Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 08:25:47 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin not running exe  (Read 414 times)
oppiouuiuijhmn (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:49:32 AM

Immediately after installing Bitcoin, it asks me to run it, and it opens then.  But when I minimize it, the program closes, and won't open again.  What is happening?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 11:49:50 AM

Try reinstalling it. BTW, which OS are you using?

voneiden

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:19:13 PM

But when I minimize it, the program closes, and won't open again.  What is happening?

Bitcoin-qt might minimize to system tray. Does it say "Cannot obtain lock on data directory ... ... Bitcoin is probably already running." when you attempt to open it again?

Well, in that case bitcoin is already running, like it says. All you have to do is open it from your system tray, which is located at bottom right of your screen should you be using a Windows OS of some sorts.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:22:10 PM

But when I minimize it, the program closes, and won't open again.  What is happening?

Bitcoin-qt might minimize to system tray. Does it say "Cannot obtain lock on data directory ... ... Bitcoin is probably already running." when you attempt to open it again?

Well, in that case bitcoin is already running, like it says. All you have to do is open it from your system tray, which is located at bottom right of your screen should you be using a Windows OS of some sorts.
Oh that's easy. I thought he meant that it doesn't open from the system tray.  Undecided

pteranodon

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:27:39 PM

This had me wondering a couple of times. Especially if your PC runs 24/7 and you have Windows hide inactive icons in the tray, you can forget you had it running. Upside is you don't have to wait for it to recheck the blockchain
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: