Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XIM] Imagination - Fork 1:1 of Einsteinium(EMC2) - Cross-chain capability  (Read 1170 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rdc (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:10:50 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:54:32 PM by rdc

Forum: https://forum.imagination.international

Blockexplorer https://explore.imagination.international

Wallets https://github.com/ImaginationInternational/imagination/releases/latest

Source Code https://github.com/ImaginationInternational/imagination/

Fork activated at block number 1671694 on November 20, 2017

Mining begins on April 12, 2018

Description:
Our goal is simple: bring Einsteinium (EMC2) technology and community to an interconnected network of financial systems, giving them the ability to perform cross-chain transactions.

We have been watching the development of the Einsteinium project for some time now. We feel that the Einsteinium Dev team has made effective decisions about the technologies and capabilities that they have chosen in incorporate into the EMC2 system. They also have a good road map of the future development of the system.

Our fork of Einsteinium (EMC2) will be called Imagination (XIM). Our plan is to maintain 99% code compatibility with the EMC2 system. As the EMC2 Dev team publishes new releases and updates, we will merge those same code changes into our XIM fork. We will be making only the minimum amount of code changes necessary to facilitate the inter-connectivity with the other financial networks that we are connecting.

Why a fork?
We are not interested in having hashing wars.

Why not just contribute your changes to the Einsteinium project?
We would very pleased if the Einsteinium adopted our changes, but we cannot rely on their decision. We need to have the freedom to add the capabilities needed to reach our goal of bringing Einsteinium technology and community to inter-connectivity with other financial systems.

What does someone need to do in claim their free Imagination (XIM) coins?
XIM can only be claimed for EMC2 was held in the one of the Official Einsteinum wallets at block number 1671694 on November 20, 2017. You simply import your keys from your Official Einsteinum wallet to an Official Imagination wallet.

How much free coins will I receive?
For each 1 EMC2 that you have in your Official EMC2 wallet at the time of the fork, you will receive 1 XIM.

The Imagination (MAG) fork of the Einsteinium (EMC2) blockchain, 1:1, so no-premining, no-ico (it is like a full airdrop)

What is Imagination?

Algorithm: Scrypt PoW

Total Imagination: 299,792,458

Initial block value: 1024

Reward Reduction Method: Block Halving

Block Target Time: 60 seconds

Difficulty Re-targeting: per block (Kimoto Gravity Well)

RPC Port: 31679

P2P Port: 31678

Donation to faucets, give-aways, marketing, and infrastructure (per block): 2.5%

More details to come .....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdc (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:18:54 AM

Reserved
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 02:25:07 AM

Interesting.

What are the details of the coin/project?

#crysx

rdc (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:48:50 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 12:21:05 PM by rdc

As we mentioned in the ANN, we are implementing an interconnected network of various types of financial systems. The goal of this network of financial systems is to be able to transfer value safely and seamlessly from any of the connected systems to any one of the other connected financial systems.

We have added more details to the OP.

If you have more questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

- rdc

norcrypto

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:07:56 PM

Hi. i have had my EMC2 token on the exchange at the time of fork, will i get my imagination coins yet?
rdc (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:39:25 PM

Hi. i have had my EMC2 token on the exchange at the time of fork, will i get my imagination coins yet?

The Imagination fork is scheduled to happen around the 18th or 19th of this month, i.e. In just a couple days.

Before the Imagination fork, you should move your EMC2 to the official Einsteinium Excalibur wallet.

If you have your EMC2 coins in an official Einsteinium Excalibur wallet at the time of the Imagination fork, then you can claim you Imagination (MAG) coins 1:1 for each one of your EMC2 coins.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 04:49:15 AM

As we mentioned in the ANN, we are implementing an interconnected network of various types of financial systems. The goal of this network of financial systems is to be able to transfer value safely and seamlessly from any of the connected systems to any one of the other connected financial systems.

We have added more details to the OP.

If you have more questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

- rdc

I don't understand why you start a new profile to run this, if you are a long term user/developer.

Be that as it may, we (CWI) have been working on a number of projects in our own internal system, of which one is what you are trying to conceive. We know the work involved and the strugges that are prevalent in the coding of such a system (though ours is much more complex as it ties directly in with the rest of the CWI-EcoSystem), and I wonder what it is you are going to gain by forking EMC2 rather than just establishing a new coin for this project.

Why the anonymity firstly (new profile) and secondly, why the forking when it would probably be better to start a new coin?

We have a number fingers in different pies so to speak, so we know what is required with what you are saying 'will be'. So how are you looking at doing this, especially in light of a fork instead of a new coin?

#crysx

rdc (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:47:02 PM

Hello crysx, thank you for your questions.

I don't understand why you start a new profile to run this, if you are a long term user/developer.

This is actually the first and only account I have ever had on Bitcoin Forum. I created it in May of 2012. So that makes my account more than 5 years old.

Since this is the only Bitcoin Forum account that I have, I used it to announce our project.

Be that as it may, we (CWI) have been working on a number of projects in our own internal system, of which one is what you are trying to conceive. We know the work involved and the strugges that are prevalent in the coding of such a system

The coding of the protocol for connecting the various financial systems is actually complete. Right now we are simply implementing the infrastructure behind the connectivity. This means adding financial systems, one by one, to our existing interconnected group of financial systems.

Our Imagination fork of the Einsteinium blockchain, will produce a new financial network. This new network will be the next system to be interconnected with the other financial systems.

why the forking when it would probably be better to start a new coin?

We really are not interested in creating another coin. It is the Einsteinium Community and the Einsteinium technology that we are interested in.

By forking the existing Einsteinium blockchain and connecting the resulting network to an interconnected group of financial systems, we are sending out an open invitation.

We are inviting the whole Einsteinium Community to come claim their free Imagination (MAG) coins and to use them in ways that are still not possible with Einsteinium coins. We are inviting them to become part of our island of interconnected financial systems.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 04:19:55 AM

Hello crysx, thank you for your questions.

This is actually the first and only account I have ever had on Bitcoin Forum. I created it in May of 2012. So that makes my account more than 5 years old.

Since this is the only Bitcoin Forum account that I have, I used it to announce our project.

Be that as it may, we (CWI) have been working on a number of projects in our own internal system, of which one is what you are trying to conceive. We know the work involved and the strugges that are prevalent in the coding of such a system

The coding of the protocol for connecting the various financial systems is actually complete. Right now we are simply implementing the infrastructure behind the connectivity. This means adding financial systems, one by one, to our existing interconnected group of financial systems.

Our Imagination fork of the Einsteinium blockchain, will produce a new financial network. This new network will be the next system to be interconnected with the other financial systems.

why the forking when it would probably be better to start a new coin?

We really are not interested in creating another coin. It is the Einsteinium Community and the Einsteinium technology that we are interested in.

By forking the existing Einsteinium blockchain and connecting the resulting network to an interconnected group of financial systems, we are sending out an open invitation.

We are inviting the whole Einsteinium Community to come claim their free Imagination (MAG) coins and to use them in ways that are still not possible with Einsteinium coins. We are inviting them to become part of our island of interconnected financial systems.

Thanks for answering.

There are a number of challenges in such a system, but if done right can be quite a lucrative system indeed.

Though when you say the 'financial connectivity' is already done, we must be talking about a completely different system indeed. We have had struggles beyond what you would call the norm in what we are doing, and if you have breezed through doing what we are, then you are either fantastic coders that have every financial tool at your disposal, or working on just a basic form of financial exchange. Either way, it sounds good.

Piggybacking a successful project like EMC2 is a little beyond me, but I think if you have your project on the right path, and NOT in opposition to the path that EMC2 is taking, then you may be on the right track. I will keep a keen eye on this project.

Thanks,

#crysx

kurniawanj

Activity: 141

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:27:17 AM

seems MAG ticker has been used for magnatum
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 04:38:29 AM

seems MAG ticker has been used for magnatum

No - that is MGT.

#crysx

rdc (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:41:01 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:55:05 PM by rdc

XIM mining has begins today!

Binary wallets available: https://github.com/ImaginationInternational/imagination/releases/latest

Source code: https://github.com/ImaginationInternational/imagination/

Blockexplorer: https://explore.imagination.international

More information in the O.P.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: