Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2024, 10:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info does not seem to send SMS verification.  (Read 1113 times)
bitfitted (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:05:22 AM

Hi,

I've been trying to login for a good 9 hours now, and I've seen on the login page that SMS verification has been sent.

But... I haven't received an SMS.

What I've tried so far:
* Clicked re-send a couple of times.
* Tried to login from a different browser.
* Made sure I was able to receive SMS from other numbers.

I live in the EU if that makes any difference.
bitfitted (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:52:21 AM

If you have tried to log in too many times your account may have been temporarily locked, from memory this is 4 hours.  Have your tried logging in using a mobile app as this does not require the sms verification?  You wont be able to use the mobile app if your account is locked though.

I don't have a phone capable of Google Play (or iPhone market), so far it seems I can't get the .apk file from blockchain.info without having Google Play.
Also, my phone is rooted, so I don't think it's a good idea letting my phone have access to my wallet. At least, some time ago I heard that the blockchain.info app stored the wallet plaintext on your device. I'm not sure how it's now though.
iANDROID

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Swiss Money all around me!

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:55:41 AM

If you have tried to log in too many times your account may have been temporarily locked, from memory this is 4 hours.  Have your tried logging in using a mobile app as this does not require the sms verification?  You wont be able to use the mobile app if your account is locked though.

I don't have a phone capable of Google Play (or iPhone market), so far it seems I can't get the .apk file from blockchain.info without having Google Play.
Also, my phone is rooted, so I don't think it's a good idea letting my phone have access to my wallet. At least, some time ago I heard that the blockchain.info app stored the wallet plaintext on your device. I'm not sure how it's now though.

Which version of Android? I can provide you the last .apk from the Market if you want.
bitfitted (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:19:03 PM

If you have tried to log in too many times your account may have been temporarily locked, from memory this is 4 hours.  Have your tried logging in using a mobile app as this does not require the sms verification?  You wont be able to use the mobile app if your account is locked though.

Which version of Android? I can provide you the last .apk from the Market if you want.

But I'm not sure I want to run 3rd party apps just like that (especially those which come in contact my BTC wallet). Can you please specify the .apk version and make a hash digest of the .apk?
bitfitted (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:54:24 PM

Update:

Sunday 23.06 - made a support ticket.
Monday 24.06 - still can't receive the SMS.

How long does it usually take to receive a reply to your tickets from blockchain.info staff?
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 03:58:31 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 07:28:51 PM by escrow.ms

You should contact piuk  here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=17928
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: