Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:39:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get latest created topics for a specific board ?  (Read 319 times)
ytrezq (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 27

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:57:32 PM

Hi,

As a newbie, I don’t know how to get latest topics for a specific board. What I need is to get all topics for a specific board sorted by date. I only found how to sort by last recent message post on topics (as result I’m getting topics created several weeks ago)
I can’t use Google for such task, because topics don’t have a specific ᴜʀʟ path for each different boards, which prevent me from using site: or inurl: query parameters of Google.

As an alternative, are there databases extract for public portions of bitcoin talk like Wikipedia or stack exchange is doing (for allowing users to run their own queries) ?
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Str1x

Activity: 140
Merit: 33

Buy me a beer 13mVkBy6HVwKuNovaWzYdF27FB6pLqoJtr

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:27:25 PM

Hi,

As a newbie, I don’t know how to get latest topics for a specific board. What I need is to get all topics for a specific board sorted by date. I only found how to sort by last recent message post on topics (as result I’m getting topics created several weeks ago)
I can’t use Google for such task, because topics don’t have a specific ᴜʀʟ path for each different boards, which prevent me from using site: or inurl: query parameters of Google.

As an alternative, are there databases extract for public portions of bitcoin talk like Wikipedia or stack exchange is doing (for allowing users to run their own queries) ?

It's not exactly what you asked for but you get at least something, use this in google search

site:"https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0"

It somewhat sorts the topics per date it was created(some outliers here and there). The site i used was the altcoin discussion forum

ytrezq (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:50:30 PM

It's not exactly what you asked for but you get at least something, use this in google search

It somewhat sorts the topics per date it was created(some outliers here and there). The site i used was the altcoin discussion forum

It’s returning topics completely unrelated to the board when asking last day topics.
Str1x

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:24:36 PM

It’s returning topics completely unrelated to the board when asking last day topics.

The only possible way is the forum search you can include/exclude certain subforums and sort the search for most recent topics first.

however you need to type some sort of word to actually search. So pick a word that is always used and use that.

ytrezq (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:28:09 PM

The only possible way is the forum search you can include/exclude certain subforums and sort the search for most recent topics first.

however you need to type some sort of word to actually search. So pick a word that is always used and use that.

Even in the case of search topic you can’t sort by topic creation time, only by topic size or last message on topic.
Str1x

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:36:33 PM

Even in the case of search topic you can’t sort by topic creation time, only by topic size or last message on topic.

You do have an option, check the dropdown menu the following options can be selected:
- most relevant results first
- largest topics first
- smallest topics first
- most recent topics first
- oldest topics first

I justed tested it with this query:
Search -> Noob
User -> *
Search in topic subjects only -> tick on
Drop down menu -> Most recent topics first

Gave me 4 pages results sorted by creation date

And yes i checked the whole first page to double check if it gives you creation date and not last date posted.

However i don't believe these are all result of the forum, think theymos did a block on how many results are given. Seems every query gives me around 4/5 pages.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: