Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase and Bitcoin Cash  (Read 227 times)
Sanglotslongs2 (OP)

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:20:51 PM

Hello,

Just wondering. Coinbase signed the NYA agrement , they provide wallet service and exchange. So 1st august, they handle a lot of bitcoincash, but they didn't give them to their user. They will do it on 1st january 2018. It's a strange move and I try to understand that.

1) Are they in good term with bitcoin cash miner/pumper, and keep the bitcoin cash to make the market easier to manipulate ?
2) Are they waiting to give a lot of bitcoin cash when the hype is over to definively destroy bitcoin cash price on 1st january ?
3) Is it true that it's only a technical issue ? (a lot of exchange did not have this issue ...).

What do you think ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rainbow0207

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:35:18 PM

Hello,

Just wondering. Coinbase signed the NYA agrement , they provide wallet service and exchange. So 1st august, they handle a lot of bitcoincash, but they didn't give them to their user. They will do it on 1st january 2018. It's a strange move and I try to understand that.

1) Are they in good term with bitcoin cash miner/pumper, and keep the bitcoin cash to make the market easier to manipulate ?
2) Are they waiting to give a lot of bitcoin cash when the hype is over to definively destroy bitcoin cash price on 1st january ?
3) Is it true that it's only a technical issue ? (a lot of exchange did not have this issue ...).

What do you think ?

Not only Coinbase, almost major exchange signed NYA agreement, like shapeshift too
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:38:24 PM

haven't heard about this move but it is without a doubt show a great mystery in it i mean why have they chosen January the 1 st ?
Sanglotslongs2 (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:44:02 PM

Hello,

What do you think ?

Not only Coinbase, almost major exchange signed NYA agreement, like shapeshift too

Yes but they gave to their customer 1 BCH for every BTC on balance. But COINBASE not, and it's not a casual exchange, I think it's one of the biggest.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:49:14 PM

Many player in crypto space do not like bitcoin cash. Bitcoin cash is as a matted of fact threaten Bitcoin ecosystem. Billions of Dollars have been invested in Bitcoin over the years,Now we must protect bitcoin.

jman0war

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:53:45 PM

Quote from: Sanglotslongs2
Yes but they gave to their customer 1 BCH for every BTC on balance. But COINBASE not, and it's not a casual exchange, I think it's one of the biggest.
If anybody left BTC on Coinbase at the time of the Bitcoin Cash fork, it's their own fault.

Coinbase sent email warnings to every customer to move their BTC off Coinbase as they would not be supporting Bitcoin Cash.
I got one and promptly moved by coins.

Later some people threatened a class action lawsuit and forced Coinbase to split people's BTC they held in their accounts at the time of fork.
But Coinbase have other priorities so can take their time with that, and are.

Personally i think Coinbase should tell people that expect them to split their coins for them to jump in a lake.
It's your own fault if you left BTC there at the time of the fork.

It's one of the problems with hard forks like Bitcoin Cash, it externalizes the 'costs' onto someone else, in this example Coinbase.

Sanglotslongs2 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:30:58 PM

Quote from: Sanglotslongs2
If anybody left BTC on Coinbase at the time of the Bitcoin Cash fork, it's their own fault.

Coinbase sent email warnings to every customer to move their BTC off Coinbase as they would not be supporting Bitcoin Cash.
I got one and promptly moved by coins.

Later some people threatened a class action lawsuit and forced Coinbase to split people's BTC they held in their accounts at the time of fork.
But Coinbase have other priorities so can take their time with that, and are.

Personally i think Coinbase should tell people that expect them to split their coins for them to jump in a lake.
It's your own fault if you left BTC there at the time of the fork.

It's one of the problems with hard forks like Bitcoin Cash, it externalizes the 'costs' onto someone else, in this example Coinbase.

It's a strange move don't you think ? They were big segwit2x supporter, Segwit2x failed so BitcoinCash was very attractive for on chain scaling. I don't understand they way to handle it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: