Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:54:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't redeem the BTG's!  (Read 235 times)
danielsantos18 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:20:37 PM

Hello,

I had my BTC's stored on Electrum before the BTG fork. 4 days after the fork, I transferred my BTC's to a new wallet that I created on Electrum 3.0.1, but I am not able to redeem my BTG's using the Private Key from wallet 1! I have already tried to download the Coinomi app on Android and make the sweep, but says I have no funds! It turns out that I have a balance in BTG available, even because I did everything correctly and in the official website of Bitcoin Gold says that my address has BTG to be rescued.

Any tips?

My Private Key starts with L and my address starts with the number 3.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:29:56 PM

You need not to describe your private data here  like L and 3. I have a suggestion, may be this helps you.
Just an hour ago, i received an email anouncement that blockchain started supporting bitcoin gold from today.
Now what you have to do is to import the electrum private key of  (your old electrum wallet) at blockchain and see if you are able to withdraw BTG from there.
If BTG is not seen there, then you have to wait until electrum support BTG
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:32:04 PM

Hello,

I had my BTC's stored on Electrum before the BTG fork. 4 days after the fork, I transferred my BTC's to a new wallet that I created on Electrum 3.0.1, but I am not able to redeem my BTG's using the Private Key from wallet 1! I have already tried to download the Coinomi app on Android and make the sweep, but says I have no funds! It turns out that I have a balance in BTG available, even because I did everything correctly and in the official website of Bitcoin Gold says that my address has BTG to be rescued.

Any tips?

My Private Key starts with L and my address starts with the number 3.

You don't need to say what your private key starts with or anything that could have information about private key.

In any case, if I wanted to do this the right way, I would download the official full client of Bitcoin Gold, sync it, and then dump the (previously emptied) private keys on there, and it should work.

Im not sure what Coinomi is. I know syncing a full node is annoying, but that is what I would do. So far I haven't bothered to get my BTG yet, im still sorting out my BCash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: