Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:15:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cancel unconfirmed transaction  (Read 447 times)
breezyu (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:33:35 AM

Hi, need some urgent help. I just ordered online take away food 10 minutes ago, after that I wanted to make a payment for a tv for around 700 dollars and I did that but I accidently sent it to the take away btc address and I didnt copy it right... lucky for me I still had the small fee selected so it should do me good for hours but now I really need urgent help on how to cancel this transaction before it gets confirmed, i heard from a friend something about double spending it? but he doesnt know so i'm asking here, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:56:49 AM

Look at this thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2400132.0) and the link contained within about the 18BTC transaction.
That should help.
breezyu (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:28:02 AM

Look at this thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2400132.0) and the link contained within about the 18BTC transaction.
That should help.

Thanks for the help. But with what wallet can I do this? to export the data and delete bad transaction from that file.
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:37:19 AM

That should help.

Thanks for the help. But with what wallet can I do this? to export the data and delete bad transaction from that file.

What wallet are you using?
breezyu (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:47:42 AM

That should help.

What wallet are you using?

blockchain.info my own imported wallet where i have the private keys from, any advice please thanks.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16540

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 12:29:35 PM

blockchain.info my own imported wallet where i have the private keys from, any advice please thanks.
Import the private key into Electrum, and make a new payment to the right address. Set a much higher fee than you used the first time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
breezyu (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:00:33 PM

Import the private key into Electrum, and make a new payment to the right address. Set a much higher fee than you used the first time.

I have imported the private keys to that wallet, i can see the transaction it has a 'low fee' sign next to it. But how can I now make a new payment to another address when I only have like 100 dollars worth in my wallet and not enough for the 700 that is still unconfirmed.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:01:32 PM

Instead of importing I noticed that sweeping all the amounts in the wallet would best to go. I really think that you can use the electrum wallet instead of blockchain(op).
I have given the below link to understand the sweeping and how to import the wallet to electrum with the clear instructions please check it.
https://bitcoinelectrum.com/importing-your-private-keys-into-electrum/
http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html
BertieRichards

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 02:10:05 PM

This happens sometimes. I hope that you have solved this problem! Your unconfirmed transaction should have been canceled!
breezyu (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:16:15 PM

Instead of importing I noticed that sweeping all the amounts in the wallet would best to go. I really think that you can use the electrum wallet instead of blockchain(op).
I have given the below link to understand the sweeping and how to import the wallet to electrum with the clear instructions please check it.
https://bitcoinelectrum.com/importing-your-private-keys-into-electrum/
http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html

I have imported the private keys to that wallet, i can see the transaction it has a 'low fee' sign next to it. But how can I now make a new payment to another address when I only have like 100 dollars worth in my wallet and not enough for the 700 that is still unconfirmed.
breezyu (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:30:56 PM

on electrum it says 120mbtc [101.22315 unconfirmed]
on blockchain.info it only shows that i have 19mbtc

so how do i now send this bitcoin the 101 that is unconfirmed to another address of mine? when i try to do that it says i have no funds, i can't even send 30mbtc or anything like that.. please help me out thanks
breezyu (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:37:05 PM

i'm pretty sure that this is because of the fees in the electrum wallet, it says minimum 694. sat/byte which is extremely high for such amount, even when i try to send 1mbtc it gives that fee 694 as the lowest that i can choose, how can i change this..? thanks.
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:45:05 PM

i'm pretty sure that this is because of the fees in the electrum wallet, it says minimum 694. sat/byte which is extremely high for such amount, even when i try to send 1mbtc it gives that fee 694 as the lowest that i can choose, how can i change this..? thanks.

Tools -> Preferences -> Transactions -> Check Dynamic fees
breezyu (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:51:39 PM

I managed to change the fees, but I still cannot spend anything from that unconfirmed, the max that I can spend it litterly the 19mbtc that is in my wallet. Anything that im missing here?
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:11:14 PM

I managed to change the fees, but I still cannot spend anything from that unconfirmed, the max that I can spend it litterly the 19mbtc that is in my wallet. Anything that im missing here?

Did you delete the transaction you mistakenly sent from the data before importing into electrum?
breezyu (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:14:36 PM

Did you delete the transaction you mistakenly sent from the data before importing into electrum?

I do not think so. How do i do this?
What i exactly did:

logged into blockchain.info web wallet
bought food online, that got confirmed
wanted to buy a new tv, accidently sent it to the food btc address but i'm lucky it had a small fee
imported private key from my blockchain account to electrum, it showed all my transactions and it shows the one that i sent out on accident, it has a low fee signal next to it. How can i get this deleted etc?
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:37:52 PM

I do not think so. How do i do this?
What i exactly did:

logged into blockchain.info web wallet
bought food online, that got confirmed
wanted to buy a new tv, accidently sent it to the food btc address but i'm lucky it had a small fee
imported private key from my blockchain account to electrum, it showed all my transactions and it shows the one that i sent out on accident, it has a low fee signal next to it. How can i get this deleted etc?

That's the problem. You've imposed the old data as it is so it will still try broadcasting the last transaction. What you want to do is 're-write' that transaction by double spending it.
To do so, you first have to delete that specific transaction from your data and then automatically replace it by sending a new transaction to a different address.

To delete the transaction follow this guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35214.0

breezyu (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:02:16 PM

i dont understand this step; Run './pywallet.py --web'

what do i need to do?
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:29:57 PM

i dont understand this step; Run './pywallet.py --web'

what do i need to do?

It means run the python script that you downloaded using cmd/terminal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: