Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claiming Bitcoin Gold in Electrum  (Read 970 times)
faaty (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:38:56 PM

I had Bitcoin in Electrum before the fork. How do I claim Bitcoin Gold now?
I tried using Coinomi, it wants private key of my BTC address
I dont have only one private key in Electrum. I had several addresses and several private keys having bitcoins before the fork. How do I claim now? Is there a way to claim with seed?
https://mybtgwallet.com/ this web site seems fine with seed but it does not have import a BTG wallet option enabled. It says"Because Bitcoin Gold was not released yet, this option is disabled" What the heck seriously?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crockard

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:16:47 AM

I dont have only one private key in Electrum. I had several addresses and several private keys having bitcoins before the fork. How do I claim now? Is there a way to claim with seed?
https://mybtgwallet.com/ this web site seems fine with seed but it does not have import a BTG wallet option enabled. It says"Because Bitcoin Gold was not released yet, this option is disabled" What the heck seriously?

moreover, is it safe to insert our seed in a online wallet?

concorde899

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:54:40 AM

Don't insert your seed anywhere.

To claim the BTG fo the BTC you had in Electrum you must run a full BTG node..
Check that info on google and do it.
There is no other way at the moment.

Cheers
coinnbank.com

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:17:30 AM

this wallet from Electrum for Bitcoin Gold :
http://electrongold.org/
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:20:50 AM

Can you do anything with your Bitcoin Gold if and when you claim it?
I guess most of us want to sell, but exchanges haven't started accepting deposits yet (or last I checked), so you can't do that anyway.

It's been quite a while now without much advance. I would have expected a working online wallet and a stable blockchain, so that exchanges accept deposits by now.
Bitcoin Cash, not exactly the most professional thing ever, makes this look very amateur.
concorde899

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:29:11 AM

electron gold website is still not listed on the official BTG website so be careful with that website.........I don't trust it.

If you claimed your BTG you can sell it on hitbtc.....you are able to transfer it and exchange it for other cryptocoins.

Be careful where you input your seeds and priv keys.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

If you don't know your private key on your Electrum wallet, you can still find it by just right clicking the address and click private key, windows will pop up that requires you to input your password to reveal your private key, next step is transfer all your Bitcoin to another wallet with new seeds, after confirmation are done you can now start to import all of your private keys that contains Bitcoin Gold to Coinomi. Better not use mybtgwallet.com for now, I mean it is legit BTG wallet and listed on BitcoiGold official webiste but still have lots of bugs and need lots of improvement.
concorde899

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:43:56 AM

Do not use mybtgwallet.com in any case now.

You are not able to import private keys from Electrum to Coinomi since those private keys are not BIP39 nor BIP44.
Also the 12 words seed is not recognized by Coinomi.

You can claim your BTG only by running a node or by waiting a little more until new wallets appear.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:44:02 AM

I am just waiting for proper official announcements. Be careful if you're browsing the web for solutions at the moment, as there will be scam stuff out there. You need to be patient and vigilant, same as if you are wanting to download a wallet for an airdropped altcoin. And don't give away private keys!

faaty (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:16:54 PM

If you don't know your private key on your Electrum wallet, you can still find it by just right clicking the address and click private key, windows will pop up that requires you to input your password to reveal your private key, next step is transfer all your Bitcoin to another wallet with new seeds, after confirmation are done you can now start to import all of your private keys that contains Bitcoin Gold to Coinomi. Better not use mybtgwallet.com for now, I mean it is legit BTG wallet and listed on BitcoiGold official webiste but still have lots of bugs and need lots of improvement.

I used several addresses in Electrum therefore there are several private keys as far as I understand. I had several addresses having bitcoin just before the fork. When Bitcoin Cash released I was able to get one private key by using a program, but I can not remember right now.

How big is it if I want to download full node by the way?

I can not access mybtgwallet.com right now, but I had entered the seed when it was available. It was used in Bitcoin Gold website so I had to trust them anyway.
xzip

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:44:15 PM

It need about 180GB of space and take about 5 hours. see also https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2412870
concorde899

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:54:44 PM

I used several addresses in Electrum therefore there are several private keys as far as I understand. I had several addresses having bitcoin just before the fork. When Bitcoin Cash released I was able to get one private key by using a program, but I can not remember right now.

I can not access mybtgwallet.com right now, but I had entered the seed when it was available. It was used in Bitcoin Gold website so I had to trust them anyway.

There is a good change that your bitcoins are stolen by mybtgwallet.com if you didn't move them before inputing your private keys there.
If they are not then I advise you to move them asap to a brand new BTC wallet.
You can claim the btg with your old addreses after the node downloads.
faaty (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:19:37 PM

There is a good change that your bitcoins are stolen by mybtgwallet.com if you didn't move them before inputing your private keys there.
If they are not then I advise you to move them asap to a brand new BTC wallet.
You can claim the btg with your old addreses after the node downloads.

I do not have any bitcoins at the moment. I have sold them all, nobody can steal Smiley

but it is still a bad thing if they steal my bitcoin gold
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 01:21:28 PM

It need about 180GB of space and take about 5 hours. see also https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2412870
There's a torrent that should speed things up, doubt it will take 5 hours to sync, more like 5 days, the seed nodes are overloaded
Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:47BFB9826B588354917CB6BDC0CAF00D47A1D4D4
And for the love of GOD, DO NOT ENTER YOUR SEED PHRASE ON A FUCKING WEBSITE NO MATTER WHAT IT CLAIMS.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:57:11 PM

You probably already know this, but I will say it just in case, because you didn't mention you would be doing this in your post.
You should really start the "split procedure" by transferring all your bitcoins to another wallet first. Create a new seed etc, on electrum for example, since you already use it, and transfer all your coins there first. They you can use any available method, that will of course involve using your private key, or seed. Also, by doing this first, you will make sure that even if there are any problems with replay protection, you will not lose you bitcoin in any way.

concorde899

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:59:53 AM

It is possible that your money are gone. Check balance and move funds ASAP, your wallet is compromised.

Join this community if something went wrong :
https://join.slack.com/t/stolenbtc/shared_invite/enQtMjczNzMxOTM5MjIyLTNhZWRlNjNmMGUwOGJlYzFlMGZhNTIxMjA1ZWJhZmU1YTJjOTY3NTQ3Y2Q2YWE5NTc5NzAxZTRlYzAzYmEzMzA
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:59:37 AM

I would not want to try that https://mybtgwallet.com/ if I were you. I have been hearing some hints of some people losing their funds and the BTG team are investigating how that must have happened right now, so you might want to take a pause on that. For Electrum, I am not sure if it is something you can do now since there has been no direct statement from electrum yet, at least as far as I know.

The best bet is to use your private key, but where to use it is the thing. Since coinomi allows you to input your private key, why not move your BTC from the wallet right now to be on the safe side, and once that is done, you can just use your private key to get your BTG on coinomi.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████