Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:12:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitSyncom, will all the chip orders ship together?  (Read 11450 times)
gill83 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:07:05 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 12:47:07 AM by gill83

If I were to order 10,000 chips today, will they be shipped 2 months after the people who ordered on April 20th? Or 2 weeks? Or 2 days?

What I understand is, you are getting the chips made from the foundry in one giant order. And why wouldn't you? The bigger the order, the cheaper per chip you would have to pay.

Please answer this question. I am sure if there is not much difference between the shipment time, you will receive as many more orders as you have already received! I for sure will be ordering right away.

Thank you!
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 03:22:37 AM

Not sure if he will respond but I believe May 1st was the cutoff for the first round of chip orders. I'm not sure if another order has been placed with the foundry?

gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:29:17 AM

Not sure if he will respond but I believe May 1st was the cutoff for the first round of chip orders. I'm not sure if another order has been placed with the foundry?

Any sources for your belief?
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:47:59 AM

Why isn't BitSyncom more clear and transparent in this regard? I didn't buy into TerraHash pre-order, because its much better and cheaper to buy your own chips and get them assembled. I missed most of the earlier group buys (I actually didn't have much money couple months ago). I have the money now, but I don't know whether to buy Avalon chips, or buy into KNC. If Avalon is going to ship the chips ordered now in September, then I would of course buy KNC. If Avalon is shipping all the chips together in July/August, I would rather buy Avalon.
eroxors
Legendary

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 04:32:06 AM

Yes, but I don't really want to comb through the forums for it. I believe Zefir's group buy indicates as much.

Avalon is a bunch of young guys... they aren't good at customer service, they do what they want to do. It is what it is... they will likely deliver on time, but it's hard as hell to get a hold of any of them.

zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:44:03 AM

Yes, but I don't really want to comb through the forums for it. I believe Zefir's group buy indicates as much.

Avalon is a bunch of young guys... they aren't good at customer service, they do what they want to do. It is what it is... they will likely deliver on time, but it's hard as hell to get a hold of any of them.

No, I was maybe not clear on this. Truth is, I do not know (and most probably nobody else) how the chips will ship. I ordered 8 batches over the second half of April, and they might show up all at once in a big box or be shipped over two weeks in smaller packages.

It would really be helpful to know this to organize and prepare shipping beforehand. Given that team Avalon showed some presence on the forums recently and started handling tickets, I have some hopes that this will be clarified soon.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:48:37 AM

I only can say this:

2013-06-13: Batch 5 ordered - Status "Chips ordered" | Batch 6 starts
2013-06-09: Batch 1, 2, 3 and 4 changed their status from "Chips ordered" to "Sample-chip-shipped"
2013-06-04: Batch 2, 3 and 4 changed their status from "Processing" to "Chips ordered"
2013-05-27: Batch 4 ordered - Status "Processing" | Batch 5 starts
2013-05-23: Batch 3 ordered - Status "Processing" | Batch 4 starts
2013-05-23: Batch 2 changed their status from "On hold" to "Processing"
2013-05-21: Batch 1 changed their status from "Processing" to "Chips ordered"
2013-05-18: Batch 2 ordered - Status "On hold" | Batch 3 starts
2013-05-11: Batch 1 ordered - Status "Processing" | Batch 2 starts

So 9 days ago batch 5 was ordered and went to chips ordered fast. In hours. I tend to believe that the foundry didnt start to create the chips yet so that yifu can still put in more chip orders until the foundry starts to produce them all.
But if you buy today it can be that they already created the chips yesterday or so.

Yifu was a bit talkative the last days... maybe he answers the question.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:55:59 AM

My group order was closed 17-June
Let's hope it'll be put in production with other orders

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:58:57 AM

Whats your order status saying? I use AlertBox (FF-Extension) i get an alarm and an email when something changes there.

marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 11:00:32 AM

Whats your order status saying? I use AlertBox (FF-Extension) i get an alarm and an email when something changes there.
I have to ask john for update the group is escrowed

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:51:54 AM

BitSyncom, I know you don't give a fuck about customer service, but it would take less than a minute to answer this.
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:58:34 AM

BitSyncom, I know you don't give a fuck about customer service, but it would take less than a minute to answer this.

Pfft.

Patience grasshopper.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:06:37 AM

BitSyncom doesn't waste his time on these boards.  He is busy dealing with shipping issues and damaged products.  Plus he doesn't know when the chips will ship or how many will ship or to whom they will be shipped.  You will find all this out before he does.

All I asked is whether the chips are being manufactured together from the foundry, or in batches? I am sure he knows that!
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:11:06 AM

Not an important question really.

Just sit back and wait. Just like everyone else. Why get all verklempted?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:26:52 AM

Probably not important for you, but it is for me.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:29:34 AM

Chill out dude, we've got thousands riding on this too. Take a deep breath and worry about something else.

(Or are you planning to execute your own chip order today? Why would you make such a large purchase so long after the chips were announced?)

gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:35:24 AM

Chill out dude, we've got thousands riding on this too. Take a deep breath and worry about something else.

(Or are you planning to execute your own chip order today? Why would you make such a large purchase so long after the chips were announced?)

Of course I want to, thats why I am so anxious. I did not have any money earlier on. I have now. If all the chips are being manufactured together, then I would order Avalon. If its in batches, and I am looking at a September delivery, then I would invest in KNC.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:40:17 AM

Of course I want to, thats why I am so anxious. I did not have any money earlier on. I have now. If all the chips are being manufactured together, then I would order Avalon. If its in batches, and I am looking at a September delivery, then I would invest in KNC.

It is FAR more likely Avalon will deliver in one batch than KNC will deliver before December.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:56:36 AM

It is FAR more likely Avalon will deliver in one batch than KNC will deliver before December.

Source for your speculation?

Care to explain why Avalon should deliver at the same time one order placed TODAY and one placed on April, 16th?

I guess you know TSMC has a very standard lead time of 8 to 12 weeks from order to delivery, depending on both the characteristics of your order and their current workload. Why Avalon should be waiting for OP's chips to send the order to TSMC? Or maybe you are implying that Avalon just ordered chips in excess to accommodate later orders with a timely delivery?

Very unlikely, they never said they would do that.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 11:22:34 AM

I guess you know TSMC has a very standard lead time of 8 to 12 weeks from order to delivery, depending on both the characteristics of your order and their current workload.

If thats true it wouldnt be good because the first batches turned to chips ordered 5 weeks after paying. That would mean avalon couldnt keep his delivery window of 9-10 weeks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: