Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:47:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Speculation thread  (Read 578 times)
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:09:47 PM

Where do you see bitcoin in 1 year?

Bitcoin has always been a hard investment for me to hold long term, because I still don't think the utility of the coin is worth the $100b+ market cap. As crypto currency gets more popular, I think we will see governments and big companies creating there own coin which will have some more utility. If a government creates its own coin, that will be the coin that is successful since it has some sort of backing. No one likes it when someone says bitcoin will fail, which is NOT what I am saying.

What are your thoughts on bitcoin as a long term investment? Do you think it is reasonable to allocate 60% of your crypto investment portfolio too it? I personally see merit in investing 15-25% of my portfolio into bitcoin.

Positivebetting
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:14:35 PM

I see bitcoin being 10k+ in a years time if you meant price wise. If you meant market wise I see it being accepted as an international store of value with loads of institutional investors coming on board. I think this understanding of "backing" must change in the coming years because bitcoin will have zero backing and not much utility but this does not mean it isnt a good investment or store of value. As per your investment statement that is completely up to the trader because some may hold 10% BTC, others 50-60%, and others yet may hold 100%. That much is up to your style of trading that will determine how much you can handle.

KeenHero

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:15:48 PM

i see bitcoin in rank 999 at https://coinmarketcap.com/

IOTA rank 1
MJunioR

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:17:12 PM

Being worth close to $10K, it will stagnate there for some time before it keeps growing in 2019/2020.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 07:17:55 PM

In case you weren't already aware, there is an entire sub-forum devoted to the topic of this thread:

I didnt see that, I will have a mod move this, thanks

Positivebetting
J. Cooper

Activity: 294

Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:28:47 PM

Ideally speaking, bitcoin should have hit the $10,000 mark. We are getting very close now so if we don't get too many setbacks over the course of the next year, $10,000 should be a very probable price range. Hopefully by then we are able to shrugg off the whole Bcash situation. I also hope lighting network will be finished and ready to deploy. It would be a great implementation to get nearly instant transactions for basically free (so no excessive transaction fees).

If those three events we're to happen, or if we come very close to achieving these goals I feel like 2018 would be a more than successful year for bitcoin.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 03:02:04 PM

Ideally speaking, bitcoin should have hit the $10,000 mark. We are getting very close now so if we don't get too many setbacks over the course of the next year, $10,000 should be a very probable price range. Hopefully by then we are able to shrugg off the whole Bcash situation. I also hope lighting network will be finished and ready to deploy. It would be a great implementation to get nearly instant transactions for basically free (so no excessive transaction fees).

If those three events we're to happen, or if we come very close to achieving these goals I feel like 2018 would be a more than successful year for bitcoin.

What would justify a $10k price which would leave the market cap around 166,801,370,000 market cap

Positivebetting
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:33:58 PM

Bitcoin has always been a hard investment for me to hold long term, because I still don't think the utility of the coin is worth the $100b+ market cap. As crypto currency gets more popular, I think we will see governments and big companies creating there own coin which will have some more utility. If a government creates its own coin, that will be the coin that is successful since it has some sort of backing. No one likes it when someone says bitcoin will fail, which is NOT what I am saying.

What are your thoughts on bitcoin as a long term investment? Do you think it is reasonable to allocate 60% of your crypto investment portfolio too it? I personally see merit in investing 15-25% of my portfolio into bitcoin.
I don't agree with you. Who needs government coins? Than they will differ from Fiat money? Just the fact that they cannot be touched and they will be stored in the electronic wallet. The basic principles of state regulation will remain unchanged. It is the same Fiat only rear view. I'm sure that these coins will not be in demand and bitcoin will also be in demand as now.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:35:04 PM

Bitcoin still remaineth the top Cryptocurrency. I don't see iit being overtaken at least in the nearest future.
With the way Bitcoin is going now, it's likely to hit $10k by Q1 next year.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 04:44:37 PM

Bitcoin still remaineth the top Cryptocurrency. I don't see iit being overtaken at least in the nearest future.

I am not saying bitcoin will die tomorrow, I am just saying I think it is very possible a government will create a digital currency that is very competitive with bitcoin.

Positivebetting
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:55:13 PM

You are not seeing the big picture even if a government creates their own coin, that will still be part of the current economic system, bitcoin is something that is a completely new way to look at currencies and at how the economies of the world are run, even if such a coin was more popular at some point the current system is going to collapse, it has happened before and it is going to happen again, and at that point people are going to choose bitcoin over any solution the governments of the world could create.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:55:19 PM

I am not saying bitcoin will die tomorrow, I am just saying I think it is very possible a government will create a digital currency that is very competitive with bitcoin.
Never, the state can not create a currency that can compete in popularity with bitcoin. This is contrary to common sense. Bitcoin became popular and increasing in price because people want to get away from the mismanagement of finances by the state. I do not believe that the government can make the currency competitive.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:53:58 PM

From a technical standpoint a government could create a better coin, they have billions and trillions of dollars to put into a research like this, the point is they do not want, even if a government creates their own coin, it is never going to be like bitcoin, it is going to be a centralized coin that watches everything you do and that will allow them to print as much as they want, bitcoin is different and they are never going to create a coin like bitcoin themselves so I’m not worried about government coins.
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:30:28 PM

Bitcoin in 1 year later ? it shoud be around 2018ish and 2019ish.
i believe that time the price should be around $15.000 more or less,
and when we're facing another halving in the next year the price will be double to around $25.000 and start to stabilize.
we need something to maintain our balance in this world,
lately people started to recognize it and imagine it if a billions people start to buy it ?
we need something to cover it up and at the same time the price will be pumped hard.
i believe there'll be a solution for a higher blocks so the transaction faster than before
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:58:16 AM

I don't think we'll see government coins. But I read the following interesting article about how some businesses are migrating towards altcoins because of the bitcoin fees:

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@teatree/some-thoughts-on-transaction-fees-and-mempool-backlogs

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 09:45:14 PM

I still think we are seeing a pump that has no explanation, so making a bitcoin investment would be very sketchy too me. Does anyone think that a price correction would be unreasonable? Or do you think it is over evaluated right now

Positivebetting
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:56:57 PM

I still think we are seeing a pump that has no explanation, so making a bitcoin investment would be very sketchy too me. Does anyone think that a price correction would be unreasonable? Or do you think it is over evaluated right now

If we look back, we could have faced corrections at various levels, but it has never happened, aside from a few smaller pull backs. I honestly believe that we're quite far beyond what would be a reasonable price in current times, but we just have to accept that Bitcoin's speculative nature is playing a very important role right now. However, if we see CME comes through with their futures, we will definitely see this market go up further. People who've been thinking that this is a bubble will then have even more to digest. In a great scenario we might even end up breaking through the $15,000 to $20,000 levels next year.
uslfd

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:46:47 PM

with institutional money flowing into the market, I see bitcoin surging easily to $12K then maybe we will see some correction coming back to $10K or below. Then head towards $18K by the end of next year!

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:12:32 AM

I’m still holding to my previous prediction that by the end of next year Bitcoin will be at a price of $15,000. That seems relatively low now that Bitcoin is already near $9000, but I also expect some price corrections next year as well. I don’t think the price will just keep rising throughout the year. We will most likely have periods of leveling off and periods where the price drops significantly. But I still think the price will rise next year.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 08:17:08 PM

We are closing in on $10,000 per coin which is absolute incredible. I certainly didnt think it would hit so soon.

Positivebetting
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: