Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:00:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Portfolio for 20K USD  (Read 856 times)
CrMg (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:13:57 PM

Ok, so here's the deal: apart from active trading which I'm writing about here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2331769.0 (BTW join in, we as a community need more quality trading ideas and not just retards who spam the thread with off-top messages for yet another bounty campaign)

I would like to invest 20K USD for a period of 3 month and not to touch this poortfolio at all, to see how passive portfolio crypto-investing works. My bearable drawdown is around 20% (i feel comfortable with the magnitude of this). So what would be an ideal portfolio to do so? Any suggestions? I'm thinking BTC + top ALTS, 5-10 assets within the portfolio.

Any suggestions are welcome!

rohqit

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:48:39 PM

I think your initial plan to get BTC and top alts is a good one. However I suggest setting aside a portion to buy during dips to dollar cost average instead of selling at a loss. Your 30% drawdown may be hit easily given the high volatility of crytos but shouldnt be a selling point. Plan to hold and you should be fine
CrMg (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:11:25 PM

I think your initial plan to get BTC and top alts is a good one. However I suggest setting aside a portion to buy during dips to dollar cost average instead of selling at a loss. Your 30% drawdown may be hit easily given the high volatility of crytos but shouldnt be a selling point. Plan to hold and you should be fine

By "dollar cost average" you mean if i bought BTC now, i could get my avg. position price better if it dips e.g. to 5000 and I buy there more?
rohqit

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:43:58 PM

By "dollar cost average" you mean if i bought BTC now, i could get my avg. position price better if it dips e.g. to 5000 and I buy there more?

That is exactly right, it is by far the best trading strategy. Another thing you should consider is setting a firm profit target x1 or x2 until you recoup your initial investment. Then you are trading risk free and can continue to rebuy the dips and other more high risk but high reward alts and icos. Or just stay long term if you dont have the time to keep track of it all Wink.
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:58:02 PM

Yes, now Bitcoin price is falling so i propose you wait when it price achieve this 5000$ If you buy now Btc your profit will be smaller
Kang TB

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

Revolutionizing Reward Points

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Yes, now Bitcoin price is falling so i propose you wait when it price achieve this 5000$ If you buy now Btc your profit will be smaller

so, your predictions Bitcoin will going down and hit $5000 again ?
my opinion the down of bitcoin price is about $5800 - $6000 not less than that

SHREW
     ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                
DISCOUNTED
PRE-SALE
LIVE NOW !
      ████
  ███
 ███
 ███
███
███
███
███
 ███
 ███
  ███
   ████
   Revolutionizing
         Reward Points  
████
  ███
   ███
   ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
   ███
   ███
  ███
████
       ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                

BUY SHREW

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
foggywhite007

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:44:17 PM

so, your predictions Bitcoin will going down and hit $5000 again ?
my opinion the down of bitcoin price is about $5800 - $6000 not less than that

if you look at the wave analysis, then the price should go below 5400. I think it is quite real now still a small increase to 7000 thousand then rollback, because the end of the year whales will record profits. Slowly the price will go down in December ...

coastbank

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:01:08 PM

Nice. There are good coins in the market starting with bitcoin, ethereum, qtum, omisego, neo. And there are speculative coins I can name by iota, bitquence. You should look into these coins and choose yourself.

thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:52:16 PM

Come on... With amount like this investing in top 3 would be the best opportunity to just increase your saving with x Times.
dinoloverpete

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:58:47 PM

Ok, so here's the deal: apart from active trading which I'm writing about here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2331769.0 (BTW join in, we as a community need more quality trading ideas and not just retards who spam the thread with off-top messages for yet another bounty campaign)

I would like to invest 20K USD for a period of 3 month and not to touch this poortfolio at all, to see how passive portfolio crypto-investing works. My bearable drawdown is around 20% (i feel comfortable with the magnitude of this). So what would be an ideal portfolio to do so? Any suggestions? I'm thinking BTC + top ALTS, 5-10 assets within the portfolio.

Good plan and you seem to basically have the fundamentals down of being bitcoin heavy with a selection of alts to back it up. Given it seems you're really looking at passive income I would suggest sticking with the main alts like eth, ltc, dash etc and then maybe only select 1/2 low value alts that you feel have the potential to really blow up in the 3 months you suggested.

amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:10:30 PM

Many will suggest you coins which they might be holding themselves or trying to sell off their shit bags by creating fake buzz about the coin. I will suggest you to go through coinmarketcap.com and check each and every top 25 coins, than pick one which haven't pumped hard in last few months despite the huge marketcap it have. Now make some research around this coin to find the real reason behind it, if there is not big reason for such stagnancy than you have found your gold mine.

I am doing this and have got few good profit in last few months.

ETC, OMG, CSNO, XMR and obviously ETH can be safer coin to invest but don't expect to get 2x within short time from these.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
CrMg (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:50:48 PM

Wow, nice info guys, thank you everybody!

In my experience, just holding BTC is better than active trading or potfolio investing =) and I like the idea of buying BTC lower, as some of the people here have said. If BTC doesn't manage to break above current level, the move lower is very likely, i would then watch for new lows, big volumes, and ultra-high volatility before going long. https://www.tradingview.com/x/P3OdQpmu/

I was thinking about calculating the vol. of portfolio or even optimizing portfolio weights based on recent volatility, at first sight this seems to be useless, as cryptomarket volatility is so high, i would end-up having most of my portfolio in cash. But I will still play with it just for fun. has anyone done that?

MickeyT2008

Activity: 350

This account was recently hacked

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:09:37 PM

Bitcoin has been giving us much more returns that all those annoying altcoins that are on the market, it is just an advice, you are not going to make a lot of money in just three months, because the altcoin market is pretty freezed nowadays.
If you really want to make profit, just buy bitcoin, it is going to pump to more than ten thousand dollars once that the CME starts to add bitcoin to it's futures list, so this is the best moment to jump in.
Good luck with that.

This account has recently been hacked and taken over, I haven't posted anything for about two years.  Whoever has been using it and pretending to be me is a scammer.
Calangaman

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:20:58 PM

If you are unconfortable with a -20% temporary drawback, you should not into the crypto world.

But if you think that the current investment universe if going nowhere, you can check my current holdings:
- BTC, the digital coin you must have some: 40%
- LTC, the antechamner of BTC with tech specs way above BTC, long term hedge: 20%
- VTC: what BTC should have been all about in the very first place. Best tech, best devs deeply undervalued: 20%
- MONA: the only Japanese coin. When Trump decides to ban cryptos, you may want to own a coin that is fully Japanese whereas Japan is the only country that give cryptos legal tender: 20%
javalemcgee

Activity: 215

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:21:10 PM

You can obtain a good portfolio with $20,000 and you need to draw yourself a plan. Bitcoin can be the majority, around $10,000 to $15,000 on your portfolio. ETH also should be there around $5,000. You can also add some more top altcoins, avoid ICO tokens pleae. They're not stable.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:06:54 PM

The best thing that you can do is just buy two bitcoins, and just invest the rest on other altcoins that you really see tentative.
Two bitcoins will cost you around 13 thousand dollars, and you have other 7 thousand to invest in other altcoins, but you really need to look for more information about the projects that you really want to invest.
Ethereum and Monero are the best ones if you are looking for a middle term, they are the best ones, but i dont think that they will make more than x2 in just three months.

Hello
Blackfurysm

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:26:30 AM

I want to invest some money in networking and go to the good conference  (https://blockshowasia.com/) I'm sure I'll find great ideas and insights... What do you think guys about it?
Geronemo

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:37:14 AM

CrMg
20%-BTC, ETH
10% - Dash, Neo, LTC, XMR, Lisk, Zec
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:42:54 AM

Put 30% on bitcoin.
Then put the rest on altcoin.

The altcoin i recommend to you :
1. Neo ( reason : you can generate gas by staking Neo )
2. Waves ( reason : you can leased your waves, waves will have waves-NG which they claimed will be the most speed transaction )
3. Boscoin ( probably will be the next eth or neo 10k boscoin for staking )
4. Exscudo ( probably will be the next waves but will provide more security, 25k for masternodes )
5. Spectre ( you can get dividend for holding it )
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:18:37 AM

The idea is good but to invest for only a few months is not a good idea, if you want to test the waters of what you can expect why not just look at the previous 3 months and see how the coins behaved in that time frame, investing for the long term, especially since you are planning to only invest in the top 5 or top 10 coins, seems like a better idea to me but at the end it is your decision.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: