Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] IN HAND Avalon Batch #2 Bitcoin Miner with escrow  (Read 1910 times)
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:44:43 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 10:27:49 PM by 01BTC10

1X Avalon Batch #2 Bitcoin miner with 3 modules hashing at 71GH/s. The miner will get shipped overnight (or the fastest option available) worldwide via DHL from Quebec/Canada.

Bitcoin will need to be sent to escrow within 3h or the transaction will get cancelled.

Auction start today at 18:22 EST.
Duration is 3 days.

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/40401-in-hand-avalon-batch-2-bitcoin-miner

EDIT: Please don't send a PM with your offer. Use the Bitmit website for bidding so it's fair for everyone. Escrow service is provided by Bitmit and I will not have access to your funds until you release it.

EDIT2: I can wait more than 3 hours for payment to escrow. Please contact me on Bitmit if you need more than 3 hours to move your funds.

EDIT3: Local pick-up is available. (Quebec/Canada)

01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:22:25 PM

Auction is now live.
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:00:07 AM

Price reduced to 100BTC please give me some action.  Smiley
groomsxxx

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:58:54 PM

I would buy now for 100 btc

Join and get up to 100% your profit every day  with Constantinople Ethereum Plus. www.constantinople.site
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:19:43 PM

I would buy now for 100 btc
This is an auction and there is already 1 bid at 100BTC.

See this link: https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/40401-in-hand-avalon-batch-2-bitcoin-miner
nikycoin

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:04:32 PM

Alors ta deja eu un premier bid ?
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:20:57 PM

Alors ta deja eu un premier bid ?
Affirmatif.
nikycoin

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:34:31 PM

Nice job ! Esti que j'aimerais avoir 10k in hand right now lol
tstang

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:21:45 PM

HI,

can i know why you want to sell it? At current Hash Rate, you can break even in 60 days?

Any warranty on the unit?
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:22:24 AM

EDIT2: I can wait more than 3 hours for payment to escrow. Please contact me on Bitmit if you need more than 3 hours to move your funds.
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:32:29 AM

HI,

can i know why you want to sell it? At current Hash Rate, you can break even in 60 days?

Any warranty on the unit?

It's hard to estimate how the rise in difficulty will impact profitability on mid/long term. I can't answer this question in case I'm wrong since it's speculation and there is so many variables in play. Maybe do some research on the forum there is a lot of discussions on the subject.

I think there is no warranty from Avalon (I might be wrong) but PSU and networking are standard parts. The unit look very sturdy and is hashing cool and stable. I've seen a module repair service announced somewhere on the forum.

I received some PM that I will answer tomorrow morning since I'm tired.
bitdigger2013

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 05:25:00 AM

Si j'avais 10K je serais venue le prendre je suis a montreal. I would just mine with it if I were you. Power not expensive here and you have one in hand early enough IMO.

Good luck and congrats on having it on hand.
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:38:35 AM

Si j'avais 10K je serais venue le prendre je suis a montreal. I would just mine with it if I were you. Power not expensive here and you have one in hand early enough IMO.

Good luck and congrats on having it on hand.
Unfortunately, I'm a student renting a small room. It's hot and noisy right now.  Undecided
Chrstian

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:42:19 AM

Excellent, another Avalon!  Would you accept Cash in hand and a local pickup?
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:11:11 AM

Excellent, another Avalon!  Would you accept Cash in hand and a local pickup?

I want Bitcoin but local pick-up is possible.
kosmokramer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:16:29 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 10:04:03 AM by kosmokramer

It's so hard to figure out what a practical price for this hardware is. Using the last five difficulty increases as a measure for upcoming difficulty (which, in my opinion, is VERY conservative), it appears that this unit will generate 128 BTC in the next 12 months. That's assuming free power.

In addition, if difficulty continues increasing at a rate similar to what it has been recently (~10% per week), difficulty will be 2.4 billion by the end of the 12 month period, making this device practically worthless at that time.

Granted, no one really knows what difficulty will look like (again, I personally believe the above estimates are conservative), but it appears that if buyers use logic when determining what to bid on this auction, they should bid no more than 128 BTC ... much less if they don't have free power!

EDIT: well I see the auction is now well beyond 128 BTC so apparently logic does not apply! (or some people disagree that difficulty will continue to rise ~10% per week for the next 52 weeks)

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
groomsxxx

Activity: 203

Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:53:02 PM

Its def going to be rising!!

Join and get up to 100% your profit every day  with Constantinople Ethereum Plus. www.constantinople.site
lazydna

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:54:54 PM

It's so hard to figure out what a practical price for this hardware is. Using the last five difficulty increases as a measure for upcoming difficulty (which, in my opinion, is VERY conservative), it appears that this unit will generate 128 BTC in the next 12 months. That's assuming free power.

In addition, if difficulty continues increasing at a rate similar to what it has been recently (~10% per week), difficulty will be 2.4 billion by the end of the 12 month period, making this device practically worthless at that time.

Granted, no one really knows what difficulty will look like (again, I personally believe the above estimates are conservative), but it appears that if buyers use logic when determining what to bid on this auction, they should bid no more than 128 BTC ... much less if they don't have free power!

EDIT: well I see the auction is now well beyond 128 BTC so apparently logic does not apply! (or some people disagree that difficulty will continue to rise ~10% per week for the next 52 weeks)

yep, people are failing at the basic math.
the risk involved for the margins is so thin, I can't believe people at willing to drop so much for a used unit.
I still can't believe someone bid 185 for ONE 3module avalon on another thread. that fella will never see a return.

it's the asic USB miner mentality, only with a lot more money. lol

01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:33:41 AM

the risk involved for the margins is so thin, I can't believe people at willing to drop so much for a used unit.
I still can't believe someone bid 185 for ONE 3module avalon on another thread. that fella will never see a return.

Yet some people called GPU mining to be dying during fall of 2012. I lost a huge amount of potential profit listening to them when I sold my mining rig expecting the market to get flooded by used GPU and canceled a 300GPU farm project. There is much factor involved that attempting to estimate potential profit is speculation imo.

This unit is mining since friday so it's like new. Call-it a burnin test that will pay for free express shipping.

Less than 22H left.
lazydna

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:45:52 AM

Yet some people called GPU mining to be dying during fall of 2012. I lost a huge amount of potential profit listening to them when I sold my mining rig expecting the market to get flooded by used GPU and canceled a 300GPU farm project. There is much factor involved that attempting to estimate potential profit is speculation imo.

Less than 22H left.
well, spread sheets don't lie.
the margins are razor for 70g/hash machines assuming this scenario
10% increase every 11days, no electrical costs, no pool fee, no unforeseen consequences. you start mining today.

over 1 year period, you will accrue 210BTC.

@ 15% you accrue 151BTC.

keep in mind, we won't plateau on network hash as BFL will keep churning out their units, avalons sold 500,000 DIY chips and KNC w/, supposedly, 23nm chips. bitfury has a working 120g/hash machine @ 2100usd.

once the dust settles, I can see a asic farm making good money. but the arms race hasn't even reached an armistice yet.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: