Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:48:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone Buy Out MTGOX Please!  (Read 2263 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:49:48 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 02:07:49 AM by freedomno1

As for MTGOX; I beg with all my heart for someone on Wall Street to please BUY OUT THIS COMPANY!

Gordon Gecko should get right on it or a Wizard

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 02:02:17 AM

did you know that it originally stood for : Magic The Gathering Online eXchange?

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:14:06 AM

They practically were being bought out by Coinlab [selling off 80%+ of their customers], til they even screwed that up and ended getting sued instead.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:08:03 AM

Why would anyone buy MtGox Huh

Legal dramas with coinlab, seized funds at Dwolla, bad reputation and even hate amongst the community.

If anyone buys MtGox, they would be walking into a mine field.

The reputation, could be fixed with time if they do a great job.

The liability due to legal dramas is another matter ... who would want to walk into an $80 million lawsuit drama?

Better to build from scratch.

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:23:15 AM

Because you know exactly what a global company built on an experimental business model is, and how its suppose to run Roll Eyes

The only people in the world right now that know how to run Mt gox is the people at Mt gox !

I'm sorry but its easy to criticize but you have absolutely no understanding of the complexity that mt gox has to deal with here on a global scale.

Personally i don't understand all the hate surrounding Mt gox its not like they hold everyones coins like BFL, you have a choice not to use them  Roll Eyes

+1

Im sick and tired of people criticizing, yelling, and screaming.  OP is clueless.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:22:57 AM

They practically were being bought out by Coinlab [selling off 80%+ of their customers], til they even screwed that up and ended getting sued instead.

Where do you get that number? Are you saying 80% of MtGox users are in the United States?

idee2013

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:40:11 AM

In the Age of corporate buyouts and takeovers, you would think that someone would have bought out MTGOX already!

The company's incompetence is staggering, with blunder after corporate blunder.

I could not even make it all the way through the ridiculous press release here:

https://www.facebook.com/MtGox/posts/484532824964463

All they offer is excuse after excuse...

Overload of your IT infrastructure and poor banking logistics is no excuse. It just means a lack of vision on your part. Anyone with half a brain could have seen where crypto was going.

I have seen less complex deals take place on wall street in a shorter amount of time than that which you have had to fix all of these problems.

I have also seen way more complex infrastructure implementation/provisioning in shorter amount of time.

As for MTGOX; I beg with all my heart for someone on Wall Street to please BUY OUT THIS COMPANY!

this issues are not new at btc exchanges. bitcoin-24.com had the same problems because that a normal bank accounts.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:40:56 AM

Dont know if it as been reported in the bitcointalk forum, but this has been posted today in the "Agora Financial's 5 minutes forcast" : http://5minforecast.agorafinancial.com/look-what-came-out-of-the-shadows/
I like their newletter, and they are know to be right most of the time.  Their tought are'nt mainstream, and they often get the "doomsayer" tag from other financial media.

this part is in the 2:45 section !

"You can bet Bitcoin will be next," Wired reader Sammy Jenkins predicted in the comments section exactly 24 days ago.

"If Bitcoins become a good way to avoid government surveillance of your financial transactions," another Wired reader, wiredog, quotes The Daily Beast's Megan McArdle, "then governments will find a way to choke off those entry points so that Bitcoins become very illiquid, indeed."

These readers were discussing an article on last month's crackdown on Liberty Reserve, a Costa Rica-based digital currency service billing itself as the "oldest, safest and most popular payment processor, serving millions all around the world."

"The service," Wired writes, "was allegedly favored by cybercriminals and mules who participated in a recent $45 million coordinated bank heist that involved laundering cash that was drained from two Middle Eastern banks via ATMs around the world."

The founder, Arthur Budovsky, along with six employees, was indicted in the United States in what investigators call the largest international money-laundering case ever prosecuted.

We bring this up a month later in light of recent developments coming from the Bitcoin block...

"The world's best-known Bitcoin exchange," Wired writes by way of update, "stopped paying out customers in U.S. dollars on June 20."

For the next two weeks, Mt. Gox is suspending all U.S. dollar withdrawals... making the Bitcoin illiquidity prediction passed on by "wiredog" last month stick out in our minds.

The issue? According to Mt. Gox's Thomas Glucksmann-Smith, it has to do with "processing the sheer volume through our banks in Japan, which is causing a delay," he relayed through email.

"But," Wired notes, "the Japanese company has fallen afoul of regulators and is clearly under pressure in the U.S."

If you recall, it was only a month ago that the Department of Homeland Security froze a Wells Fargo account that Mt. Gox had been using to transfer U.S. dollars.

Two theories abound in the Bitcoin blogosphere: government conspiracy against the crypto-currency... or we truly are witnessing an unprecedented global rush into Bitcoin.

Time will tell....
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:41:00 PM

In the Age of corporate buyouts and takeovers, you would think that someone would have bought out MTGOX already!

May 15 19:38:18 <Enky>   kerpeles finally going to jail:)
May 15 19:39:27 <Enky>   Effect of non compliance with MSB State License in the USA?
May 15 19:39:27 <Enky>   - Failure to comply with US State money services licensing requirements could result in up to five years in prison and a fine up to $250,000...for each violation. The specifics can be found in 18 USC 1960 "Prohibition of Unlicensed Money Transmitting Businesses":
May 15 19:40:01 <kakobrekla>   ya but he is a frenchie in japan
May 15 19:40:02 <mircea_popescu>   Enky im sure they're going to tack wire fraud in there somewhere
May 15 19:40:05 <inhies>   ...each violation
May 15 19:40:07 <inhies>   ouch
May 15 19:40:10 <mircea_popescu>   plus conspiracy seeing how that'd be darn easy to prove
May 15 19:40:11 <Enky>   wire fraud is up to 20 yrs of jail
May 15 19:40:41 <KRS-1>   I believe conspiracy is hard to prove.
May 15 19:40:51 <mircea_popescu>   Enky any one person still waiting for their funds could testify for that. such as https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179586.msg2155341#msg2155341
May 15 19:41:04 <mircea_popescu>   KRS-1 conspiracy is the easiest to prove, are you kidding ?
May 15 19:41:22 <maximian>   He's probably in big shit. Japan does enforce U.S. judgements.
May 15 19:41:40 <ThickAsThieves>   so can anyone weigh in as to whether CampBx might suffer the same fate?
May 15 19:41:49 <mircea_popescu>   maximian he's in one of those positions where his only practical way is finding someone bigger to rat on
May 15 19:41:53 <inhies>   im sure it probably could
May 15 19:41:57 <ThickAsThieves>   is there a way to look up if they are properly licensed etc
May 15 19:42:00 <mircea_popescu>   luckily most of the larger players had enough sense to listen and gtfo
May 15 19:42:03 <inhies>   is anyone aware of any US exchnages that are 100% legal?
May 15 19:42:07 <mircea_popescu>   if any didn't... well...
May 15 19:42:13 <maximian>   It's his name on the registration documents though
May 15 19:42:38 <mircea_popescu>   ThickAsThieves afaik the only properly licensed exchange was bitcoion=-central
May 15 19:42:39 <mircea_popescu>   it sunk.
May 15 19:42:52 <kakobrekla>   i dont think legal btc in states is even possible
May 15 19:42:56 <maximian>   Maybe he'll get a suspended sentence if he's lucky, but he'll probably have to resign from mt. gox
May 15 19:43:05 <Enky>   he will sell it
May 15 19:43:09 <mircea_popescu>   nobody will buy.
May 15 19:43:18 <Enky>   the customer base could be interesting
May 15 19:43:18 <ThickAsThieves>   it must be possible
May 15 19:43:22 <mircea_popescu>   he has nothing to sell. his engine is a laughingstock, his brand name is like enron's
May 15 19:43:24 <ThickAsThieves>   people deal in currencies all the time
May 15 19:43:25 <mircea_popescu>   too late for him now.
May 15 19:43:39 <ThickAsThieves>   and cash as well
May 15 19:43:45 <mircea_popescu>   ThickAsThieves people. not retarded children with neckbeards. people.

Last month's news.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: