Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I switch my career in blockchain technology?  (Read 499 times)
safirin (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:20:06 AM

Pardon me if i put my question on wrong group or repeat the question which discuss earlier.

I am software develop mostly worked on backend service. Quite new in blockchain and bitcoin technology.

I try to learn the Blockchain and bitcoin, also some altcoin technology. Just to mention now I have basic understanding what blockchain is. How bitcoin work and even how mining is done on bitcoin. I have good understanding on hassing and merkle tree data structure.

As blockchain industry going very fast, facing some issue regarding what to follow and what's not.

Its realy helpfull for me if someone give me basic guide line to start your career with blockchain technology.

What are the thinks i have to learn before i can start development.
What are the forum or community i have to follow.

Thanks in advance.
Bitcoin Gambling

Activity: 206

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 10:54:00 AM

U may start here - https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/money-and-banking/bitcoin/v/bitcoin-overview

irvinwelsh

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:07:09 AM

Why not to contribute for open source project or use stackexchange to learn more deeply and later try to make something on your own? It's pretty same as to grow as back-end developer. Only topics are different
LupeKidman

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:48:29 PM

visit the Blockshow .. it can help you to grasp in crypto world,bkockchain and other questions
vbcrypto

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:24:41 PM

Pardon me if i put my question on wrong group or repeat the question which discuss earlier.

I am software develop mostly worked on backend service. Quite new in blockchain and bitcoin technology.

I try to learn the Blockchain and bitcoin, also some altcoin technology. Just to mention now I have basic understanding what blockchain is. How bitcoin work and even how mining is done on bitcoin. I have good understanding on hassing and merkle tree data structure.

As blockchain industry going very fast, facing some issue regarding what to follow and what's not.

Its realy helpfull for me if someone give me basic guide line to start your career with blockchain technology.

Thanks in advance.

Use this service coindesk.com , a lot of information for beginners.
safirin (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:10:59 PM

Thank you @Bitcoin Gambling for useful information, I just complated https://www.coursera.org/learn/cryptocurrency course, more or less content are same. What is the next steps?

Appreciated your help.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:36:23 PM

Try looking at the services under market place section, I seen projects looking to employ developers. Alternatively, you can find the company you like and try looking at the career page. I remember project like Tenx has opening for developers. Good luck.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 04:45:18 PM

Try looking at the services under market place section, I seen projects looking to employ developers. Alternatively, you can find the company you like and try looking at the career page. I remember project like Tenx has opening for developers. Good luck.

he was trying to learn yet which is why he is looking for more information and guide to learn all about what he learned which was all just basics. mind you if this guy learned almost very thing, he may have a bright idea of his own for a development of a new coin. everyone has to start with a guide.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
DarnellL

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 04:51:17 PM

If you've got a solid background in backend, I suggest you to monitor your local job postings every day.

Also follow on Linkedin and built up the connections with ICO organizators.

There's a huge chance to get a great job, because crypto is hottest topic of 2017.

Just try being social and communicate with relevant people. Show what you can offer, that's my 5 cents.

You'll build up your skills during the work instead of courses and other theoretic stuff.
crypto-curious

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:21:35 AM

Search for Coursera's free course on blockchain/cryptography by Princeton University.

Also try to learn more about Solidity Development (Ethereum's website is a fantastic resource) - also Udemy courses are available for pretty cheap.

CrisBrown12121997

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:29:16 AM

visit the Blockshow .. it can help you to grasp in crypto world,bkockchain and other questions

the meeting will be soon.. Do you have a discount?
safirin (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:54:01 AM

Thanks in advance.

Use this service coindesk.com , a lot of information for beginners.

Thanks for the information, got lots of useful information in coindesk.com
safirin (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:00:43 AM

he was trying to learn yet which is why he is looking for more information and guide to learn all about what he learned which was all just basics. mind you if this guy learned almost very thing, he may have a bright idea of his own for a development of a new coin. everyone has to start with a guide.

completly agree with you what i learned till now are basics. If i start working with basic knowledge i might get project, even can deliver but quality of deliver differ a lot. I believe to build the minimum knowledge first then start the career. What i believe is that basic knowledge what i get till now, is not enough.

Thank you for your valuable input, it will definitely help me to grow.
safirin (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:10:26 AM

If you've got a solid background in backend, I suggest you to monitor your local job postings every day.

Also follow on Linkedin and built up the connections with ICO organizators.

There's a huge chance to get a great job, because crypto is hottest topic of 2017.

Just try being social and communicate with relevant people. Show what you can offer, that's my 5 cents.

You'll build up your skills during the work instead of courses and other theoretic stuff.

What I believe without minimum knowledge, if you start the job you can't perform well. Its true you'll build up your skills during the work instead of theoretic courses, still you need minimum theoretic knowledge to kick start your career.
safirin (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:23:12 AM

Search for Coursera's free course on blockchain/cryptography by Princeton University.

Also try to learn more about Solidity Development (Ethereum's website is a fantastic resource) - also Udemy courses are available for pretty cheap.

Thank you for the information. Already started learing Solidity.
icochick

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:27:23 PM

If you join any slack channels I'm sure you can learn from the DEV team there as well as learn more about the Crypto Community and expectations and build up your network.
safirin (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:43:38 AM

If you join any slack channels I'm sure you can learn from the DEV team there as well as learn more about the Crypto Community and expectations and build up your network.

Can you suggest slack channels url which is good for new learner.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: