chinese millionaires rejoiced over finally being free from capital controls. Then downloads declined steeply.

Anyway, Jonathan Stacke, the author of the article I read, pointed out that the rate of decline in new downloads is slowing worldwide, but that the rate at which new downloads is declining is also slowing. This leads me to believe that we may be heading towards a floor after which the adoption rate will begin to increase as interest consolidates. Think about pathogens- when one is infected with a cold, it can take anywhere from 4 days to two weeks for symptoms to start to appear. The rate of infection for someone like me, who is very critical of the state and studies the global economy, was very rapid. Within three days of hearing about bitcoin I was buying as much as I could.

I can only assume that for people who are more entrenched in existing economic structures and less critical and informed, there will be a lot more resistance to the infection.

I checked google trend again and I also see a clear slowing in the rate of decline in search volume for bitcoin. It looks like for the next month if the trend continues that the line will be flattening out, and from there I don't see it going anywhere but up. Barring another Cyprus or similar event, I think it is not a matter of if adoption will bottom out, it is just a question of how long it will remain flat and when it starts to rise how steep and how fast the rise will be.

Of course, I am talking about adoption- if price follows the rate of adoption, I would think that for anyone considering buying right now that we have not seen the bottom yet in price. My intuition says the bottom is about 3 weeks from now. There, it's on the record.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:47:56 AM

Within three days of hearing about bitcoin I was buying as much as I could.

Did you buy when the price was going up Up UP?  Tongue
semaforo (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:57:22 AM

Within three days of hearing about bitcoin I was buying as much as I could.

Did you buy when the price was going up Up UP?  Tongue

No, luckily I first got in when the Dwolla's Gox account got seized and there was a dip.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:03:21 AM

I'm afraid I've lost my faith in Bitcoin. Somebody save me..

thats because you are reading the high price which is always volatile.. check out the monthly low price.. you will see there is a constant rise. the low price is more of the indicator of true value and growth indicators.. the high price is just pure speculation and should be ignored for long term investors

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:10:23 AM

I love the slow fall...

Next to happen after we level off...is the GRRRRRRRRRIND!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Dalib

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:59:12 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 08:30:35 PM by Dalib

I'm afraid I've lost my faith in Bitcoin. Somebody save me..

thats because you are reading the high price which is always volatile.. check out the monthly low price.. you will see there is a constant rise. the low price is more of the indicator of true value and growth indicators.. the high price is just pure speculation and should be ignored for long term investors

yes, if not break 88 (or 93 from June in July), yet still true that "the cheapest coins are every month more and more expensive" ...

This trend is breaking just now   Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: