Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:50:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 facts about Appcoins, should You invest in it?  (Read 474 times)
hua_hui (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:19:14 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 07:43:30 AM by hua_hui

Hi Cryptoer,

Recently I came across this ICO Appcoins and it seems like more and more people are recommending it. So i decide to research more and share some findings with you all. Since Appcoins is developed by Aptoide and I feel that Aptoide is important for the development on Appcoins, some of the facts will be based on Aptoide.

1. History
Aptoide started way back as a proposal in 2009. In Q4 of 2010, it was launched in Bazaar Andriod Site as the site allows user to create their own store. In Aug 2012, Aptoide grew at such a tremendously speed and one of the huge milestone is that it merged with Bazaar Andriod brand. From there, it moved on to Europe in 2011, Asia in 2015.

2. Business
Aptoide has very good foundation. It is situated internally with offices in Portugal, China and Singapore. It has 100 members in the team. (10 will be working on Appcoins.) The team is very experience in App Store field and so far, their strategy has been proven to be working effectively.

3. Customer and Developer Base
The 2 key components in Aptoide is the Customer base and developer base. For customer base, claiming as the 3rd largest App store, the data i can find is  - 200 or 150million users (diff source quote differently)
- 4 million downloads of the app
- 800k app
- 300k stores
The number of users seem to be growing at quite a constant speed. Reaching out to 150mil is no small feat. Some other facts: Enjin has 18.7mil registered users while Kin kik has 300million registered users. However, do take note that Kin Kik is a declining business when it is ICO-ing. It seems to me that Aptoide is still growing. What attract me in the app is that there are exclusive app in Apotide. The exclusive app will make Apotide an edge over any uprising competitors. Another way to look at how the developer is supporting Apotide is to have a look at Github. There is regular updates on Github.

4. VC Funding
VC has strict guidelines and regulation to select their clients. So usually, those ICO which has previously VC funding is believed to be a reputable company with demo or working products and potential growth in the long run. 2013, Aptoide has VC funding of 750,000 euro. In 2015, 3.7mil of euro VC funding.

5. Appcoins Utilization
One of the most important question is how Appcoins integrate to the ecosystem. It is quite similar to many other concept where it is use as a payment method however I see somewhere that Appcoins has created a interesting concept called 'Proof of Attention' where the developer can track if the user has installed his app and uses it or not.

6. Developer Trust
It is a arguable opinion on whether developer trust is good to be centralise or decentralise. In Appcoins, they aim to make the trusting issue to be decentralised so there is a universal transparent trust system. Since in crypto, it can be a preferable choice to decentralise things, it may not be so receptive to the general public/users. Since I am not a tech guy, I am unable to figure out how the trust system work so there is a little sense of insecurity, given that majority of the team members are not too well verse in crypto.

7. Blockchain Awareness
Although the team is quite new in blockchain and crypto, they do their due diligence (which increase my confidence given my previous point). They are aware of the limitation and have openly reason on their decision-making. It appears to the team that they are open for bigger solutions and are more community-centered team.

8. Competitor
What is assuring to me is that the team looks into details on who is their competitors. They looks at things in different layers and it shows that they are very well thought out and serious in their business planning. On one layer, they are looking at the blockchain level with competitor like Tezos and Iota. On a lower layer, they look at ICOs with a bit of similar concepts like BAT, Kin and Monetha.

So will you be investing in Appcoins???

Visit the ANN Appcoins thread to find out more. ANN Bitcointalk
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:26:54 PM

Very nice write up. Here is the link to that ANN Bounty thread.
📱 AppCoins - The New Blockchain-Based Protocol For The App Stores 🔋

The signature bounty campaign is still available. Right now there are not a lot of people so you will stand to get more tokens due to the staking system.

hua_hui (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:45:15 PM

I have seen people start to ask what is 'Proof-of-Attention'. So I think it is good to answer here as well.

From what I çan understand and interpret from the Appcoins meetup in Singapore, the 'Proof-of-Attention' (unofficial term) is based on the ecosystem when the users download a certain app and uses it, they are paid in tokens depending on the level of usage/online. So the more they use a certain app, the more token they can gain. This will also in term feedback to the developers on usage patterns of their respective user. This whole process is term 'Proof-of-Attention', and you can see it as the user 'mining'+playing the game at the same time.

One key thing to take note is that the token issued to the user is locked (in another words, they can transferred or use it) until they spent a certain amount.

Very nice write up. Here is the link to that ANN Bounty thread.
📱 AppCoins - The New Blockchain-Based Protocol For The App Stores 🔋

The signature bounty campaign is still available. Right now there are not a lot of people so you will stand to get more tokens due to the staking system.

You are right. I did not check on the bounty campaign but I am surprised based on the number of people in that campaign.
dwnrck

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:24:47 PM

finally. glad to see people are starting to notice appcoins  Grin
Yellowsanta

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:34:58 PM

Your post was very helpful. Actually i want to invest in AppCoins but still have some questions. It's a good opportunity and i don't want to waste it.  Undecided

cryptoquesting

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:42:50 PM

I have invested the minimum, but still want to see how it grows when the public sale opens
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:59:18 PM

Very nice&short article. They don't have that high scores at different ICO trackers but I like this project. They they know the market, they have business and workable product. I have already invested 10% from my ICO portfolio with 30% bonus.

hua_hui (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:13:48 PM

finally. glad to see people are starting to notice appcoins  Grin

Haha appcoins has great customer base and working products. I also not sure why it is not hype like other projects.

Your post was very helpful. Actually i want to invest in AppCoins but still have some questions. It's a good opportunity and i don't want to waste it.  Undecided

I can try to help if i can. Or you can go to their telegram to ask. So far the respond is quite good.

I have invested the minimum, but still want to see how it grows when the public sale opens

Nice. It is quite a good project. So no matter what, in the long run it will be a good investment. I am still holding my blockmason and it is finally giving me profit and getting more exposure.

Very nice&short article. They don't have that high scores at different ICO trackers but I like this project. They they know the market, they have business and workable product. I have already invested 10% from my ICO portfolio with 30% bonus.

Yes, I have read reviews on the youtube channels. Some give 6, 7 and 8. So that is why i post my research here and ask for everyone opinion. 30% bonus is quite safe, good choice.
hua_hui (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:45:11 AM

Some people say that they have difficulties to find the thread or check the information. So I have include the bitcointalk ANN Appcoins thread at the end of my 1st post and from there, you can link to all the information on Appcoins.
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:34:30 AM

Some people say that they have difficulties to find the thread or check the information. So I have include the bitcointalk ANN Appcoins thread at the end of my 1st post and from there, you can link to all the information on Appcoins.

It has been some time since I last visited this thread. I still think this has been an amazing thread with such great insight into the Appcoins ICO. I have shared this on their ANN thread, i hope you dont mind about it.

FunnyAttitude

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:33:14 AM

I know i may be late to this thread but I am right now planning to invest into Appcoin ICO. After reading your thread, I am more firm in want to get the ICO. What else do i need to look out for???
BlockJohn

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:37:28 AM

I wanted to invest in AppCoins in the pre-sale but I was not eligible. I have iphone and not an Aptoide user.
Can I invest in the sale ? What are the limits ?
Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:42:25 AM

Good summary of the AppCoins project. Really enjoy to lear more (although I already knew it).
I think though that it's not 4 million downloads, but 4 billion downloads. At least in the https://appcoins.io site, it's the number there.

Looking to their popularity, higher than Ethereum, I think it's 4 billion:
https://trends.google.pt/trends/explore?q=aptoide,filecoin,omisego
lgpinto

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:56:23 AM

I invested on the pre-sale, but if there's a discount on the main sale I might invest some more. I'm really interested in the tech they describe tbh
sophiasophia22

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:59:12 AM

It looks like very helpful post, but frankly speaking I haven't heard about Appcoins before
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:11:29 AM

@hua_hui, I don't know if you are paid for bringing this project to the front but you have done a great job for the team, effort like this is priceless, I have looked into the project myself several times but surprised it is not gaining the deserved attention on this forum, maybe the team have other targeted market they are looking into

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
FunnyAttitude

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:33:18 PM

@hua_hui, I don't know if you are paid for bringing this project to the front but you have done a great job for the team, effort like this is priceless, I have looked into the project myself several times but surprised it is not gaining the deserved attention on this forum, maybe the team have other targeted market they are looking into

Hua_hui did bring it up here. It is me who brought it up. I have no idea if he is paid or not but I joined bitcointalk is to find out more about Appcoins and this is what i came across. Very informative for me. I have yet to see such details on other places yet.
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:34:38 PM

Hi Cryptoer,

Recently I came across this ICO Appcoins and it seems like more and more people are recommending it. So i decide to research more and share some findings with you all. Since Appcoins is developed by Aptoide and I feel that Aptoide is important for the development on Appcoins, some of the facts will be based on Aptoide.

1. History
Aptoide started way back as a proposal in 2009. In Q4 of 2010, it was launched in Bazaar Andriod Site as the site allows user to create their own store. In Aug 2012, Aptoide grew at such a tremendously speed and one of the huge milestone is that it merged with Bazaar Andriod brand. From there, it moved on to Europe in 2011, Asia in 2015.

2. Business
Aptoide has very good foundation. It is situated internally with offices in Portugal, China and Singapore. It has 100 members in the team. (10 will be working on Appcoins.) The team is very experience in App Store field and so far, their strategy has been proven to be working effectively.

3. Customer and Developer Base
The 2 key components in Aptoide is the Customer base and developer base. For customer base, claiming as the 3rd largest App store, the data i can find is  - 200 or 150million users (diff source quote differently)
- 4 million downloads of the app
- 800k app
- 300k stores
The number of users seem to be growing at quite a constant speed. Reaching out to 150mil is no small feat. Some other facts: Enjin has 18.7mil registered users while Kin kik has 300million registered users. However, do take note that Kin Kik is a declining business when it is ICO-ing. It seems to me that Aptoide is still growing. What attract me in the app is that there are exclusive app in Apotide. The exclusive app will make Apotide an edge over any uprising competitors. Another way to look at how the developer is supporting Apotide is to have a look at Github. There is regular updates on Github.

4. VC Funding
VC has strict guidelines and regulation to select their clients. So usually, those ICO which has previously VC funding is believed to be a reputable company with demo or working products and potential growth in the long run. 2013, Aptoide has VC funding of 750,000 euro. In 2015, 3.7mil of euro VC funding.

5. Appcoins Utilization
One of the most important question is how Appcoins integrate to the ecosystem. It is quite similar to many other concept where it is use as a payment method however I see somewhere that Appcoins has created a interesting concept called 'Proof of Attention' where the developer can track if the user has installed his app and uses it or not.

6. Developer Trust
It is a arguable opinion on whether developer trust is good to be centralise or decentralise. In Appcoins, they aim to make the trusting issue to be decentralised so there is a universal transparent trust system. Since in crypto, it can be a preferable choice to decentralise things, it may not be so receptive to the general public/users. Since I am not a tech guy, I am unable to figure out how the trust system work so there is a little sense of insecurity, given that majority of the team members are not too well verse in crypto.

7. Blockchain Awareness
Although the team is quite new in blockchain and crypto, they do their due diligence (which increase my confidence given my previous point). They are aware of the limitation and have openly reason on their decision-making. It appears to the team that they are open for bigger solutions and are more community-centered team.

8. Competitor
What is assuring to me is that the team looks into details on who is their competitors. They looks at things in different layers and it shows that they are very well thought out and serious in their business planning. On one layer, they are looking at the blockchain level with competitor like Tezos and Iota. On a lower layer, they look at ICOs with a bit of similar concepts like BAT, Kin and Monetha.

So will you be investing in Appcoins???

Visit the ANN Appcoins thread to find out more. ANN Bitcointalk
That coin really seems like it won't be here when things get rough. Does the whole team have any reliable information on them?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
droidico

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:48:27 AM

Great to come across this post - I agree that there's not enough info about AppCoins on here. I invested a small amount in the pre-sale just to test it out and I got my tokens almost immediately. I also checked with the team on Telegram and they seem to be very responsive on there, so maybe that's one of the channels they use the most? I'm looking forward to investing some more once the ICO starts and will definitely keep an eye out.
bitlayer

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:35:49 PM

@easynote What makes you think so? As far as I understood, the cryptocurrency will keep on going in the industry, backed by developers, users and OEMs (and any other player I may be forgetting)...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: