Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost my faith  (Read 6890 times)
bitcoinscanada (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:52:35 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 10:04:34 PM by bitcoinscanada

I'm afraid I've lost my faith in Bitcoin. Somebody save me..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rikur

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:55:27 PM

I'm afraid I'm lost my faith in Bitcoin. Somebody save me..

Quoted for year 2018, when Bitcoin is worth more than USD 100 000 each (if USD still exists..)
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:56:31 PM

I'm afraid I'm lost my faith in Bitcoin.
>no reasons given
>lucrative question
nice bait

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:01:35 PM

I'm afraid I'm lost my faith in Bitcoin. Somebody save me..

good, you should never have faith in anything. faith is the antithesis of reason and evidence.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:18:13 PM

good, you should never have faith in anything. faith is the antithesis of reason and evidence.

I have more faith in gold.. but I appreciate what Bitcoin is trying to achieve.

is it just me or is this the sort of reply a computer program would come up with?

please look at my comment and your reply and see if you can explain to me why it doesn't make sense.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 10:44:51 PM

>no reasons given

I believe central banks will buy bitcoin and therefore control it's destiny.

This would fail and be hugely beneficial to most current bitcoin holders. 

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:45:50 PM

is it just me or is this the sort of reply a computer program would come up with?

Umm.. I'm not a computer program, but interesting observation.

ok now can you answer the other half of my last comment please.

nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:47:31 PM

Have you checked that?

donations not accepted
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:49:25 PM

I'm not selling the BTC I hold, just in case..

You should be alright then.  If it takes off, you'll reap some of the benefit, if it crashes and burns, you had good foresight.  Bitcoin is still very early in its develop and is subject to substantial risk, we all need to individually assess our own risk tolerance and make our decisions accordingly.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:49:39 PM

thats because you are reading the high price which is always volatile.. check out the monthly low price.. you will see there is a constant rise. the low price is more of the indicator of true value and growth indicators.. the high price is just pure speculation and should be ignored for long term investors

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:57:19 PM

ok now can you answer the other half of my last comment please.

I believe that central banks can buy/sell bitcoins in volume to manipulate the price, as they do with precious metals certificates. Banks have no control over physical metals.

central banks play about with investments using peoples money. they are only allowed to play about with peoples money on certain legal exchanges such as the NYSE LSE etc. they cant just withdraw peoples money, throw it into dwolla/moneygram to then play the mtgox market.

BUT private investment companies CAN play up and manipulate MTGOX/Bitstamp

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
nottm28

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:59:36 PM

Have you checked that?

Does not compute.. does not compute..

Now I'm suspicious. A real ellipses has three dots ...

donations not accepted
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:59:55 PM

thats because you are reading the high price which is always volatile.. check out the monthly low price.. you will see there is a constant rise. the low price is more of the indicator of true value and growth indicators.. the high price is just pure speculation and should be ignored for long term investors

wow franky that's really smart. i never thought about it that way.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:01:43 PM

Just because no one here seems to notice: THIS GUY IS BAITING FOR REPLIES. STOP FEEDING HIM.

I believe that central banks can buy/sell bitcoins in volume to manipulate the price, as they do with precious metals certificates. Banks have no control over physical metals.
>>>/r/conspiracy
>>>/x/
>>>infowars.com
>>>theIlluminatiZionistLiberalMediaCIATruth.org

Also, what makes you think that if they can manipulate bitcoins and metal certificates, they can't manipulate physical metals?

Now I'm suspicious. A real ellipses has three dots ...
You're doing it wrong: …
It's supposed to be one character. Tongue

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:05:06 PM

I believe that central banks can buy/sell bitcoins in volume to manipulate the price, as they do with precious metals certificates.

They're already doing it. Coinbase is a Goldman Sachs operation. The Big Dogs are quietly trying to accumulate as many bitcoins as they can without driving the price up. At the same time, banks are making it difficult for smaller bitcoin businesses like Mtgox and others to use the banking system.

I have great faith in Bitcoin's concept and the crypto behind it. I have no faith in the majority of Bitcoin's users and developers to have an inkling about who and what they're up against.
nottm28

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:10:18 PM

I have great faith in Bitcoin's concept and the crypto behind it. I have no faith in the majority of Bitcoin's users and developers to have an inkling about who and what they're up against.

me too

donations not accepted
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:12:06 PM

I believe that central banks can buy/sell bitcoins in volume to manipulate the price, as they do with precious metals certificates.

They're already doing it. Coinbase is a Goldman Sachs operation. The Big Dogs are quietly trying to accumulate as many bitcoins as they can without driving the price up. At the same time, banks are making it difficult for smaller bitcoin businesses like Mtgox and others to use the banking system.

why do you think coinbase is a "goldman sachs operation"?

nottm28

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:16:41 PM

It prolly is...

donations not accepted
papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 11:18:22 PM

+1 this

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:21:22 PM

Fred Ehrsam joins Coinbase

Prior to joining Coinbase, Fred worked at Goldman Sachs as a foreign exchange trader, where he traded both manually and managed their electronic market making platform, supporting in the $ billions in flow a day.  Fred has also worked at BlackRock, one of the largest asset managers in the world, and has been published in the Duke Journal of Economics.  Fred graduated with latin honors and departmental distinction in computer science and economics at Duke.

I find it hard to believe that a young man would leave a promising career at GS to work at a shitty little startup. He's been tasked to get bitcoins.

The Blackrock connection is a giveaway. They're the Jesuits of Money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: